Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

Uneven teams, party separation, ranks reset, long search times, glitchy leaderboards (such as killed most by yourself), cant join open custom games in session, max players is 10/10 and occassionally ends up 11/10 in a game, post game lobby doesnt have a total team score which causes you to have to calculate it yourself while checking the carnage report, the theatre never saves the previous game played without deleting 12 films from the temp file folder

it does annoy me that people get separated in games because i end up getting quitters on my team or derankers to help their friends win.

Luckily I waited til the weekend to see if matchmaking got any better, the only gametype I can find games fast on is Halo 2 Anniversary.  I'm still having troubles forming a party and being put on the same team it might work for the first game but one of us will get booted and then the remainder be put on separate teams. Online co op campaign is unplayable if you want to see what it looks like: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/46baf22b-1d6f-4e62-8b97-f7b41391637f?gamerTag=Ledd%20Zeplinn&scid=77290100-225e-4768-9373-98164430a9f8. The fact that I actually was able to play this weekend was very pleasing. Hope you guys get this going in the first couple weeks.

I wish there was a way to change the Universal Reclaimer button layout slightly.  I like it except one thing, B is crouch and left stick does nothing in the older titles.  When I hold B to crouch I am not able to look around at the same time.  Also crouch jumping is more difficult, and in halo 2 and 3 crouch jumping is crucial.  I would like the left stick to crouch and the B button to be sprint in halo 4 and nothing in halo 2.  please just allow us to customize the layout a little more.

• Like 1

Just a reminder, we are not the official 343.  We are a fan site.  We appreciate the responses and sharing of the issues, but we here CANNOT FIX THEM.  If you want to ask 343i direct questions or receive direct feedback, go over to their official site at HaloWayPoint.

Halo Master Chief Collection has been released!

Along with the release of Halo MCC has come a few bugs, glitches, and multiple other matchmaking issues. This has resulted in an over-abundance of threads asking for help- some of which are multiple threads with the same problem. To cut down on similar threads, and to hopefully get everyone the answers they need as soon as possible, we ask that you post any and all of your Halo: Master Chief Collection issues here.

This thread will be monitored closely, and any updates from the official 343industries will be added. (Remember, we're just a fan forum)

Be sure to check the thread to see if someone has had the same issue as you and if there are any possible fixes or updates already available on that issue.

343industries has released an official update on the status of Halo: Master Chief Collection's matchmaking as of 11/13/14 - HERE

Thanks for your assistance in keeping our Forum nice and tidy!

-BZ1

I went from being a level 9 to a 1 in one game?

Wow.  This game is almost totally unplayable! I purchased the game the day after launch so i was a bit behind to find out all the issues it has. i have managed to find 4 matchmaking games considering countless hours in matchmaking searches.  out of those 4 games more than 1 has had uneven teams. 3v4 for example.  I've had to reboot numerous time because the game freezes. my friend list is practically nonexistent, I can not tell when friends are on. AND what happened to all the glitches you promised? I used to spend hours upon hours practicing supper bounces so i could be ready when the time came.  I guess 343 doesn't have a problem lying about their product, so they can sell the max amount of units.

I bought this game to bring back great memories, but all Im getting is headache and an increased lack of confidence in 343's abilities. 

I like my local gaming store.  Don't think it's fair to bother them with refund request since it was 343 that knowingly sold an unfinished product.  After one week with no fix in sight feel like I've waited long enough, any way I can return the disc and get a refund directly from 343 Industries?

Also anyone else annoyed as hell about all the ads they are still running for this essentially broken game? (Yeah campaign works just fine but MP is about 50 percent of the reason I purchased this, so yes, broken)

- If you search a game with a friend/friends, you could be placed on opposite teams (unacceptable).

- Some games of 8 players were 6 vs 2 instead 4 vs 4 (unacceptable).

- Tried during an entire hour to find a game after the application of the patch (unacceptable).

- After a finished game, the game freezes on the "Loading" screen (3 times) (unacceptable).

- If you finally find a game, there are possibilities to get banned from it (2 times) (unacceptable).

- Friends don´t show up even if they are online.

- I leveled up playing customs (unacceptable).

- Level 1 players paired with level 15. you should try to pair like Halo 3 does (difference of 10 levels max.). I can´t imagine a game of level 50 players dueling vs. level 1 players (unacceptable).

- If you start to search in a playlist and you want to go back and search in another one, the party is sepparated and you have to invite again. Same in customs and other situations (unacceptable).

- The most part of the games are 4 vs 3 (unacceptable).

- I saw some playlists of 5 vs 5, even if they were conceived as 4 vs 4. That changes (and ruins) totally the experience and strategy. Can´t i play 4 vs 4 Halo 3?

- I would like to see some playlists like (essential) Team Doubles. And ranked, of course.

I hope this issues will be solved soon.

Best regards, a disappointed Halo player.

• Like 1

You know this totally sucks , being a halo player since 2001 buying everysingle halo game that has come out having to go through all this crap is nonsense , i bought the game at 12pm midnight launch and if i have completed 10 damn online matches id be joking , the halo channel is down its the error mesaage i get while trying to access it , i cant get damn achievements becuase it says an error has occureed which has pisses me off so much , i cant get terminals becauae it says its currently unavailable and when i put the game it says i cant synch data to try again or to play offline i mean what the fuxk is this???? I am one of the guys that loved halo 4 and this is how u pay us back? I havent played the game again since launch the update made it worse , im going back to play TITANFALL , a game that doesent have issues thanks for making me loose faith , halo is my fav game but this just ruina the experience for me , if u want to comment on this 343i be my guests , fn bs

343 what have you done to halo... I mean what were you thinking trying to put your own twist on this game it was massive for a reason and that reason was bungie. They did such a better job than ypu 10 years ago and I suppose your making them look that much better also. Will never be buying a 343i game again deffintly not in the first 6 months as you seem to be clueless compared to your competitors and struggle to get your stuff together. Hope you can fix it soon cant see it myself as theres more things that dont work than actually do... did you test any part of this game? Just please sort it out I know your working hard but no symphony its all hard work that should of been done before launch. Sort it out.

It cant find me a game about 90% of the time and and it also freezes and crashes alot. When i play halo 4 campaign it will not diisplay the weapon or grenades. It will fire but the only thing the shows up is noise. Its as if the gun was invisable. Also there is no gun sights. Please fix this game.

- If you search a game with a friend/friends, you could be placed on opposite teams (unacceptable).

- Some games of 8 players were 6 vs 2 instead 4 vs 4 (unacceptable).

- Tried during an entire hour to find a game after the application of the patch (unacceptable).

- After a finished game, the game freezes on the "Loading" screen (3 times) (unacceptable).

- If you finally find a game, there are possibilities to get banned from it (2 times) (unacceptable).

- Friends don´t show up even if they are online.

- I leveled up playing customs (unacceptable).

- Level 1 players paired with level 15. you should try to pair like Halo 3 does (difference of 10 levels max.). I can´t imagine a game of level 50 players dueling vs. level 1 players (unacceptable).

- If you start to search in a playlist and you want to go back and search in another one, the party is sepparated and you have to invite again. Same in customs and other situations (unacceptable).

- The most part of the games are 4 vs 3 (unacceptable).

- I saw some playlists of 5 vs 5, even if they were conceived as 4 vs 4. That changes (and ruins) totally the experience and strategy. Can´t i play 4 vs 4 Halo 3?

- I would like to see some playlists like (essential) Team Doubles. And ranked, of course.

I hope this issues will be solved with the fridays update…

11/20/14 update

Well I updated the game and got into a couple games a little quicker. Then It started taking forever again and not joining any games. Your update didn't help. I've kept the game not only because I love playing halo but because I had faith in y'all. Which y'all are proving me wrong. Just please send out a promising update before I give up on this game

>Players found

>Is still searching for players

343 pls

Also, half the time it just loses connection to host. I even got in to a game once but it booted me during loading saying "matchmaking has failed"

Also, sometimes after completing a match, there's no option to press B at the scoreboard and you can't ever leave it. I have to go to Xbox Home, force Halo: MCC to quit, and then restart it. After this happens, the Xbox won't sync the live data and you can't play multiplayer. Halo just tells you "Downloading the latest matchmaking data. Please wait." forever.

• Like 1