Things Anyone would like to see as a future update in Halo: Anniversary

DJWonline

What I would like to see as a future update for Halo Anniversary, Campaign: updated boundries to match the terrain for the new version (shares the old versions boundries, i cant even shoot through the spaces in the branches on the new one), Campaign: is it possible for you guys to add an update that allows dead bodies to be rag dolls like in the multiplayer or in halo reach campaign, and when the banshees blow up, the parts seperate. Thats all everything else is astounding

does anyone else have problems with playing classic mulitplayer on their CE discs? I think having all the old maps playable with the original engine would be cool (it would be cool if remakes were included for every one but that's kind of asking a lot). Oh and the option to vehicles on any map (anybody else ever drooled over the thought of mongooses or ghosts on the original hang 'em high?) http://www.343indust...0-hang-em-high/

Edited by highplainsdrifter

Seems there is quite a bit of confusion on how things work in CEA. I'll explain if I can...

Q: updated boundaries to match the terrain for the new version (shares the old versions boundaries, i cant even shoot through the spaces in the branches on the new one)

A: Not gonna happen. In order to make the collision model of the terrain match the new mesh, they would have to take out the "mode changing", otherwise players reverting to old look would end up being out of the level.

A2: If they changed it in new mode, they would also have to move death barriers, player walls, and fix the freezing issues when entering a certain territory on the map. Like the one on A30, where you use a hog to reach the top. When the beam fires out of the structure, it renders your character unmovable.

A3: Changing these things alone, would require to re-write the compatibility API's created so that the version of Reach Blam! engine in CEA could communicate with standard Blam! engine version.

Q: They need to return to the old engine when it comes to rendering things so the entire level and your HUD don't derender when you leave the level boundaries...

A: The CE engine is running on both "new graphics" and "standard" mode. The LOD and HUD issues are not becuase of the Reach version of Blam!, it is due to many variables primarily dealing with the hardware environment and memory allocation issues. Remember, the Reach Blam! engine is calling into play, code that was used 10 years ago to run on 10 year old hardware. Reach's Blam! also must compensate for this, and run code of it's own to quell any exception errors with mismatched hardware and available resources.

Q: They need to fix some of the frame rate issues in an update

A: I personally have not seen anything in terms of FPS that is an issue. You would need to better explain what particular issue you see in frame rate, and when it is occurring.

Q: They really need to fix the lag issue for co-op because it's really really bad.

A: Don't expect it to happen. Remember, the original Halo had no networking model to base it's netcode off of. Because of this, Reach's Blam engine has to somewhat try manage the original code communicating with Live in a way that isn't very pleasant. What I mean is.....it could be much worse than it is now...

Q: I think having all the old maps playable with the original engine would be cool (it would be cool if remakes were included for every one but that's kind of asking a lot)

A: Although it would be nice to be able to play on the original engine, it just wont happen ever. It would take a lot more networking work and compatibility work to get the originals working for multiplayer. 343i had explained this numerous times, that it would require around 2 years of solid network re-writing just to do the multiplayer aspect. As for the maps being redone as a whole, I disagree with the selection they chose. Each map that was redone, was chosen because each was supposedly the best as handling the current gamplay, aka AA's, weapons, player physics etc... After playing thru them, I think the selection they made was completely wrong. In fact, I found that using AA's on the maps became very annoying and posed to much of a threat to re-spawners. On a map like Damnation in particular...it was always dangerous to take the low ground and jump accross the platforms so you wouldnt fall. It made it very difficult when firing back too. Now, with the solid platform, and AA's in effect, this negates the point of even having a lower area like that. It takes a lot away from the strategy of things. other maps like Infinity would have been better suited for a remake.

the things i want might be impossible but here they are anyway.....

an optional skull that makes human vehicles blow up when you die inside of them...the name of the skull would be KERBLAM!

an optional skull that makes wraithes drivable if you manage to snipe the driver before he gets inside. the name of the skull could be "snipejacked"

an optional skull that replaces the ar and magnum gun models with the cooler looking ones from reach. the name of the skull would be somthing like "raiding misriah armory".

an optional skull that enables duel wield. ever wanted to see what halo ce would had been like with duel wielding?

an optional skull that replaces random AR's with SMG's. this would add more to halo ce's puny selection of weapons. the name of the skull would be "bullet hose".

a optional skull that replaces random jackals with skrimishers. the skrimishers would still have sheilds and would be the same as a normal jackal...they would just be a different skin...

an optional skull that replaces random magnums with br's and or dmr's. the name of the skull would be precision spartan.

an optional skull that replaces random plasma rifles with plasma repeaters.

a skull that adds banshee tricks and or boostage to ghosts...

the weapon skulls would not modify damage...simply change the weapon skin on certain simular weapons...i think halo ce was perfect in every singe way. its only flaw was not enough vehicles and weapons.

a few more:

a skull that replaces the HUD with the reach HUD...the name of the skull would be "firmware update"

a skull that adds nightvision and zoom like in reach or odst...the name would be "his optics are fine"

a skull that makes your sheilds less effective based on the amount of stress that is put onto them...the same of the skull would be "don't even get me started on the power supply"

a skull that replaces random enemy wraith tanks with revenants. the revs would have the same damage, health, and movement as a wraith...

a new skull that adds sprint, some reach weapons like the spartan lazer, adds vehicle boarding and assassinations..the name of the skull would be somthing like "special ops".

i would pay 800 microsoft points for even one or two of the skulls i just came up with lol

it would be cool if the game looked like this.

Nj1pl.png

Thanks for the answers गुरु Technology Guru गुरु that's explains a LOT. I agree with you about the multiplayer selection save for hang 'em high, still somehow I feel like they got the level wrong in a way (not ranting about vehicles again though)

the things i want might be impossible but here they are anyway.....

a new skull that adds sprint, some reach weapons like the spartan lazer, adds vehicle boarding and assassinations..the name of the skull would be somthing like special ops.

an optional skull that replaces the ar and magnum gun models with the cooler looking ones from reach. the name of the skull would be somthing like raiding the armory.

an optional skull that enables duel wield. ever wanted to see what halo ce would had been like with duel wielding?

an optional skull that replaces random AR's with SMG's. this would add more to halo ce's puny selection of weapons. the name of the skull would be bullet hose.

an optional skull that replaces random magnums with br's and or dmr's. the name of the skull would be precision spartan.

i would pay 800 microsoft points for even one or two of the skulls i just came up with lol

So you just want all new halo stuff added to halo cea? I would not pay for this, I bought halo anniversary because I wanted to play halo 1 campaign again. It wouldn't be a remake if all this was added? Why dont you just go play Reach if you want all of this other stuff? Besides, the multiplayer has reach weapons so you should be happy. You were right with your first sentence, this is practically impossible to implement into halo 1.

• 2 weeks later...

So you just want all new halo stuff added to halo cea? I would not pay for this, I bought halo anniversary because I wanted to play halo 1 campaign again. It wouldn't be a remake if all this was added? Why dont you just go play Reach if you want all of this other stuff? Besides, the multiplayer has reach weapons so you should be happy. You were right with your first sentence, this is practically impossible to implement into halo 1.

not impossible but unlikely...i agree the new features can simply be accessed in reach...but i would like to play halo1 with the new features just to see what it would be like. if you dont think my ideas are worth money then dont buy them when they become reality =) and if you dont think they would be fun features then simply dont activate the skulls.... i used the word optional for a reason. so dont **** your pants.

not impossible but unlikely...i agree the new features can simply be accessed in reach...but i would like to play halo1 with the new features just to see what it would be like. if you dont think my ideas are worth money then dont buy them when they become reality =) and if you dont think they would be fun features then simply dont activate the skulls.... i used the word optional for a reason. so dont **** your pants.

I'm not ******** my pants what so ever. I like the duel wielding idea but good luck getting these implemented with an update.

• Like 1

I'm not ******** my pants what so ever. I like the duel wielding idea but good luck getting these implemented with an update.

well like i said some of them might be impossible but not most of them....its a matter of personal taste and personal playstyle nothing that would justify a second playthrough.... i would want too see what halo would have been like with reach features...more for experimentation then anything else and i think alot of people would also want to be able to screw around more....

even if they dont use any of my ideas the point is we need more skulls....too bad we wont get them lol....i already found most of the skulls and the one or two that i didnt find where boring skulls so i wont bother to hunt them......more skulls would be awesome..

• 2 weeks later...

These aren't a true issue so why would 343i need to go for a TU? It's not effecting the game to the point of not being able to play the game. If anything is effecting the game to a massive degree when wanting to play with others; it would have to be co-op online CEA. That's where the true problem lies and where most people turn away from the co-op due to this issue.

You have a better chance of having a eight-some with the current line-up of Victoria's Secret Angels, than seeing any type of update to the CEA. It was produced soley with the intention of bringing back the game that started it all for a celebration. Aside from this there was no official plan going forward to support or update the game. Seriously people....does anyone at all comprehend the emense amount of time and resources it takes to develop a full title? Let's put it like this....how would you guys feel about waiting till around spring of 2014 for halo 4, just so they can stop, pour time into TU's for Reach and CEA, then eventually find time to work on Halo4...which by the way, still has no official finished core engine or project name.

• Like 1

I would just like for people to be smart and get it off the ****ty halo reach multiplayer engine and put it onto something of its own. Multiplayer with HALO CE ANNIVERSARY WEAPONS AND MAPS... Im sick of going from amazing beautiful non popcorn maker assault rifles and jizz tastic snipers and pistols to a ****ty popcorn maker a pistol women carry in their purse and a rifle that shoots slower than a bum on the streets takes a crap. Its a beautiful game perfect in campaign (though like the rest of halo's population id love to see a working pelican mission tossed secretly in there as well as just more story in general from the book and give it that real scary feelin that he feels when he first encounters the flood) but in all honesty the only thing that drags this game down is the fact that its running off a half assed multiplayer. Bring new servers up and drop the bloom completely and add in halo CE weapons and armor and multiplayer. As well as add in a forge for it (with pelicans and phantoms and spirits ETC ETC) and i can promise you no one will ever wanna play a different halo again unless it has everything that i just listed along with a new story to go with it and top it all off. These things ^ define a game.

Sparticus, Absolute Dog here, I want you to know that if you ever post a run on sentence anywhere near this long again in our forum I will shoot you in your "ignint" face with popcorn while spanking you with my ban hammer!

Edited by Absolute Dog
Riding the back of a highly educated college boy! lol

You are a complete and utter moron Sparticus. You come in here half assed and flaming a thread in which you have no knowledge to do so. Your lack of understanding of anything Halo Engine related makes me laugh so hard I almost pooped myself. None of your comments hold any merit, nor are you MAN enough to supply any key points or engine specific details in which would hold your claims true. Take a suggestion *******, move along before i have to spank your ass with a myriad of game data related information that you could never hope to understand.

• 2 weeks later...