Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

4 major points i gotta make.

1. so when is there going to be a fix for spawning in the middle of a firefight or in line of sight of a enemy player? it shouldn't happen, that's all there is to it. it happens to everybody. every player will agree it's bull****. you simply cant expect players to instantly know what is going on in their immediate area when they are spawned.

2. i know there are other players that have brought this up. but the kill cam is inaccurate. fix it or remove it. i'm sure you'll make a lot of halo players happy if it was removed.

3. why was the X from being killed removed? i dont see how we are supposed to help our allies when they're in trouble.

4. why was the arrows removed that show when our allies are firing or are getting hit? once again, it goes back to not seeing how we are supposed to help our allies when they are in trouble.

For the last several days I have been unable to connect in Spartan Ops Matchmaking. I can play war games just fine. I have tried resetting the modem, the router, connecting things differently to my xbox, changing the wires, etc. and nothing seems to be working. I am able to find players and then it goes to the loading the map screen then kicks me back to finding players (on the bottom of the screen it says that all the players left). Eventually (after about 10 times of this) it will kick me back to the Spartan Ops menu and on the bottom of the screen says that it could not connect to Xbox Live and I need to sign in, however I am online the entire time. I have played plenty of times with no issue except for the last several days. I am out of ideas on how to fix this issue, especially given I can play War Games just fine. Please help me out! Thanks so much!

Boltshot. It needs to be removed. It requires no skill, and i get killed by it all the time. If it wasn't classed as a secondary weapon id be okay with it. Any noob can spawn with it and get instant kills. Its range is also too long. it needs to be classed as a power weapon. What stupid employee decided there should be an overpowered shotgun as a bloody secondary weapon?

thrusters are too weak in multiplayer. they work in campaing but they hardly propel you in multiplayer. makes it harder for the user.

Um not sure if I'm the only who has this problem, but spawning while teamate is battling?

I respawn when my teamate is fighting, and he dies, then I die because there were too many enemies?

Or I'm fighting someone, their teamate respawns right next to them, so then it's a 2 on 1 and I die.

I guess I don't think you should be able to spawn near teamates in action?

My three biggest problems with Halo 4 mm are:

1- joining "in progress" games

I hate joining games like CTF at 4-0 and they have the flag half way back already, there is no point.

2- vehicles aren't even

The ghost is waaaay too strong and is a ***** to take out. I know how easy it is (plasma pistol then plasma grenade) but doing that at a ghost while the rest of their team fires at you is almost impossible. And the warthog and mongoose are almost useless. They are too easy to destroy and the gunners are practically ohk's

3- guns need to be more equal

The dmr is the strongest, followed by the BR, followed far behind by the AR. This is wrong, they should all be bore equal, not in bullet strength, but the dmr kills in four-five shots and takes 4-5 seconds whereas the AR takes a whole clip and takes like 8 seconds, the times should be more equal to allow players to use their preferred weapon with out being destroyed by other players.

My three biggest problems with Halo 4 mm are:

1- joining "in progress" games

I hate joining games like CTF at 4-0 and they have the flag half way back already, there is no point.

2- vehicles aren't even

The ghost is waaaay too strong and is a ***** to take out. I know how easy it is (plasma pistol then plasma grenade) but doing that at a ghost while the rest of their team fires at you is almost impossible. And the warthog and mongoose are almost useless. They are too easy to destroy and the gunners are practically ohk's

3- guns need to be more equal

The dmr is the strongest, followed by the BR, followed far behind by the AR. This is wrong, they should all be bore equal, not in bullet strength, but the dmr kills in four-five shots and takes 4-5 seconds whereas the AR takes a whole clip and takes like 8 seconds, the times should be more equal to allow players to use their preferred weapon with out being destroyed by other players.

.... I just wanted to let you know that, this is called being a noob... although the br should have its 4 shot and range. it's funny that the game is forward in time and the br is suddenly slower weaker and turned into a ******* buck shot lmfao.... w/e 34retatds.

As a 30 year old man who has played all of the Halo's. Halo 2 super fan, Halo 3 I liked but was busy being a new dad so didn't play much, I found Reach in Jan of 2011 and wow it felt like Halo 2 on steroids..I know many noobs and players who lack proper skill hated Reach but no matter what they say it's because they couldn't get good enough learning the reticule bloom. Which IMO is one of the best innovations in FPS ever.

I purchased Halo 4 yesterday. It has the parts to be a solid game but the final product in terms of matchmaking overall is so bad the only logic conclusion is the creators of Halo 4 built the game for 12 year old boys even though it's supposed to be for adults.

No Arena or MLG? No Super Slayer? No Team Snipers?

No ranking system? No Pro game types like MLG and Arena.

So what? I own noobs with the DMR for some KEWL XP BUDDY DUDE TO GET MY EMBLEMS AND STUFF CAUSE THATS WHY I PLAY HALO TO UNLOCK ARMOR AND EMBLEMS NOT FOR ADRENALINE RUSHING INTENSE NAIL BITING COMPETITION.

Oh and what the hell is with the Call of Halo loudouts? No weapons drop? GTFO!

Newsflash 343 Halo is supposed to be hard. It's appeal is the learning curve is huge vs kiddy games like COD if we want to own noobs and 8 year olds we could play one of like 8 COD titles...no we picked GODS GIFT TO GAMING HALO.

UNTIL NOW ALL OF THE PREVIOUS TITLES AT LEAST BROUGHT THE HEAT.

THIS GAME IS LIKE A MOVIE SERIES PUMPING OUT A BUNCH OF RATED R MOVIES AND THEN GOING PG, NOT EVEN PG-13. HELL MAYBE EVEN G.

AM I MAD? YES, I AM PISSED OFF. THIS WAS MY THING, MY EXCAPE, MY PRO SPORTS OF MY LIFE AND YOU RUINED IT FOR 12 YEARS OLD.

THANKS A LOT.

• Like 1

First off got it yesterday!!! and already here complaining lol..

Next yes 343 made some mad changes that have annoyed nay incencensed many, loadouts, instant respawn, ordinance drops, perks are in many peoples opinions robs from CoD. These are in it and in my opinion make it worse.

As for the game modes well team snipes is out on monday so you will have that then. They released the game unfinished, for example few game modes, many broken ones (snipes for example was there but was taken away to be fixed), ranking system not ready (been promising this from the start). And this left them with a problem they are spending all their time finishing the basic (planned for release stuff) that they have yet to get to adding more features. Recently they have added team doubles, griffball and on monday they add snipes and a mini action sack version.

So they are now adding things and hopefully will keep doing so, the new additions to the game are there and have killed off the old competitive/aggressive spirit. They designed it to make noobs happy but if they carry through on what they claim to be planning there will be game modes without these features.

As for reach well it was just rubbish, nothing to do with skill or practice it was an inferior game much along the lines of this. Having played no more than a few weeks at the start I can still go on reach and get positive so its not exactly hard, just poor.

Hiya

I am currently having a problem with anything online on Halo 4. At the moment it has continuously been saying that the "Halo 4 servers are not available at this time please try again later" this has been going on for several days.

I have been able to use the multiplier before and have had not problem until recently, I hope to get this sorted.

For the billionth time. 343 FIX the connection! You have a *** load of money so use it on something the players would appreciate. Put server towers in every country, dedicate servers, **** off with the host system you use at the moment it makes it unfair. I can barely just win when you Americans/Canadians get host and you can't even shoot straight but I'm a second behind because of lag. FIX IT for the love of ****.

Just some suggestions,

Pulse grenade- not very effective at all. Maybe raise the damage just a little.

Gravity hammer and sword( in Grifball ) - theres a weird thing that happens when a guy with a sword lunges at the same time a gravity hammer smakes down, the guy with the sword bounces off. And most of the time the guy with the gravity hammer kills a guy with the sword no problem. ( not because the player has no skill )

Lag- sometimes match made games can have a lot of lag and a lot of trouble picking a new host. You could get stuck in the migrating host screen for a long time.

Storm rifle- I don't feel many people use the storm rifle because it is not as effective as a DMR or Battle Rifle, still you occasionally see people using the Assault rifle. I think the storm rifle should get a little damage boost.

Thruster pack- in match making, the Thruster Pack pushes you barely forward. Maybe give the Thruster Pack a small boost or "push to it"

**let me know if you think some of things the same**

For the billionth time. 343 FIX the connection! You have a *** load of money so use it on something the players would appreciate. Put server towers in every country, dedicate servers, **** off with the host system you use at the moment it makes it unfair. I can barely just win when you Americans/Canadians get host and you can't even shoot straight but I'm a second behind because of lag. FIX IT for the love of ****.

Well being that i play in Ireland and my connection is run over boosted copper signal and I can play just fine in 98% of games even with american hosts I dare say you are exagerating just a little on this one, though if you are having connection issues I am sorry to hear it. Pick a time to play when most of the states are offline then you have a better chance of getting a more localised host.

Hiya

I am currently having a problem with anything online on Halo 4. At the moment it has continuously been saying that the "Halo 4 servers are not available at this time please try again later" this has been going on for several days.

I have been able to use the multiplier before and have had not problem until recently, I hope to get this sorted.

I have not heard of this happening for anyone else and my connection to the servers has been fine, this is not an official 343 forum just a fan run one (yes the name is confusing) so I would say head to the halo waypoint forum and someone with more expertise may be able to help you from there.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.

Just some suggestions,

Pulse grenade- not very effective at all. Maybe raise the damage just a little.

Gravity hammer and sword( in Grifball ) - theres a weird thing that happens when a guy with a sword lunges at the same time a gravity hammer smakes down, the guy with the sword bounces off. And most of the time the guy with the gravity hammer kills a guy with the sword no problem. ( not because the player has no skill )

Lag- sometimes match made games can have a lot of lag and a lot of trouble picking a new host. You could get stuck in the migrating host screen for a long time.

Storm rifle- I don't feel many people use the storm rifle because it is not as effective as a DMR or Battle Rifle, still you occasionally see people using the Assault rifle. I think the storm rifle should get a little damage boost.

Thruster pack- in match making, the Thruster Pack pushes you barely forward. Maybe give the Thruster Pack a small boost or "push to it"

**let me know if you think some of things the same**

Discussions on things like this are best done by opening a thread for them and you will get people to reply to them. All the above have been brought up but feel free to open a thread for these particular things. Not many people visit this topic as it is an old stickied one and more for actual connection and game issues than for recommendations.

Well being that i play in Ireland and my connection is run over boosted copper signal and I can play just fine in 98% of games even with american hosts I dare say you are exagerating just a little on this one, though if you are having connection issues I am sorry to hear it. Pick a time to play when most of the states are offline then you have a better chance of getting a more localised host.

I have not heard of this happening for anyone else and my connection to the servers has been fine, this is not an official 343 forum just a fan run one (yes the name is confusing) so I would say head to the halo waypoint forum and someone with more expertise may be able to help you from there.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.

Discussions on things like this are best done by opening a thread for them and you will get people to reply to them. All the above have been brought up but feel free to open a thread for these particular things. Not many people visit this topic as it is an old stickied one and more for actual connection and game issues than for recommendations.