Why do people not care about elites?

x Alduin x

Okay so it has been rumoured that the elites will not be playable in multiplayer and many elite clans have been upset about this because they have a huge interest in them, to be honest i do to because when i saw the arbiter it made me like elites so much just the same as when everyone saw master chief they liked him as the main character and as a spartan, so why are most people saying i don't care if elites are not in halo 4? that's a little bit careless if you ask me, i remember the times the community shared with all players not judging someone for being an elite just how it should be, i just want to know what's happened to those days.. here's an idea for 343 a new melee weapon maybe to put the energy stave in halo 4 aka the honour guards staff from halo 2 would be awesome, when you pick it up you go into 3rd person and can charge with it and swing it in a variety of ways. just an idea

Okay, let's break down your post, shall we? There were two points in it.

1. Why do people not care about elites?

2. A new melee weapon (the energy staff)

So first, it's not that people don't care about elites, but more along the lines of they aren't really needed. I for one like the idea of options in a game, but the elites, to me, weren't ever something that I just had to play. When Halo 2 came out, my first character was an elite, and shortly after that I switched back over to a spartan skin. It was an interesting idea, but it plays just like a spartan, and personally the spartan skins look a lot better.

I am fully down for more melee weapons, but we already have the energy sword and the gravity hammer. I don't believe they are going to add another one in, but I could be mistaken on that.

We have been able to play as elites in matchmaking previously due to their role in the campaign. In Halo 3 they were allies and we could play as either of them cooperitivly in multiplayer matches. Then in Halo Reach we were able to play against them in Invasion matchups and elite slayer. Since it would be unreasonable to have the elites play with the spartans due to advantages and disadvantages that they have.

Since in Halo 4 Elites and the Covenant are not the main enemy then I suspect that we should't play as them due to the fact that they don't have as much relations with the Cheif and UNSC. I will miss playing as them but I think I will get over it eventually. Also I hope they keep the idea that they are much much larger then chief but not as much in reach because I do believe John-117 is taller than anybody on noble team besides Jorge.

Also the place where matchmaking takes place is on a ship called the UNSC Infinity. It is supposably a spartan training facility which is able to mimic different enviroments in somewhat of a simulation. I can not wait to see what 343i does with the forge mode and what they add to make Halo 4 customs and creations even more amazing than reach.

• Like 4

We have been able to play as elites in matchmaking previously due to their role in the campaign. In Halo 3 they were allies and we could play as either of them cooperitivly in multiplayer matches. Then in Halo Reach we were able to play against them in Invasion matchups and elite slayer. Since it would be unreasonable to have the elites play with the spartans due to advantages and disadvantages that they have.

Since in Halo 4 Elites and the Covenant are not the main enemy then I suspect that we should't play as them due to the fact that they don't have as much relations with the Cheif and UNSC. I will miss playing as them but I think I will get over it eventually. Also I hope they keep the idea that they are much much larger then chief but not as much in reach because I do believe John-117 is taller than anybody on noble team besides Jorge.

Also the place where matchmaking takes place is on a ship called the UNSC Infinity. It is supposably a spartan training facility which is able to mimic different enviroments in somewhat of a simulation. I can not wait to see what 343i does with the forge mode and what they add to make Halo 4 customs and creations even more amazing than reach.

agreed, but what if during the vogages and missions in spartan ops they run into allied elites from the arbiter (they did say there was an elite ops)

agreed, but what if during the vogages and missions in spartan ops they run into allied elites from the arbiter (they did say there was an elite ops)

yeah Frank hinted at an Elite ops and thatthe Arbiter would be in the Spec ops missions. and elites are just a character model it doesnt matter that there out it doesnt change anything at all except to fit the story better.

is the gravity hammer confirmed ?

i want a human melee weapon (like the heroic and legendary sword(the difficulty emblems))

and i do care about the elites but i can't s how they fit in halo 4 so much

Of course, the Gravity Hammer will most likely come back. 343i will never forget about Grifball, and the RoosterTeeth people got to play Halo 4, 6 months before release. I am sure they would be upset about no Grifball, unless whats-his-face's hammer takes place of Gravity Hammer (I forgot his name, but its the Brute leader's Hammer at the end of Halo 2).

As for the Elite thing, I am saddened about this. I love Elites, But I am not sad about them not being in Infinite Play (Matchmaking's new multiplayer, if I am correct). I am sad that there has been no conformation of there being Elites on your side in Campaign. All of the pictures make me believe they are Covenant. If they can't be played in Infinite play, at least let Arbiter be on John's side.

PS: Gravity Hammer is not human. It is a Covenant weapon.

That's the thing though, you say that they aren't needed, perhaps not to you but others. What? You think we shall simply pick up and change to a Human, blasphemy, that's the worst idea I have ever heard of.

You may not need them, but the hundreds; thousands of warriors that now bare the name Sangheili, will be saddened when they do not have that extra option any longer, they will return to Halo 3 and Reach. I for one, will complete the Campaign and then return to Sangheili playable games, my opinion.

~ Paarthurnax ~