Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

Most of my issues have been addressed by prior members like the lag. Even on Reach it was bad but now its worse it seems but the worst part of lag is that the users that are lagging seem to use it to benefit them self's in matches. How is this? Next is the lack of options to choose good connections, skill, language like Reach had. I do miss BTB Heavies in Reach but with Halo 4 being so new im waiting to past too harsh of judgement. Last I am the type of player that likes my sticky aka plasma grenades. I up hold the unwritten rules of engagement of if im going down and your close enough to me your going too lol. I am not savvy enough to know how to cheat but I am smart enough to know if another gamer seems to be winning several rounds due to amazing "luck". Also who else is tired of betrayals and not being able to boot them?

Thanks for a spot to vent. :)

My main problems (that aren't a glitch/mod/bug) are the spartains are forced to be green in flood. The flood can't sprint (most annoying thing, that needs to be fixed). The join mid game feature (at least make it able to be chosen wheather you wanted to join or not, make it an option in the menu). No flying UNSC vehicle in Multiplayer/Forge (at least make something possibly a smaller version of the pelican that is a transport vehicle with some sort of gun to protect itself).

• Like 1

I was one of the lucky people who got the maps for free, was told by xbox support that they wouldn't be taken away because it's on them for screwing up. However when I went into Crimson playlist it said i didn't have the required content. When I went to redownload them, they tried charging 800 MSP.

• Like 1

Ive been having liscense issues with the Crimson DLC since its release. It only works for one gamertag and not everyone on the console....I have a family gold account. The console liscense isnt working. Never had any probs with all other DLC, only the new Crimson.

Ive posted this everywhere (Waypoint, Microsoft and other forums ) and yet to even get acknowledged from anyone with 343 OR Microsoft.

Also I have the LE Halo4 . Ive deleted and redownloaded still not working

My biggest problem with H4 is the lack of playlists. I miss all the CTF variants, team snipers, lone wolves (regicide is just dumb), king of the hill, action sack, team doubles, etc etc...

You should also utilize more of your maps in the playlists. Swat is complex, adrift, and abandon, and rare but sometimes solace. I have never even seen ravine in any playlists. Too embarrassed to use your own bad maps? Also the maps could be a lot better. In halo 3 whenever guardian showed up i got excited and competitive. Now my mind set in halo 4 is not "oh boy i hope i get -map name-!" it's more "i hope i don't get -map names-"

Also a H3 style ranking system would be nice. Halo 3's was very faulty but they had the right idea. they tried what no one else wanted to try and ranked people by actual skill, not experience points that any crummy player can earn. Perhaps your rank can be determined by points per game and k/d. I can speak for a lot of people when i say, people with good k/d's can have really crap w/l ratios simply because they get put on teams with crummy players. Before 50's where being boosted and sold, they were intimidating and hard to earn. I think a perfected, halo 3 style ranking system would greatly improve the game

In Halo 3 i would only stop playing because i felt i'd been playing too long, infact it's like that for most of my games. In Halo 4, it's the first game where i stop playing for the day because i'm honestly bored or too frustrated to keep playing.

• Like 1

i have encountered what i call the sr1 glitch, my guy is displayed at lvl 1 and when in any matchmaking game or spartan ops i can only use two loadouts that i didnt create. although when i look at my customization screen my armor, lvl, and load outs are correct

i dont even want to play right now because i feel like im playing for nothing. no exp or commendations

• Like 1

Here goes :-

- I think the weapon balance is mostly fine.

- The 3 map choice at the beginning of each round is rediculous - all maps should be available to vote on.

- bring classic maps

- As much as I love exile and ragnarok, I am getting tired of them.

- We need a spectator mode and match making based on real skill.

- Also, I would like an icon indicating the location of my last death so I can try to go get a revenge kill.

- the plasma pistol is too weak, please bring back the homing plasma shot. Magnam could do with a slight increase in damage as well. DMR is the ****!

- Active camo should also not be visible on radar

- please include a UNSC air support vehicle eg. the Hornet

- more playlists

- specializations are too much of a grind!

Also having the SR1 glitch. It has been 5 days now and still nothing. Still unable to earn a reasonable amount of xp. Still can't earn commendations or challenges. I seriously feel that 343 needs to award those of us who are being frustrated by this experience points to make up for the ones that we should be earning right now.

An issue i experienced was the medals given to me in game. Specifically; i got 25 kills and no deaths at all and at the end of the match i did not receive the perfection medal nor untouchable for my kill streak, i did get rampage however. After the match i checked my commendations and nothing had changed.

Another issue is dying so fast in gametypes such as Dominion and BTB from across the map by DMR's. Its pretty frusterating, especially when the Carbine, and BR cant put up a fight with it.

At the moment I'm missing two specializations Stalker and Pathfinder I noticed this once I started playing Halo 4 again which was about a week ago, I'm not sure what else I can discuss about it but I wonder if there is anyone else with the same issue.

I had this issue, what i did was:

1. Dashboard

2. Went to Account on the farthest right tab

3. Clicked on download history

4. navigated until i found "Armor specialization priority alpha" (something like that)

5. Re downloaded it and went back to halo and the problem was fixed.

Hope this works out for you

Well... I was about to go into a game, it kicked me out to the title screen. I logged back in and it said I didn't have the multiplayer and I should download it from the Halo 4 Disc 2. So I popped that sucker in and it says "You already have this downloaded." and whatnot. So I put in Disc 1 and it says the same thing. I restarted my xbox, but no luck. I don't know what to do....

Hello,

My name is Bill, and recently my Halo 4 online matchmaking rank has been playing up, and causing difficulties during gameplay.

Just the other day I was playing fine until I was booted off the Xbox Live network and forced to test my connection on the Xbox dashboard. Once I had done this I was notified about my NAT type being unstable, and how I had to open the port on my router.

Once I had completed this, and re-run the connection test; there was no notification afterwards displaying any issues about my NAT type - so I logged back into the Xbox live network and booted my game normally.

Once the game had loaded, my rank was displayed as Spartan IV - SR1 in the side menu (by pressing X on my controller). I ran a search for multiplayer matchmaking, still my rank being displayed as SR1 on my player card in the searching menu. When physically selecting my player card via the lobby to check player stats, I was now being displayed as an SR-32 and requiring 63,000 XP to level up to 34 (Which was needed to complete my level beforehand as 79-80).

I then pressed the start button located next to the Main on/off switch on my controller to view my load outs/armoury ect, and in the top right hand corner; I was yet again my original level 79. After I had seen this - I thought everything ok. So I backed out of that menu still to see myself as SR1, and SR32 when selecting my player card.

Whilst this has been like this, I currently have all recruit armour equipped; no service tag; I am unable to complete any challenges nor earn XP, as well as nothing going towards my service record.

The Games I have been playing are significantly laggy with my account, with delayed headshots - sometimes none at all in game modes such as SWAT.

I know for a fact that my network settings/provider is completely fine with no issues as ALL other accounts stored on my console work perfectly with no lag, and everything stated above completely working. I have tried re downloading my account; clearing my cache; everything along those lines.

I am unsure of what issue this might be - whether the Halo 4 servers are being absolutely destroyed at the current time, or something else along those lines. But I am here contacting you now because I’m really worried about this issue not resolving itself.

This issue has been for at least 1 week - and I would really appreciate if you/your team could do something about this.

My Xbox Live gamer tag is known as M4GIC M4N 117. Being that I have purchased the limited edition copy of this game - and paying yearly for my Xbox live subscription; I would really appreciate you looking into this for me and resolving this as quick as possible

Thank you for your time and effort in advance

Regards, Bill/M4GIC M4N 117

Hello,

My name is Bill, and recently my Halo 4 online matchmaking rank has been playing up, and causing difficulties during gameplay.

Just the other day I was playing fine until I was booted off the Xbox Live network and forced to test my connection on the Xbox dashboard. Once I had done this I was notified about my NAT type being unstable, and how I had to open the port on my router.

Once I had completed this, and re-run the connection test; there was no notification afterwards displaying any issues about my NAT type - so I logged back into the Xbox live network and booted my game normally.

Once the game had loaded, my rank was displayed as Spartan IV - SR1 in the side menu (by pressing X on my controller). I ran a search for multiplayer matchmaking, still my rank being displayed as SR1 on my player card in the searching menu. When physically selecting my player card via the lobby to check player stats, I was now being displayed as an SR-32 and requiring 63,000 XP to level up to 34 (Which was needed to complete my level beforehand as 79-80).

I then pressed the start button located next to the Main on/off switch on my controller to view my load outs/armoury ect, and in the top right hand corner; I was yet again my original level 79. After I had seen this - I thought everything ok. So I backed out of that menu still to see myself as SR1, and SR32 when selecting my player card.

Whilst this has been like this, I currently have all recruit armour equipped; no service tag; I am unable to complete any challenges nor earn XP, as well as nothing going towards my service record.

The Games I have been playing are significantly laggy with my account, with delayed headshots - sometimes none at all in game modes such as SWAT.

I know for a fact that my network settings/provider is completely fine with no issues as ALL other accounts stored on my console work perfectly with no lag, and everything stated above completely working. I have tried re downloading my account; clearing my cache; everything along those lines.

I am unsure of what issue this might be - whether the Halo 4 servers are being absolutely destroyed at the current time, or something else along those lines. But I am here contacting you now because I’m really worried about this issue not resolving itself.

This issue has been for at least 1 week - and I would really appreciate if you/your team could do something about this.

My Xbox Live gamer tag is known as M4GIC M4N 117. Being that I have purchased the limited edition copy of this game - and paying yearly for my Xbox live subscription; I would really appreciate you looking into this for me and resolving this as quick as possible

Thank you for your time and effort in advance

Regards, Bill/M4GIC M4N 117

Just a question, do you realize no member here, or mod, or admin is a 343 or Microsoft employee. Not trying to be rude or make you feel stupid, I didn't at first either.

50/25 Fios connection with QOS and traffic shaping policies giving xbox the most bandwidth and #1 priority.

All other devices are limited to 25/5, leaving the xbox with 25/20mbps and still #1 priority over other devices and applications.

Why in the hell do I lag like crazy? It just doesn't make any sense. I'm ready to stop playing the game because every game constantly lags, no matter if I am the only one using the internet or not.

My NAT is open, UPNP is on, there are absolutely no problems with my internet connection.

Is this NOT a major problem? No matter whose friend's house I play at, and whether anyone is using the internet or not, nearly every game lags.

So done with Halo 4 if this isn't fixed this week, it wasn't nearly as bad after I got my pre-order and it has been terrible recently, every. single. game.

Ok, apparently this isn't the official forum. smh

Glitch with oddball hot potato:

I'm trying to set up a gametype where you don't score for ball carry time, but rather with ball melee kills. I set it up with a ten second hot potato timer, the idea being you have ten seconds to make your kill before you explode. First to twenty five ball kills wins.

But when I'm in game and I melee with the ball, no score gets credited to me. I've tried setting it up with different numbers for points, one, ten, and so on, but nothing gets added up in game.

Is there another setting I'm missing?

It seems to be an issue for all oddball games I make. If I disable ball carry points and try to set it up so the only points you get are for ball kills, no points get added up in game, no matter how many ball melee kills I do.

Hi,

Tonight I just got banned for leaving games. There are three reasons I have a problem with this. First, I did NOT leave the last game I played before getting banned, I had lost the game. Second, there was no warning that I left too many games and would get banned if I left anymore like in Halo Reach. And lastly that people can join in the middle of games, so I do not understand why leaving games matters. People can leave games for different reasons and people that want to join a game can come right in and there is no problems. Why is there a penalty for leaving a game that someone can take your spot in?

• Like 1

Please stop making us play Shatter and Wreckage every Big Team Slayer match! I love Halo 4, but please allow us to play what are obviously the favorites....Exile and Ragnarok. I've got to figure 343 is pumping the upgrade maps to sell, but that will make me reconsider downloading new maps that I may be forced into playing next time. Thanks for a great game though!

I'm not sure if this complaint should be in this thread exactly, but here goes.

So I purchased Halo 4 (normal edition) and in a few weeks completed the two specializations I had unlocked (wetwork and operator), reaching level 70. Now...I am stuck at level 70. I cannot get more EXP until I choose another specialization, but I don't have the option because they are not listed. I don't have a code, either. I can't even return to the Spartan specialization. Needless to say I am more than a bit disheartened. Are there any ways for me to continue leveling up?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.