Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

I'm having an issue which is making Multiplayer literally unplayable. It takes a long time to find a game and then when in the game, after a random duration (anywhere between a few seconds to over halfway through the game) the game freezes and goes to the host migration screen. After a short while stuck on this screen it appears to kick out every other player in the game (I know in reality it is only booting me), tells me I won the game due to opponents forfeiting and then takes me back to the Find Game screen. Its making it impossible for me to enjoy MCC alone, or with friends. I've tried reseting my connection, making sure my NAT is open, hard reseting my console and reinstalling the game itself. I know it isn't a problem with my internet as there is no actual lag, and I can play any other game online with no problems whatsoever. Does anyone know of a fix for this ?

It's really killing me because I love Halo and all I want to do is be able to play it !

Create game types with H1, H2C, & H2A only PLEASE! There is an obvious divide between the games previously listed and H3 & H4 when it comes to preference. Older players prefer the older games, while younger players prefer the newer ones. For someone 25 years old like myself, I was 15 when Halo 2 came out, so natually, I prefer Halo 1 and Halo 2. I understand that 343 is trying to make everyone happy, but I can tell you that the current system of mixing the older games with the newer ones is NOT working. To my final point, when games are selected that people are not skilled at or don't prefer, about 80% of the time they quit the game. This severely reduces the quality of each game played, and does not give the players the competitive arena shooter they've come to love.

Create game types with H1, H2C, & H2A only PLEASE! There is an obvious divide between the games previously listed and H3 & H4 when it comes to preference. Older players prefer the older games, while younger players prefer the newer ones. For someone 25 years old like myself, I was 15 when Halo 2 came out, so natually, I prefer Halo 1 and Halo 2. I understand that 343 is trying to make everyone happy, but I can tell you that the current system of mixing the older games with the newer ones is NOT working. To my final point, when games are selected that people are not skilled at or don't prefer, about 80% of the time they quit the game. This severely reduces the quality of each game played, and does not give the players the competitive arena shooter they've come to love.

No, older players do not prefer the older games and newer players do not prefer the newer games. That sounds really segregated to say, actually.

As an older player, I prefer the newer games. Halo 2 had its potential, but that has been lost. Halo 3 is still alright in my opinion, but I honestly would rather play something else. Halo 4 was the best one I have played.

That said, it seems that you don't have a matchmaking issue. More of a complaint. I've seen so many damn people choose Halo 2 or Halo 2A. It's not even funny, so I have no idea where you're coming from. Also, the only games with all 4 games is Team Slayer, Team Objective, and BTB. All of which the maps are randomized. They're not restricted to only H2 or H3. Now they're all of them, just randomly drawn. Like an RNG, actually.

Lastly, your final point is an everyday thing. Not just on MCC, but for every game. Let it be Call of Duty, or Battlefield. Maybe even just a simple game of Destiny. Doesn't matter, it happens. This isn't an MCC issue, to be honest. However, 343 has it setup so quitting automatically gives you a bad review to your reputation.

I have been having multiple issues in multiplayer involving the game crashing.

This had always happened when the game is in the score screen or loading, but today it happened to me in-game (for the first time).

The screen would freeze, and there is a repeated, jittery sound similar to a jack hammer, after which my game would reboot (or I can go to the Xbox home and reboot manually if I don't want to wait).

Is this a common problem? Will there be a patch to address this issue soon?

I am having a serious issue and i have no idea how to resolve it. It takes me roughly 20min+ to get into a matchmaking game. I have the game downloaded from the store. My cousin on the other hand has bought the disk. He gets into matchmaking games instantly and when he joins my party or I join him we cannot get games at all. We both have the same internet connection and I have tested it via network settings on my Xbox. I am very confused and very frustrated. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

I played rumble pit, sadly it wasn't ranked and two times in a row were the exact three maps/ game modes to vote on. Next, isn't there supposed to be a multi-team playlist?  Do we get a refund if we purchase ODST when we were supposed to get a free code?

If you were indeed entitled to receive ODST for free, you would have been notified over Live in your message inbox.  If you did not get a code, then you did not qualify.  What is your GT?

Hmmm..... That's a good question then my friend. Most of the issues like the one you have are overseas in places like Australia. Although while you may indeed use the same ISP, your individual home network setups can and will either cause issues or problems with the Live service.

Hmmm..... That's a good question then my friend. Most of the issues like the one you have are overseas in places like Australia. Although while you may indeed use the same ISP, your individual home network setups can and will either cause issues or problems with the Live service.

Any suggestions on how to fix that? You may be correct about it being my own internet. I have tried to reset my router. No luck on that. I am however having my internet upgraded. maybe that will help? 

The pick the map section of the lobby in matchmaking, should not be what is the first in the list. I'm so tired of playing what the first Halo 2 Classic map is on doubles. It's beyond frustrating because that is literally all that gets picked and the registration is miserable if you're not host. Make the selection, if it ends up in a tie, be random so at least the map after it has a chance to be played. It's the Collection and the playlist is Team Doubles. It is not Halo 2 Doubles.

Any suggestions on how to fix that? You may be correct about it being my own internet. I have tried to reset my router. No luck on that. I am however having my internet upgraded. maybe that will help?

My only suggestion would be to learn how to use port forwarding and triggering to open LIVE ports directly to your console. Also depending on your ISP provider and equipment, you may be limited. Ex: Comcasts new mandatory Wireless Gateway equipment.

The pick the map section of the lobby in matchmaking, should not be what is the first in the list. I'm so tired of playing what the first Halo 2 Classic map is on doubles. It's beyond frustrating because that is literally all that gets picked and the registration is miserable if you're not host. Make the selection, if it ends up in a tie, be random so at least the map after it has a chance to be played. It's the Collection and the playlist is Team Doubles. It is not Halo 2 Doubles.

Your missing a huge point and general preferrence in MCC. Halo 2 was what the title was based around. Halo 2 was the only Halo with actual multiplayer that wasn't any longer available for any Xbox platform. Hence why it is often the picked map type. As to which maps are picked, the same lame overplayed ones will always get picked. Ex: Coagulation, Beavercreek, Lockout etc...

My only suggestion would be to learn how to use port forwarding and triggering to open LIVE ports directly to your console. Also depending on your ISP provider and equipment, you may be limited. Ex: Comcasts new mandatory Wireless Gateway equipment.

Your missing a huge point and general preferrence in MCC. Halo 2 was what the title was based around. Halo 2 was the only Halo with actual multiplayer that wasn't any longer available for any Xbox platform. Hence why it is often the picked map type. As to which maps are picked, the same lame overplayed ones will always get picked. Ex: Coagulation, Beavercreek, Lockout etc...

But your'e missing my point, is I don't only want to play H2 because it's first in the selection. It's really frustrating when its plasma rifles midship and i could have got H3 pit or even H4 Haven, both br starts. 

But your'e missing my point, is I don't only want to play H2 because it's first in the selection. It's really frustrating when its plasma rifles midship and i could have got H3 pit or even H4 Haven, both br starts. 

I highly suggest you play a game-specific playlist then if you don't like Halo 2 always being chosen. Choose Halo 3 Playlist or even Halo 4. By the sounds of it, you're playing team slayer. Which Halo 2 is usually always an option.

Is anyone currently having problems getting into a match? It doesn't matter which playlist I select (Team Slayer, Doubles, Swat, etc), the game just keeps "Searching for Players..." without ever making it to "Players Found..." I can't figure this one out -- usually a different playlist solves similar issues, or occasionally quitting Halo altogether and restarting the game, but I've tried both numerous times and nothing is working. I also haven't played in a week or more, so maybe this has been happening to people for a while?

• Like 1

CANNOT CONNECT TO ANYONE ONLINE

The matchmaking is ways searching for players. what the **** is going on today? Someone? Anyone? 343 please reply asap because I didnt pay for garbage. thank you

Is anyone currently having problems getting into a match? It doesn't matter which playlist I select (Team Slayer, Doubles, Swat, etc), the game just keeps "Searching for Players..." without ever making it to "Players Found..." I can't figure this one out -- usually a different playlist solves similar issues, or occasionally quitting Halo altogether and restarting the game, but I've tried both numerous times and nothing is working. I also haven't played in a week or more, so maybe this has been happening to people for a while?

Same stuff is happening here man. this is RIDICULOUS

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is related to match-making, but my friend and I cannot join each other's sessions so we can play together in a party. Other multiplayer has worked for me in the past (once); I don't play multiplayer very often. But when he bought his Xbox One with Halo, we wanted to match up together... and failed. Does anyone know if this is a known problem and if it is being worked on? Is this even match-making related at all?

I don't know if this is related to match-making, but my friend and I cannot join each other's sessions so we can play together in a party. Other multiplayer has worked for me in the past (once); I don't play multiplayer very often. But when he bought his Xbox One with Halo, we wanted to match up together... and failed. Does anyone know if this is a known problem and if it is being worked on? Is this even match-making related at all?

Yes, but this isn't on their end. It's on your end. You both most likely have Strict NAT or one of you has Strict NAT and the other has Moderate NAT. I suggest you check your NAT's and check back and let us know for certain if they are Open or if they are Moderate or Strict.