Why do people not care about elites?

x Alduin x

Okay, let's break down your post, shall we? There were two points in it.

1. Why do people not care about elites?

2. A new melee weapon (the energy staff)

So first, it's not that people don't care about elites, but more along the lines of they aren't really needed. I for one like the idea of options in a game, but the elites, to me, weren't ever something that I just had to play. When Halo 2 came out, my first character was an elite, and shortly after that I switched back over to a spartan skin. It was an interesting idea, but it plays just like a spartan, and personally the spartan skins look a lot better.

I am fully down for more melee weapons, but we already have the energy sword and the gravity hammer. I don't believe they are going to add another one in, but I could be mistaken on that.

Some people like to play as elites just so they can look cooler and I honestly love the look of elites.

I don't understand the reasoning that story-wise, there cannot be Elites in multi-player. I mean, what the heck? I have never heard before that multilayer has story. How can it? You run with bunch of people you have never met shooting at each other with instant respawn. How does that fit story at all? Not mentioning the stupid names players will have. I find it more reasonable to see Elite on the battlefield than some Spartan jerk named I110WNYOMAMA.

And I am concerned for elites not being in the multi-player since there is even smaller chance for them to be in campaign (playable). If what you say is true and the elites and humans really hate each other despite everything I know, that I am just disappointed and really sad.

I said it. I will not play this game unless I can play as an elite. That is my choice and I know, I am fully aware, that my reasoning is poor for you (whoever is this applying to). I can understand you. But you are not me so you cannot understand how I feel about it... I mean, why would you care, its not like I am hurting your feelings by it. And its not like you would achieve anything by changing my personality. There is just enough first person shooters or other games for that matter... why would I panic by not being able to play the way I was so looked forward to. I will just play some other game I still enjoy, not a big deal. Hey, do you know that one of my friends refused to play Halo with me because he didn't like the sound the guns make? He gave me quite a long explanation how those guns should sound like and how it is annoying that they do not. So I think that my reasons are quite sane.

And for that guy who counterargued my thought that Spartan program is immoral by the fact how elite society works: I knew that and that why I like elites much, much better - mainly because of this. They at least have rules. Rules that are reasonable for them and they all accept them. Humans live in disinformation from propaganda and that is for ME much worse. If you watch the current situation in the World, you can say how are people disgusted by those practices. But I will rather not discuss that. I don't think that this belongs to this discussion.

Yeah, and that doubting the humanity power... what power? Humans were merely lucky to survive. The reason they were not butchered the instant Covenant started war with them was because Covenant didn't know where their planets were (and also their main focus was not to kill all humans, they needed to lose some time finding artifacts). Am I wrong? Well, if I am then sorry, I haven't got my hand on any book but I have read anything I could find on the Internet... from Halo wiki mostly.

More powerful allies somewhere else? Well, if humans want to find new allies to fight elites, than they can serve themselves. It will be not my problem anymore.

Maybe it is too soon to tell whether are elites playable or not. But I believe that purpose of this forum is somehow influence that. It is a place where they can make further decisions depending on the feedback. Unless this forum is just for us to loose time and start flame, and I am not a big fan of that. Well, it sure is starting to look like that.

PS... Maybe they want to make elites playable in the next two games in the trilogy. That might be interesting. That could make me watch Halo a bit longer.

you certainly have that opinion to think so i just hope that you will at least keep you mind open and positive for the game, because its sad to see someone leave a game because of a specific charactar class. who knows mabye you finds something else you also like in the halo universe for it it numerous

Their focus was to exterminate Humanity. The covies are in campaign, but they are the "least of your problems." The reason you cannot play as elites is because Multiplayer takes place aboard the UNSC Infinity. It simulates arenas for the Spartans to fight in. Simulating elites isn't probably what they intended since the Human-Covenant war ended in Halo 3. Sorry, but logically, this DOES make sense. And to not play the game because you can't play as an elite...that is just stupid. Prime example of a non-Halo fan.

your statement make sense until you say that their stupid for not being you and seeing what you see. all you are accomplishing is being not a fan to halo by driving fans away from the industry so that would make you not a true halo fan by your definition

And on the statement of the end of the human covenant war, it is more seen as a stalemant. in glasslands the whole time (which the infinity comes from where multiplayer takes place) the whole purpose of the character in that book are to find away to completely eleminate the threat and if not then stall them enough so the humans can prepare to obliterate the sangheili when they start to recover which would need some good training in human to sangheili combat and the AI of the ship could control the sangheili duplicate in the practice deck.

This doesnt mean yoru startement isnt right, it means that it isnt the reason there are no elites but i wont go into that now because ive got to go

your statement make sense until you say that their stupid for not being you and seeing what you see. all you are accomplishing is being not a fan to halo by driving fans away from the industry so that would make you not a true halo fan by your definition

And on the statement of the end of the human covenant war, it is more seen as a stalemant. in glasslands the whole time (which the infinity comes from where multiplayer takes place) the whole purpose of the character in that book are to find away to completely eleminate the threat and if not then stall them enough so the humans can prepare to obliterate the sangheili when they start to recover which would need some good training in human to sangheili combat and the AI of the ship could control the sangheili duplicate in the practice deck.

This doesnt mean yoru startement isnt right, it means that it isnt the reason there are no elites but i wont go into that now because ive got to go

I never said that. Please don't manipulate my post. I said that to not play the game because you can't play as an elite isn't smart. A huge loss because they think elites are vital.

• 5 months later...