Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

My issues with Halo 4's MM:

1. No ranked playlists.

Everything is currenty social. Bring back social and competitive playlists. The ranked playlists are what made the multiplayer in the previous games so incredibly addicting. I could care less about these "points" that don't really mean anything besides a pat on the back. Please bring the rank back and make it visible in game. Don't just put it in Way Point.

Right now all rank shows is how much you play the game, which I think is lame. What makes you want to get any better if you just keep leveling up? And if I want to see how much you play the game, I can do that, and down to the exact second if I view your profile in MM.

For me if this doesn't change, I'll loose interest in the game. This one factor is why I've always liked the MM in Halo. It's why I've lost interest in other shooters and always come back to Halo. They had a great skill system and instead of improving on it, its just gone. This was incredibly disappointing for me.

None of the games I play keep me on the edge of my seat. I really miss that feeling.

2. No BTB objective play list!

Assault was by far my favorite BTB match up and its gone. So disappointed. Bring it back! Along with one flag, 2 flag, and territories. Please! I can't believe this was missing at launch. It's was standard with 2 and 3.

Those two issues are my biggest concerns. But I have more, lol

3. Number of playable Maps

343, first I want to say, I love your new additions, but right now it doesn't feel like there are enough maps. Easy solution, well from a design stand point, bring back the classics! I'd love to see maps like:

Lockout (Blackout) - my all time favorite

Beaver Creek

Ascension

Burial Mounds

Ivory Tower

Headlong

Relic

Sanctuary

Terminal

Turf

Zanzibar (Last resort) - my all time fave BTB map

Construct

Ghost Town

Guardian - miss this one! Reminds me of Lockout

High Ground - my favorite halo 3 map!

Snow Bound

The Pit

Standoff

Rats Nest

I really enjoyed those maps. I know I wrote a bunch of them, but those are all solid maps that any halo vet and newcomer should enjoy.

Even bringing back some maps from Reach would be cool.

4. Joining mid game.

This feature is awesome, but not for ranked playlists, which are missing... see #1!

5. Customizing MM search and Lag

Where did this feature go? I miss searching for matches with good connections... latley I've had lag in almost all my games. It doesn't last the whole match (sometimes it does), but I've noticed brief instances of lag and it's detrimental to gameplay. My Nat is open! I'm plugged in to the router and I have optimal settings, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I know its the first week, but I hope this issue disappears.

I could write more, but I think that covers the gist of it. I left gameplay out.

343 I want you to know I think this game is awesome! The first level blew me away and I like a lot of the changes. Halo 4 was off my radar because of Bungie getting acquired by Activision. But now I think the Halo franchise is in good hands. Listen to the fans and support the online community as much as bungie did and you will gain/keep quite a following!

Keep up the great work guys and gals! Its nice to have Master Chief back!

You have summed everything wrong with halo 4, in this 1 post. Thank you sir.

On this game I was a level 33 and then after playing a match on ragnarok me and one other SR 33 in the lobby got reset to SR 1 but if you go in our service record it still says SR 33 but for the lobby board where you show off your armor it says I am an SR 1 and I cannot change my armor from recruit I can customize it in the spartan hub but it doesn't show it I have the same problem with my loadouts I can change them but I cannot access them in-game what do I do please help

January Bulletin.

It is great to hear that 343 are making some changes in February. If you ask me they can't come soon enough.

My views

The easy bit...

Please make the mlg, doubles and ffa playlist permanent or you will continue to upset many players, myself included. I do not want to be forced to play particular playlists. I will try them and play them if they are good but do not remove already proven playlists. Also keep Regicide (especially team) as this is another great option to have.

STOP forcing me into already started games, people leave these because they are in a laggy host, so don't put me in it ffs!

The hard bit, but the most important...

Please fix the host selection (or even better get some quality dedicated hosts set up). Obviously you don't want to do this as lag has been a huge halo issue forever.

My set up is VM 100Mb Down 10Mb Up, wired (superhub in modem mode, asus ac66u router WIRED to xbox) My ping and speedtest results are..

18ms ping,

95Mb Down,

9.5Up,

with <3ms jitter.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2442813985.png

some other points

It seems to me when a game is really laggy the first person to leave is the host who has hardly any kills, it happens a lot, why is this?

I hardly ever get host despite having a perfect gaming set up and on the rare occasion I get host everyone loves it. (how do I know I am host, I can feel it in the game / I set up a custom game, start it then let others join, or I leave before the last kill in a game and my friends tell me if the scoreboard comes up to select a new host (only done this a couple of times to check since 343 removed the ability to check via bloom spawn).

Some of the most solid games I have played have been on big team infinity slayer, perfect and without lag. (not always but more often than normal slayer). SO are the host selection parameters different for this playlist?

WHY can't I pick to be or give host in a custom game, why do I have to start the game myself and invite players after to achieve being host?

As I have said before - great game, bad execution of lots of things, forcing us to play unwanted playlists, plagued by bad hosts. Maps - more like haven / solace / abandon. I hate the big multi player maps it's playing campaign which I find boring. I love the competitive side to 2v2, 3v3 & 4v4.

Good luck in fixing these issues and thanks for a otherwise superb first game from 343.

(not shouting just highlighting some more things for my badly laid out post)..

I CAN'T SEARCH FOR FORGE MAPS etc no files found

FIX THE REPLAYS OR REMOVE THEM

I WANT TO ALTER THE SPAWN TIME IN CUSTOM GAMES BUT CAN'T (maybe i'm missing something)

Thanks

Chucky

My problem with multiplayer is that you get thrown into games. 343 stop making halo like cod. getting trown into games ruins your win percentage .every game I get thrown into is because the bad kids on losing team quit cause there getting raped then I have to take there lose with them even if I pull 2.0 joining at end of game. OUTRAGEOUS. No other halo had this problem once a game starts that's it. no joining . Cause to throw someone into a losing game is ridiculous.... fix your mistakes 343 you cod loving bad kids you should have never taken over a game you clearly couldn't handle... good job.

My problem with multiplayer is that you get thrown into games. 343 stop making halo like cod. getting trown into games ruins your win percentage .every game I get thrown into is because the bad kids on losing team quit cause there getting raped then I have to take there lose with them even if I pull 2.0 joining at end of game. OUTRAGEOUS. No other halo had this problem once a game starts that's it. no joining . Cause to throw someone into a losing game is ridiculous.... fix your mistakes 343 you cod loving bad kids you should have never taken over a game you clearly couldn't handle... good job.

I'm getting really angry with all of you. This is a fan SITE. 343i doesn't care about it! If you want them to notice post on halo waypoint!

Well, if you just want to SHARE your issues that is fine, but at the end of each post, stop asking "343i this is a really big problem please fix".

Like I said, FAN MADE SITE.

Being put into a losing game where its obvious the host is crap (which is probably why people left in the first place). Oh and the large number of people using lag switches. Not much of a ghosting issue these days, but people still use it pretty consistently when running around corners, right before taking two shots with a dmr, or grenades. Makes the DMR roughly a 3 hit kill combo then since the first two shots don't register until after they let go. Less if they have damage boost. Its pretty obvious when it happens but doesn't seem much is being done in that category, and before someone says " your connection is crap", I'd hardly call 8Gbps down 4Gbps up < 13ms ping for most games anywhere near that. Its a real problem and someone needs to do something about it.

I'm getting really angry with all of you. This is a fan SITE. 343i doesn't care about it! If you want them to notice post on halo waypoint!

Well, if you just want to SHARE your issues that is fine, but at the end of each post, stop asking "343i this is a really big problem please fix".

Like I said, FAN MADE SITE.

Halo won't have many fans unless 343 make these changes, i will also post my comments on waypoint. Thanks

So using all my weapons in my arsenal to wipe out a team of 4 by myself to steal a flag makes me a noob? Ah ok I forgot halo is all about one gun otherwise dummies like you call you a noob lol. Why dont you learn to use all the weapons not just one from across the map. True skill is being able to wipe out a team by yourself using everything around you. Not peppering someone from 500 miles away.

Buddy.... first of all : youre compairing halo 4 to Reach. so im guessing you never played Halo 2 or 3.

second aof all: you saif it yourself, you never get double kills or triple kills. and not youre saying you get over kills playing CTF?

thirdly: grenades used to be a defensive stratagy. Back in Halo 3 MLG days there were no starting AAs, the only way to figure out where the team was or to get a jump on someone was to use a precise grenade bounce.

Ever since Reach came out, Bad kids think its acceptable top stand back, uinload both starting grenades, sprint in, die. then instantly spawn to do it all again.

i dont know how many times ive been betrayed by some coward standing way behind me trying to kill the guy i already ran up to and killed.

Ok I have been playing halo 4 for a while now and there is something that is bothering me... it seems like halo 4 has removed a lot of stuff, I mean A LOT OF STUFF that the previous halo games had.

for example

1. no trueskill system (1-50): seriously? why remove it just because the bad players complain?

there was a reason why halo 3 was more balanced than halo reach and 4 (it matched players depending on how well they did ex:

bad players will be paired up with bad players

while pros will be paired with pros etc)

2. Playlist is short: yes, yes i know its going to be updated but how will you feel if they don't add classic modes like... a normal ffa (regicide is cool but the classic ffa was fun)

3. No proper assault modes: yes there is grifball and you could just modify it... but where is the explosion, grif is suppose to die... there is a reason why its called "grifball"

4. Forge maps: the maps Impact, Erosion, and Ravine are "bloodgulch-sized" maps... they are not REAL forgeworld maps

5. Theater mode: this... this is whats bothering me... where is theater mode for CAMPAIGN and S-OPS!?

6. Custom games: I don't need to explain this... a lot of people complained about it...

7. Join in progress: how do you feel when every match you join is either: about to end, you are put in a losing team with impossible odds, and unbalanced?

8. Campaign: campaign was good but not good like halo 3s one or halo 2s, where is the epic music playing loudly in the background all i hear is ambient noises, where is the freedom? the missions felt linear, and wheres the epic moments (odsts dropping in to help then loud drum beats play etc...)

9. Scoring system: where is the scoring system for s-ops and campaign? without them they feel... boring

10. Menu: why did they have to make the menu too.... exaggerated? seriously they could have done a Reach-like menu where an artistic background is in it not a 3d background (serously it made the Framerate drop... and your in a freaking menu)

11. balance: halo 3 had perfect balance in matchmaking, halo reach was meh, halo 4... wtf why am i paired up witht he pros... im not that good.. pair me up with someone with equel skill as me not someone who could kill me every five seconds

12. DMR: its overpowered and is now the most overused weapon

13. 1-50 only in waypoint: wtf I want to see my rank next to my profile not exit the damned game just to see my rank... otherwise whats the point?

14. Unneccesary quicktime events: personally i believe this is the reason why there is no theater for campaign... plus its useless... it also takes you away from halo experiance

15. S-ops repeatative: why are all the mission just recycled maps with different objectives?

16. firefight is gone: dumbest decision to remove it. s-ops is gold only, what happens if you only have silver or no online at all... i wanna kill some time by killing prometheans and covies (hell firefight is also a good way to show off the deadliness of the prometheans)

17. Xp Cap: i don't need to explain this

18. Kill cams: kill cams are innacurate, you watch a killcam yet the dude killed you YES HE WAS LOOKING AT A WALL!

19. ODST helmet: seriously where is it?

20. Emblems needs to be unlocked: wtf? is this!? why do i need to unlock them when in other halo games they are already available!

21. kill system: where are the matches where kills matters... this are matches where you can actually show off your skill in this game... not get an assist every 5 seconds yet end up being number 1!

22. 343i: the fact that they are listening to the casuals and kids when they should pay attention to the fans who have been playing this since halo 1 and 2!

23. Vehicles: they need to balance some of the vehicles... or nerf some (banshee is weak and sluggish)

24. Map variarety: more maps to vote... how many times have YOU played ragnarok on Big-team slayer?

........................................................................................................................................

thats all i might add some issues and remove stuff (when they are fixed)

See this guy (That1Dude0097) knows what he is talking about now i have played and owned every halo to date (yes i guess im some sort of no-life fanboy if thats what floats your boat) and i have to say he has made the most viable arguments and points i have seen 343i listen to your FANS PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PLAYING HALO SINCE ITS FIRST DEBUT!!! PLEASE DONT LISTEN TO THE 11 AND TWELVE YEAR OLDS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT PLEASE THATS RETARDED. now no offence i know im going on a rant here and again i mean no offence but as much as i like to play call of duty dont turn this into an unofficial branch-off of it your real fans are the ones you need to listen too. not your first years who havent even played reach let alone halo 2-3 hell even halo 1. thanks for reading hope you do right by us.

• Like 1

AIM ASSIST!!!! I once was watching my game theater mode and I wasn't even aiming at a guy and he died. In h3 or hreach I wouldn't have gotten that kill.

See this guy (That1Dude0097) knows what he is talking about now i have played and owned every halo to date (yes i guess im some sort of no-life fanboy if thats what floats your boat) and i have to say he has made the most viable arguments and points i have seen 343i listen to your FANS PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PLAYING HALO SINCE ITS FIRST DEBUT!!! PLEASE DONT LISTEN TO THE 11 AND TWELVE YEAR OLDS WHO ARE JUST STARTING OUT PLEASE THATS RETARDED. now no offence i know im going on a rant here and again i mean no offence but as much as i like to play call of duty dont turn this into an unofficial branch-off of it your real fans are the ones you need to listen too. not your first years who havent even played reach let alone halo 2-3 hell even halo 1. thanks for reading hope you do right by us.

Those are all problems and aim assist is a problem

this goes for any type of game type you happen to be in....but please I am begging that they calm the boltshot down alittle bit. in halo 2 they use to call the plasma pistol the "nube tube" but this takes it to a whole new level. the whole fact that now we can start with a one shot kill weapon kinda defeats the pupose of.. well a lot of things. I personally never use the thing because I feel I die alittle inside when I do, the fact that no matter how hard someone persued me, shot me beat me and chase me.. all in takes is about .02 seconds for me to load up this hand cannon of doom and make quick work of him. there seems to be no reason to me for picking the scattershot or shotgun for my ordinance since I already start with a hand held shotgun from first spawn. im not saying this gun should be deleted completely..but in the sense of keeping all three human,covenant, and promethean weapons equal I feel at its best it should only take out your shields or something. please for the love of god and all that is holy fix this and I understand you may have many who would hate a change like this because its their only source of kills...but it doesn't take any much skill at all what so ever to use it.....but other than that I love halo but I would like it if this were changed. :)

• Like 1

I log onto Live for the night, and am trying to get my Flood commendations completed.

I enter matchmaking and it drops me into a match 2/3 of the way done.

WTF?!

How can anyone win, or even get any medals at that point?

This gametype is seriously flawed and should NOT be in the commendations.

It spawns people with Assault rifles too.

Shout outs to 343.

Hi,

Tonight I just got banned for leaving games. There are three reasons I have a problem with this. First, I did NOT leave the last game I played before getting banned, I had lost the game. Second, there was no warning that I left too many games and would get banned if I left anymore like in Halo Reach. And lastly that people can join in the middle of games, so I do not understand why leaving games matters. People can leave games for different reasons and people that want to join a game can come right in and there is no problems. Why is there a penalty for leaving a game that someone can take your spot in?

Why should we be penalized for leaving a match, when you drop us in a game that is more than half over and there is no way we can win or do anything to get medals?

Newest shoutout to 343. The first round begins and I am heading to shoot enemies, when a Spartan in yellow with a DMR or BR starts shooting at me and I am out of SG range. Way to go guys!

How about his B.S XP ban? So i let my sister play as a guest for a little bit. She says bubby i'm going to go get a drink. She goes upstairs for about idk about thirty minutes. I go to play halo 4 the next day and i wasn't getting any XP. I quickly learned that my account had been banned. Like for real? I let my GUEST leave for like 30 minutes. MY GNIKCUF GUEST! NOT EVEN ME! XP DOESN'T EVEN COUNT TOWARDS GUESTS!! WTF! All i'm going to say is 343, you need to get better.

Anyone else have issues with out of country players as to matching up speedwise. Am in Midwest and it seems that I can pick out the players in matchmaking that survive tons more damage than they should....look up their profile and 98% of the time they are from Canada,Mexico, or overseas. I'm not talking a little noticeable, in swat they eat 4 headshots before it kills them. Then to make matters worse; if you quit to stay away from the garbage, you get banned for an hour......neat. Is there any way to only have North American matchmaking and or is this anything343 is working to resolve? Gets very frustrating and its stupid to have stats when its this bad.