Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

Just downloaded the new update and it's made the game worse! Now it just searches for players and won't find a single game. While I was waiting, I pushed Y to view the last carnage report from when I played earlier today.....and the game froze. I've tested it multiple times and every time i push Y , it freezes.

Just downloaded the new update and it's made the game worse! Now it just searches for players and won't find a single game. While I was waiting, I pushed Y to view the last carnage report from when I played earlier today.....and the game froze. I've tested it multiple times and every time i push Y , it freezes.

I have the same problem.

I cant find a game any more.

I only got this game because i wanted to be able to play H3 on the xbox one.

a. 343 will never create the patches bungie did (maps will stay as is)

b. the sound will probably never be fixed.

c. forged/modified maps won't be brought back.

Why even bring h3 back? obvious 343 are not even trying with h3 because you get gametypes that never existed before, e.g., 5v5 KOH on Citadel...

I think the xbox servers have gone down, Inb4 lizard squad again.

• Like 1

Hey I am having and issue with one of the achivements "Pillar of Autum" which is literally just beat the first level in Halo CE but after I beat it it is now just stuck unlocking the achivement and I have not gotten it in about a week now. If you guys could kndly patch that at some point that would be appreciated

So a hard reset of my Xbox appears to have fixed the problems I saw last night. Got 11 players in a game but that's fine. Please reduce the frequency of slayer br in the playlists. I like it, but no one uses any other weapons and duel wielding fights are non existent when all players spawn with the go to weapon. It comes down to this, if slayer br is an option, which it always is, it is the voted game. Make a br list at least...

The biggest issue with the matchmaking is the number of players.  Most maps in Halo 1 and 2 were designed for either 4v4 or 8v8.  Social slayer can be 5v5, but the general matchmaking should be 4v4.  Adding an extra player completely throws off the balance of the game.

Max Party Size 4 + Team Size 5 = 1 random child with a K/D spread of -17.  343i, I implore you to fix this issue and change the matchmaking for Halo 2 classic, team slayer, team Halo 2: Anniversary to 8 players, as well as changing big team battle to 16.  6 players is not a "big team."

For all people still experiencing inbalanced teams or teams larger than the gametype allows, this is and issue that next week's update will be all about.

It was originally created to reduce matchmaking times as is would more easily allow players into the lobby.

Since last update mostly fixed matchmaking times it will be removed next update!

Nothing to do eh?

How about remastering Halo 2 entirely? What about the cutscenes and terminals? It's not as simple as putting a picture over the real thing at all.

"Taking care" of the multiplayer isn't a walk in the park either. 343i has to incorporate 5 different games (Halo 2 Anniversary included) into one game. In other words put all the games that had seperate discs (Halo 4 even having 2) into one disc and include the anniversary additions as well. Make it so you can switch between all diffrent games almost seamlessly adds another level of difficulty.

I'd like to see anyone who thinks they can do it better do it.

The lag you're experiencing now might not be server sided. It might be you, the host (since there are no dedicated servers untill things are sorted) or someone else in your game.

The reason for uneven teams is because of the very bug causing all of this and originates from switching between or possibly switching between all games.

The reason for more than the max amount of players in a server is part of a temporary solution to at least improve matchmaking times.

In the end all of this is being sorted out as we speak and 343i will not stop working on it untill it is fixed.

343 really didn't need to have four games, like seriously just give us halo 2, nobody likes your awful excuse for a game which came in the form of halo 4 so stop trying to force it on us. The filthy casuals who didn't play the other Halos can go buy them, they are four separate games for a reason, if you couldn't run them on the one disc then why bother, you guys really know how to ruin a great franchise.

343 really didn't need to have four games, like seriously just give us halo 2, nobody likes your awful excuse for a game which came in the form of halo 4 so stop trying to force it on us. The filthy casuals who didn't play the other Halos can go buy them, they are four separate games for a reason, if you couldn't run them on the one disc then why bother, you guys really know how to ruin a great franchise.

^^Way to double post.  As for your "filthy casuals" description, get over yourself.  Just because someone doesn't dedicate their life to playing Halo 24/7 or every possible moment they get, does not warrant your limited small minded view of who causes issues, why a game is lacking, or who is deserving of having a valid, logical point in the Halo franchise.  YOU self absorbed little peons anger me to no end!  If YOU don't like being called names by me, then please refrain in the future from labeling people as a group and putting them down.

You do realize that throwing around terms that can be hurtful and unneeded only further discredit your opinions and comments right?  They moved all 4 games to Xbox One because that is the new platform they plan to solely support.  Perhaps you missed the part where they clearly stated they had no desire to support "Legacy" hardware and games?  Your lucky you even got Halo 4 on the 360, as it was developed to be on the Xbox One solely.

• Like 1

So I get to the Press Menu Button, then the music plays and I watch the ring of rocks orbit from left to right, but the main menu will not come up! I have done several hard resets of my Xbox this week, yet this happens whenever I switch games then go back to Halo. Please take note and remedy this issue. Hard resets are a pain in my ****!

They released yet another update and match making is still broken, I am still unable to find any matches in Big Team Battle only in Team Slayer. I enjoy slayer but it get's annoying when I'm being forced to play it over and over since it's the only playlist that works for me. I don't get why they didn't just delay the game by a month since it wasn't even released on Halo 2's original date, maybe then they could have fixed it for launch.

I would like to be able to finish a stage in coop (this is my 4th attempt) on the legendary maps that take over an hour to do. My buddy's controller died, and when trying to reconnect the controller his screen is stuck on 'reconnect controller' even though the light is on. 

Don't even get me started about the achievements...

first of all, thanks for your work. I m really grateful to be able to play Halo CE and Halo 2 and to discover Halo 3 and 4.

Now that is done, I bought that game to play with my friends like back in the days. However, it is not possible for me to play with them.

let me explain the situation. Live in UK, I have friends in France, Belgium, Switzerland and when we party together. We cannot find a game. I quit the party and they find a game directly.

when we do a custom game, we can play for a while but then suddenly "my game" wants to become party leader and kick everyone or decide to end the game and we all come back at the menu.

These issues are very frustration as I bought a Xbox One for that game to play with my friend.

I don't know if anyone else has already reported you that kind of issue but it seems like we are connected to different server and UK is setup with North America and not with EMEA that's why I cannot play with my friends.

Also, even the campaign with a friend is lagging, about half a second. I don t understand how is that happening with a 30M connection.

thanks for reading

Regards

Samikaz

For me, master chief collection has definitely been worth the money I spent. The campaign's all run great, except for the mission reclaimer were there is some problem loading the full map so it is impossible to complete. However, my main problem is that any time I try to play H2A online, whether it be the anniversary playlists or a H2A map in a cross game playlist my game lags like hell. This is not an issue with Classic Halo 2, CE, Halo 3 or Halo 4 but whenever I try to play matchmaking on stone town or any other Anniversary map it is just about impossible. I don't know if there are any ways of stopping this. I have had one lag free game but basically everyone except for two of the other team had left the game by that point....

343 are you ever gonna get your **** together? this game has been out for over a month and still you haven't done much to fix it. 343 you are a joke to gaming anywhere. bring back Bungie and I bet it'll be fixed within days because they know what they're doing. they made these games years ago and they worked fine. But yet 343 can't even get matchmaking working right. 343 you have completely ****** up halo for a lot of fans. 

343 are you ever gonna get your **** together? this game has been out for over a month and still you haven't done much to fix it. 343 you are a joke to gaming anywhere. bring back Bungie and I bet it'll be fixed within days because they know what they're doing. they made these games years ago and they worked fine. But yet 343 can't even get matchmaking working right. 343 you have completely ****** up halo for a lot of fans. 

There's more to fixing these things then you think.  It's not like they can type a couple things in and everything will be fixed.

It sometimes involves completely scraping something and rewriting, followed by purchases new equipment such as servers which take time to ship and configure.

Edited by Brony

As Brony pointed out, patching things is quite more complicated than simply adding fixes and compiling a new set of executable or dependency files.  Patches are add-ons that override existing settings and or in some cases complete chunks of content.  Said patches are not simple as some can and will break content or functionality in many areas by mistake or random dependency issues.  These patches take a lot longer to run tests on since they effectively have to run these patches through pretty much every possible scenarios and setting within the game.  It's not like a simple engine test, where if something loads it's stable due to locked components or content.

Anytime a game receives an add-on whether it's DLC or a simple game patch to enhance or correct gameplay, there are great risks in breaking the entire structure of the engine and the game itself.  For you and those like you, I suggest you take a few game development courses and or actually work on creating and implementing add-on game content, then come back and cry foul and rant about how much they suck or how incompetent they are.  Unless you have walked a mile in their shoes or have done such work in the industry, you cannot validate your claims or rants.

I have owned this game since launch in Australia. I have open NAT settings and a decent dsl connection with annex M. Since owning the game I have had roughly 10 multiplayer matches. My favorite game type Big Team Battle sadly I have yet to find a game at all. 16 December here and once again after another 1GB+ patch I find myself watching a screen with nothing but searching for players. I have a suggestion if you ever do get this game working. Why not have an option in game type of "I dont care just put me in a game" That way if we just want to play a quick match it puts us into the next available game regardless of game type.

H2c hit registry is still bad. And spawns are bad too. Need to bring back other old maps like headlong. Hopefully it's all fixed in a month so we can start bringing the ranking system back. With team hardcore and snipes

H2c hit registry is still bad. And spawns are bad too. Need to bring back other old maps like headlong. Hopefully it's all fixed in a month so we can start bringing the ranking system back. With team hardcore and snipes