Should Armor in Halo 4 Have an Affect on Gameplay?

Baby Boo

• 4 months later...

I don't know if anyone said this yet but maybe if armor did affect gameplay there could have a seperate game type where armor doesn't have any effect so new players could level up and get new armor or if you just don't like the armor abilities you could just play that gametype all the time. It's not a perfect idea but i just made an account on here to post this.

I do not think Armor should affect gameplay too such a large degree. However, if the player has an armor piece like the wrist attachment from Reach with the shotgun shells, I could see if you have that, you have 6 extra rounds. But seeing as there is a new extra ammo perk I do not think this will be the case.

i didn't say i wanted armor to have an effect on gameplay and honestly i don't know if i do but i think if it does then 343 could make a seperate gametype for a solution for some of the bad things that could come out of making armor have an effect on gameplay. there could be like two sections that you could play in multiplayer, normal and pure. they would have all the same gametypes like slayer and ctf but in pure all armor is equal.

If armor affected hitboxes, eventually everyone would only be wearing the smallest armor, limiting individuality.

Otherwise, armor pieces providing additional effects on gameplay do not fit in with Halo 4, as you can already select armor abilities as well as armor specialties.

• 4 months later...

I don't think armor permutations should have any mechanical effect on gameplay (I specified mechanical because a dude with a unicorn horn is easier to spot, he doesn't have bigger hit boxes, just sticks out like a sore.... unicorn horn).

However more and more I think there's an audience for a Halo RPG. The first Mass Effect almost fit the bill. THAT type of game would be where I could tolerate small bonuses in different directions for different armor permutations.