No invasion in Halo 4?

Zuko 'Zarhamee

I've seen a lot of threads complaining about the fact that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 matchmaking. While I disagree with the decision to remove Elites from matchmaking, that's not what I'm really worried about right now. What does the lack of Elites mean for the invasion gametype? Does this mean that there will be no invasion in Halo 4?

They could just do spartan vs spartan invasion.

yeah seeing that they have a reason why the spartan fight each other, they could actually still have it even if they didnt put a reason behind why the spartans fight each other, because just look at the other game types like slayer etc in all the halo games, spartans have always fought each other, i cant see why they would get rid of invasion.

I'm actually disappointed by this - part of the fun of Invasion was that both sides, in addition to different character models, had differing traits as well as weapon sets. If they're both Spartans then both of those are lost.

Elites as they existed didn't really add anything to the gameplay in Halo 2 and Halo 3, but they completely changed the feel of combat in Reach. I do hope they're replaced with something new, Invasion would lose a good part of its appeal if it was reduced to just Spartans vs Spartans.

• Like 3

Or possibly even Spartan Vs. Forerunner, which seems less likely though.

Good idea. Spartan vs the new enemy (which is probably the Forerunners).

And good point. I didn't even think about Invasion without Elites. I hope we still have Invasion. Invasion literally is in the top 5 most played playlist every time I get on! Spartan vs Spartan doesn't seem as cool though :/ it'll be dull and not unique. At least in Spartan vs Elite the Elites had different weapons, vehicles, abilities, etc. It was a feeling of going against something different and not knowing what would happen as you would if you were going against something you are.

Unfortunately, no, there will be no Spartan Vs Elite invasion in halo 4. We have yet to see them come up with a substitute, such as Spartan Vs forerunner or Spartan Vs brutes (unlikely), or possible Spartan vs spartan. Unfortunately, Spartan Vs Spartan seems, as of now, what it will likely be, if anything. We will have to continue to wait for more info on that topic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To be honest spartan v spartan invasion sounds pretty pish? The whole point of invasion is that it's Spartans v elites.. Invasion was the only gametype I played in reach because it had a certain amount of realism and I would be disappointed if invasion was not added to halo 4!

When in halo have you heard of spartans vs Spartans? It's not realistic.. At least Spartans vs elites it was different, challenging and more fun because of the realism aspect?

Every multiplayer match ever. Realism should never be a tradoff for fun.

Could you please link to that interview if you still know where it is please.

:)

You didn't understand what I meant... In halo as in the game not the multiplayer but the campaign? Spartans don't fight Spartans they fight the covenant and that makes the game a unique, I find spartan v spartan playlists boring and repititive! With spartan v elites you have a lot more weapons, different vehicles, different abilities and this makes the game awesome.

• 3 months later...

To be honest spartan v spartan invasion sounds pretty pish? The whole point of invasion is that it's Spartans v elites.. Invasion was the only gametype I played in reach because it had a certain amount of realism and I would be disappointed if invasion was not added to halo 4!

Halo's multiplayer was never about realism until now.

You didn't understand what I meant... In halo as in the game not the multiplayer but the campaign? Spartans don't fight Spartans they fight the covenant and that makes the game a unique, I find spartan v spartan playlists boring and repititive! With spartan v elites you have a lot more weapons, different vehicles, different abilities and this makes the game awesome.

In Spartan v Spartan playlists there are both UNSC and Covenant weapons, vehicles, and abilities. Multiplayer in the past games were not supposed to be realistic or based on the story.

I'm actually disappointed by this - part of the fun of Invasion was that both sides, in addition to different character models, had differing traits as well as weapon sets. If they're both Spartans then both of those are lost.

Elites as they existed didn't really add anything to the gameplay in Halo 2 and Halo 3, but they completely changed the feel of combat in Reach. I do hope they're replaced with something new, Invasion would lose a good part of its appeal if it was reduced to just Spartans vs Spartans.

It would be cool if they had invasion but with a larger player cap and four different teams: Human/Covenant/Promethean/Flood. Which teams are playable could be map specific. Human Team would have Spartans be playable and they would have ODSTs and Marines as allies. Covenant Team would have Elites and Brutes be playable and they would have Grunts, Jackals, and maybe Hunters as allies. Promethean Team would have Knights be playable and they would have Watchers and Crawlers and Knight Battlewagons, Lancers, and Comanders as allies. Flood Team would have Spartan, Elite, and Brute Combat Forms be playable and would have infection, carrier, and pure forms to serve as allies. They should at least have this in Halo 5 or 6.

• 4 weeks later...