Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

MM grouping people with headsets with people who don't.

If you don't want to be a team player I don't want you on my team.

By default the matchmaking should detect if a person has a headset plugged in and on (since it shows up in the pre and after game lobbies) and ONLY group people that have headset with people that have them and people without headsets with people without headsets.

I am so sick of these folks that have no idea how the game works coming into a co-op or even a wargame scenario and totally hosing our team because not only do they not know what they are doing they have no interest in learning what they are doing wrong or how to do it correctly.

I really don't like that in a wargame scenario I am getting put in a group against a pre-made team that not only has headsets but also put in a group that has no-one else with a headset. How in the hell is a group that can't communicate suppose to compete against an entire team that is communicating and co-ordinating against you?

First off I love the game but....I Just reached level 70 the other day and now It won't let me level up any higher. Its not letting me pick any other specializations or earn any XP. I have been playing matchmaking and its not giving me any of the XP because it has me stuck. Has anyone had this problem?? Do I need a code to pass this. Someone Help me out please!!!!

I don't know if anyone has brought this up or not, but I'll bring it up again. The game seems to be all about running in and just getting kills now. The guy with the most kills in first place ends up sometimes 20 kills with freakin 30 deaths....and he's in first place? what the heck is that? He's the reason you LOST for crying outlout who cares about his killcount if he dies like crazy.....

there's players who get around 10 to 15 kills in a match ending up in last place with the least amount of points even if they died once or twice while the top guy got 20 kills died 30 times...

I liked it when you're points got deducted for dying, that in itself makes you opt to get better at the craft, die less, realize you got a team on yourside so you don't just rush in trying to melee a guy right when your shields down thinking oh it's all good at least I got a kill...instead of retreating since your ally has a full shield and can finish him off while you flee, regen your shield, help him fight the others that are coming instead of waiting to respawn for being stupid and rushing in just for the kill.

if this can't change..at LEAST...give a bonus 10 points for evey full minute or longer alive...I mean somethign man...it's a skill to get decent kills and stay alive...it isn't a skill to sit back get no kills and survive obviously but...come on...there's gota be other players with this complaint...

I understand the opposing team picking up a few points for killing you may "seem" like a penalty for dying..but the guy who always ends up top 1st place probably could care less since he ends up in first being proud of his 30 deaths...

others said it..I'll say it again...bring back ranked playlists...its hella fun...keeps you on edge...just overall players play different cause they know they're building up their skill al while trying to get a higher skillcount...it forces you to get better at all angles of halo.

R.O.F.L

I think that no one from 343 even Read this Topic , This is like shouting in the empty forrest.

Lots of complains and true issues of this game and not EVEN SINGLE ANSWER OF 343 .

I Think That they are not gonna do anything to these Problems/Issues .

CORRECT ME IF I`M WRONG ( 343 TELL US WHAT HAVE YOU DONE OR NOT).

• Like 1

I'm rather new when it comes to posting, and i'm not sure if it was mentioned, but why do you get rid of playlists? It's really anoying, like getting rid of king of the hill. Why cant you just keep them all, it's better for the players preference and variety. Now i'm not being ignorent, eaither, i'm sure there is a logical explaination, but if it is in your power, 343, can you please try to keep playlists permanantly? Thank you.

Here's some of my common issues:

1. "Profile cards" auto-switching

- You know the screen you're in while you are waiting to find a game/ see IncomingPlayers. Well I click someones "card" to view their MP stats like K/D ratio, and it will switch me automatically to another players card instead, then it'll switch again to another. It can become a little annoying, I wish it would just stay on that particular player's profile card so i can look at it without it switching to someone elses 3+seconds later.

2. System not always bringing in new players after previous ones quit

- About half the time the system won't bring in new players, leading to a boring match of 6 vs 2, ect. It seems the system doesn't always bring in new players to even out the teams. Its a bummer having a match ruined to a few quiters, having to annoyingly wait for the match time to run out. I really hope in the reasonably near future 343 can make it 99% of the time new players will fill those who quit in matches.

This is probably the wrong place to post but definitely a good question to spectral jester. Good sir, how do you find out login information? I'm logged in now but don't remember username passwords email... Any of it really. I'm using my Internet on my iPhone 4S and wanted to log in under my desktop. Any chance I could get passwords and username and all that sent to whatever email is connected to this account?

I know I have the emails signed in on my phone as I've gotten mail telling me I have had private chat messages on here before. I just can't recall which one of the two it was. Please help? Thanks.

I got the game yesterday and for the last 28 hours, every time I try and join in the multi-player matches it says "The halo 4 servers are not avalable. Please try Again later. Matchmaking has been switched to useing the default playlist."

And doesn't show anyone online on any of the 6 servers it shows

I have X-box live for 15 more months and it works fine with downloading, messaging, and anything else, but not on halo

idk why it won't work or how to fix it but some help would be great, thanks.

I got the game yesterday and for the last 28 hours, every time I try and join in the multi-player matches it says "The halo 4 servers are not avalable. Please try Again later. Matchmaking has been switched to useing the default playlist."

I have X-box live for 15 more months and it works fine with downloading, messaging, and anything else, but not on halo

Maybe the servers are down right now

Possible fixes:

-Press start, go down and switch your connection to XBOX LIVE, make sure it isn't on System link, local or anything else.

-Go to storage under console settings, remove the War Games and re-install the disc.

Alright I like Halo 4 but you guys need to work out some issues 343:

1: Too many grenades there are a lot of people just spamming grenades it gets really annoying. Also they are a tad over powered

2: The DMR is a bit over powered because it can even win mid range short range battles as well as long range battles against the Battle Rifle

3: You need more maps and playlists(fun ones such as Action Sack/Grifball/Multi-team) also smaller maps are preferred.

-On a side note FIX CUSTOM GAME MOST DOWNLOADABLE SECTION or custom games in general so we can get more community maps in the playlists. It's been 2 months!

4:We use to able to have search preferences when matchmaking in Halo Reach

5: On grenades again too many sticky grenades or there too good because way too often then not people are able to stick me.

Hope you guys can fix these problems the most bugging one is grenades and playlists other than that thanks for your time and you guys are still pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Hello, names Syko and i have several problems that need to be changed.

1. DMR is way overpowered and needs to be re-balanced kills in five shots regardless if its all head shots or not and thats just ridiculous

2. BR needs to be re-balanced as well its way to weak for being a 3-round burst weapon

3. There should be no EXP cap of any kind the reason is cause i could play for 4 hours and get capped and will have to wait 8 hours to play again for EXP

4. When choosing host it should always choose the one with the best connection. And when the host isn't compatible to the game make it choose a host faster rather than everyone lagging for 5 mins than choosing a host its a pain.

5. The Killcam seemed like a good idea but i dont think it should be there the reason is after watching when you spawn and go to that area the person is long gone and is just a waste of time

6.Kills should count as EXP like Reach cause my friends and I have played games where one of us would get 500 points yet only get about 400 EXP for it not including the rest of EXP gains

7.The Autosentry, its basically a decoration in-game its very weak has no tactical value and needs to be amped up and at least stay with the player who used the ability

8.Finally, dispawning weapons after you die i hate how i die run back over to my body and all my stuff is just gone and i know none of my teammates or enemies were over there.

Thank you for reading what issues I've noticed playing this wonderful game and i hope that some of these problems may be fixed.

Sincerely, BaMn Sykotic

There are a lot of issues with Matchmaking whether it be opinionated or fact. The job of the developer is to satisfy most of their gaming community to the best of their ability. We paid good money for Halo 4, stood in long lines, and were promised things that I think as a consumer, Halo fan, and Squad Leader should be taken care or. I will list all of the problems I see in matchmaking below:

Armor Abilties:

Promethian vision should not be an option in Infinity Slayer. The maps are too small and there are too few people on the map to make this armor ability effective. On Adrift for example a large amount of people use Pro. Vision (That's what I call it) and it because a match of who sees who. It is completely ridiculous. By pulling Pro. Vision in the game you take out the key skill of stealth that has always been used in every Halo game by the best players. You have taken a wonderful tool from skilled players and given it to those who can not read their radar.

Ordinances:

I enjoyed them at first but now I see that they are too much in Halo 4. The fact that people can call in Rockets and Spartan Lasers, and much more is too much to account for to play the game as Halo is meant to be played, with skill. I once played a game of big team where there were three Spartan Lasers on the enemy team at once. That is too much. It makes the use of vehicles ridiculous. What is the point of having vehicles on the map if they are going to be destroyed as soon as they go out. I ask that you either make separate playlist with no ordinances or remove some of the items...like the Spartan Laser from the ordinance drop list of weapons.

Weapons:

Most weapons don't bother me, but automatic weapons are too much on this game. Halo has always been based on the principle that precision weapons kill your enemy faster if you shoot them in the head. This takes skill. The automatic weapons are just as powerful as the precision weapons. By upping the power in the A.R. and Suppresor you have taken out the line that separates the skilled players from the not so skilled players. Not even to say oh im better than people but for me to learn what I need to practice on and my squad. What is the point of playing a game the new players can be just as good as players that have worked on their strafing and dmr/br skills for years.

Vehicles:

The vehicles are like toys in this Halo. The blow up so easily it is so frustrating. I get so annoyed. I am a skilled warthog driver. I have prized myself as a warthog driver for years. This new warthog is too easy to blow up. I should not have to camp back in the corner of the map because my warthog blows up with one grenade stick.

Grenades:

The plasma grenade lags so much in the game. They will go past or over shoot the intended target and still stick the target. I have been stuck so many times by this effect. It is so annoying, this really needs to get fixed.

There is a lot to fix in the game for sure. It is okay but it could be a lot better if it were more like Halo and less like Call of Duty. There needs to be rewards for skill. Skill with stealth, weapons, spawn times, map knowledge, call outs...things like that. Not the running and gunning that I am seeing now. I hope you consider some of these things that need to be fixed.

DrThaddeus

• Like 1

I recently got into making new forge and custom games maps in Halo 4 like I did in Reach and 3. I was saddened to realize Custom Games is missing huge amounts of game settings. I was hoping that after reading this, that someone in 343 could add those game settings that Reach had, and Halo 4 doesn't into the next title update. One big setting improvement would be the setting "Weapons on Map" from Halo 3 and Reach that allows not only ordnance, but also placed weapons to appear on the map. I found that this setting is limiting my progress a lot in the Flood (Infection) game type, because none of the weapons I placed on the map are there when in a custom game.

Thanks for your Consideration,

Nihenbin

Ordinances:

I enjoyed them at first but now I see that they are too much in Halo 4. The fact that people can call in Rockets and Spartan Lasers, and much more is too much to account for to play the game as Halo is meant to be played, with skill. I once played a game of big team where there were three Spartan Lasers on the enemy team at once. That is too much. It makes the use of vehicles ridiculous. What is the point of having vehicles on the map if they are going to be destroyed as soon as they go out. I ask that you either make separate playlist with no ordinances or remove some of the items...like the Spartan Laser from the ordinance drop list of weapons.

Weapons:

Most weapons don't bother me, but automatic weapons are too much on this game. Halo has always been based on the principle that precision weapons kill your enemy faster if you shoot them in the head. This takes skill. The automatic weapons are just as powerful as the precision weapons. By upping the power in the A.R. and Suppresor you have taken out the line that separates the skilled players from the not so skilled players. Not even to say oh im better than people but for me to learn what I need to practice on and my squad. What is the point of playing a game the new players can be just as good as players that have worked on their strafing and dmr/br skills for years.

There is a lot to fix in the game for sure. It is okay but it could be a lot better if it were more like Halo and less like Call of Duty. There needs to be rewards for skill. Skill with stealth, weapons, spawn times, map knowledge, call outs...things like that. Not the running and gunning that I am seeing now. I hope you consider some of these things that need to be fixed.

DrThaddeus

Completely agree with this point, ordinance was a good idea, but in practice, far too many people get them at once which can at times make for a very unpleasant game. (It doesnt help that, once a team start winning, they get ordinance more than the losing team. Resulting in the winning team being able to win more easily in general). While it's fair to say that many newer players may enjoy the ordinances because it allows them to compete against higher skilled players, I think that the current matchmaking system forces players to play games with ordinance in rather than letting them choose a simple slayer/ big team without ordinance. (Personally I find nothing more annoying that getting in a vehicle only to find that I'm heading straight for a rocket launcher, spartan laser, railgun and binary rifle all laying into me. It just defeats the point of vehicles). I'm not saying ordinance should be removed completely, not by a long shot, but I do think that it needs toning down a little. Either that, or just add an extra game type or two allowing people the choice to play a gametype without the ordinance, as I usually find, with regards to vehicles, a plasma pistol and a sticky grenade does the trick without the need for excessive fire power. I feel that this really lets the multiplayer down in some respects as it prevents more skilled players from enjoying a simpler form of slayer where power weapons are perhaps not in such an abundance as they are in other game types.

That being said, 343 Industries did a great job in other regards; the graphics are unparalleled for halo, weapons have been reasonably balanced and overall and the multiplayer is still as fun to play as ever. I also think they did a great job with the campaign and Spartan ops. Overall, I feel that while Halo 4 is a great game, the multiplayer could use a little tweaking to allow more freedom to the player that wants a break from all the ordinance.

So if I'm lucky and somebody from 343 sees this post, please just consider the points above on tweaking the matchmaking / adding "old-school" options for matchmaking as there seems to be a desperate need for it.

Halo 4 is a great game that will lose it's steam if it's matchmaking isn't revamped.

What NEEDS to happen:

Classic playlists that should be permanent such as: Slayer Pro, FFA, King of the hill, Team snipers, CTF, Oddball.

A weekly Forge map to keep people entertained. There arn't very many maps & waiting for every DLC is mind numbing.

An MLG playlist or some type of clan battle playlist would be great.

A better ranking system. Player ranks can't be lost.... The feeling of "I HAVE TO WIN" is gone because there's no threat or excitement.

Giving some players the thought of why am i even playing this game?

With matchmaking's limited amount of playlists, maps, incentitives to win and skill based ranks. Multiplayer feels repetitive and dull.

This is unfortunate because H4 is a smooth Fps with lots of potental.

- StiLL FraMe

• Like 1

Just had a BTB match where all but 2 of my teammates dropped out and went 57 kills/29 deaths. The game ended when the last kill happened and was given the message: "Aborted due to networks difficulties" yet I was awarded the completion credit but no victory/score credit. Also, most of my medals haven't been given credit. I'll have most of my games not give me my medals posted in the post carnage screen. This is normally trivial for me, but when I dedicate a lot of time and it goes unrewarded/not given at all, it's very frustrating. Any compensation? Or at least an answer as to why?

halo 4 feels to dumbed down. i started playing h3 yesterday and felt acomplishment after winning a game in h4 it tries to hard to atract casual players that each kill is earned with the player who shoots first and there is barley any use for straffing because of the insane aim assist. also setspawns were better because they made for choke points in non objective game types. now u can luckily spawn right next to ordinance. finally some things like boltshot should be taken out of game. active camo should be a pick up not anarmor ability and forge maps should be put in war games rotation

Halo 4 is a great game that will lose it's steam if it's matchmaking isn't revamped.

What NEEDS to happen:

Classic playlists that should be permanent such as: Slayer Pro, FFA, King of the hill, Team snipers, CTF, Oddball.

A weekly Forge map to keep people entertained. There arn't very many maps & waiting for every DLC is mind numbing.

An MLG playlist or some type of clan battle playlist would be great.

A better ranking system. Player ranks can't be lost.... The feeling of "I HAVE TO WIN" is gone because there's no threat or excitement.

Giving some players the thought of why am i even playing this game?

With matchmaking's limited amount of playlists, maps, incentitives to win and skill based ranks. Multiplayer feels repetitive and dull.

This is unfortunate because H4 is a smooth Fps with lots of potental.

- StiLL FraMe

classic playlists like action sack and multi team too and maybe fiesta as a stand alone. Clan battles playlist sounds cool should be with clan support though. and a thing that he didnt say why am i playing this if im 150 there should be more things to spend credits on or no credit system at all like h3
  • Like 1