Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

In the halo matchmaking me and a friend of mine were playing and I was looking at the requirements for the legendary platanum card and I had somehow obtained it while it was still locked, me and my friend tested and we found that all of them are tectnicaly unlocked so I wanted to report this because I believe that this makes the par score and times futile to have if there are all unlocked

In the halo matchmaking me and a friend of mine were playing and I was looking at the requirements for the legendary platanum card and I had somehow obtained it while it was still locked, me and my friend tested and we found that all of them are tectnicaly unlocked so I wanted to report this because I believe that this makes the par score and times futile to have if there are all unlocked

I've heard about this 'exploit'

It has been posted on Waypoint so I think 343i is aware. Whether they're fixing it remains to be seen.

really 343?sorry for the bad language,but this game is a piece of ****.there are way too many problems with it for you to have released it.i would name all my problems with the game,but there are just too many for me to even begin writing them down.i'm sorry to say that i will not play this game anymore if these problems aren't fixed soon.all this game does is make me mad and i really enjoy the halo series too much for it to make me this frustrated.FIX YOUR GAME!!!

Is there any point in posting my problem here? It doesn't seem like anyone is getting any sort of replies. I'm fairly tired at this point of the bull**** with this game and I've only had it about a month. 

Anyhow

Basically I am unable to connect to one friend in game, but only on Halo MCC

My NAT type is Open. My internet connection and multiplayer connections are fine. I can connect to him on other games and in the party chat. I have no idea what to do at this point. 

Is there any point in posting my problem here? It doesn't seem like anyone is getting any sort of replies. I'm fairly tired at this point of the bull**** with this game and I've only had it about a month.

Anyhow

My NAT type is Open. My internet connection and multiplayer connections are fine. I can connect to him on other games and in the party chat. I have no idea what to do at this point.

If you weren't a complete and utter moron, you would have realized at sign-up that this is NOT the official 343 Industries website. But please, go to their official site, spout profanity...and tell me how serious they take you.

Edited by Twinreaper
  • Like 3

Anyhow

Well we aren't an official forum. We're a community forum. Run by the community for the community.

That doesn't mean we can't help you out though. Okay, so for general troubleshooting:

1. Have your friend check HIS NAT type, because even if your NAT is open if his isn't then it could cause him to be unable to connect with you in the MCC. 

2. Both you and your friend reset your MCC. To do this just press center button, press 'menu' (formerly known as start), and select quit. Wait about 5-10 seconds and then open it back up and try to connect with each other.

If neither of those work I'm gonna need a bit more information to provide more specific troubleshooting.

1. How are you two trying to pair up? (i.e. you invite him, he invites you, you try to join each other via the profile page, you try to join each other's game using the in-game menu, etc.)

2. Are either of you able to play matchmaking while not partied up? If so, who has the longest wait time to find a match usually?

3. Do you guys have each other's accounts on each other's Xbox's? (I know it's an odd question, but it has happened...)

4. Are either of you (or both of you) in the Microsoft Preview Program?

5. What error messages (if any) do you get when you can't join him?

• Like 2

1. How are you two trying to pair up? (i.e. you invite him, he invites you, you try to join each other via the profile page, you try to join each other's game using the in-game menu, etc.)

2. Are either of you able to play matchmaking while not partied up? If so, who has the longest wait time to find a match usually?

3. Do you guys have each other's accounts on each other's Xbox's? (I know it's an odd question, but it has happened...)

We have tried all of the above. Joining, or using an invite from myself or from him. We can both play on our own or with other people or in the same party if someone else has host. We do not have each other's accounts on our xboxs. Neither of us use that. It just says error connecting to game session, please try again. 

We both have an open Nat.

Lastly, for whatever reason yesterday we were able to join eachother and play for a few hours. When we both get on today it does not work again. I honestly have no idea what is going on. Thank you for trying to help.

We have tried all of the above. Joining, or using an invite from myself or from him. We can both play on our own or with other people or in the same party if someone else has host. We do not have each other's accounts on our xboxs. Neither of us use that. It just says error connecting to game session, please try again. 

We both have an open Nat.

Lastly, for whatever reason yesterday we were able to join eachother and play for a few hours. When we both get on today it does not work again. I honestly have no idea what is going on. Thank you for trying to help.

Yep, seen this before then. Alright, here's a possible fix.

1. BOTH of you need to go onto your Xbox (main screen, not in any game) and go to Settings - Power & startup and make sure you both have Energy-saving underneath POWER OPTIONS. 

2. Both of you turn off your consoles and wait about a minute then turn them back on. Try to connect to each other and see if you're able. If you are, excellent. If not...

3. Both of you need to turn off your consoles and restart your respective modems/routers. Pain in the butt? Yes. However, also likely to help.

My friend and I (both live in the same city) had this issue, and it fixed after we did step three. If it doesn't work for you guys, you may have to actually call Microsoft Tech support. If that's the case, here's some tips.

1. Do not mention that the game is Halo. Simply state that you and your friend are having issues connecting to each other. 

2. Do NOT allow them to refer you to any other tech support. If they attempt to, simply ask if you can speak to someone with a bit more experience than them, or ask for a supervisor. 

3. Do every step they tell you, even if it sounds dumb and like it won't work.

4. Calling tech support always sucks. Be as patient as you can be. The more upset you act, the more the tech support guy wants to get off the phone with you and the less help you'll actually get.

Well here I am, after spending countless hours with xbox support and failed posts to the halowaypoint forums (no replies ever) I end up here. So here is the issue I have: No matter which game (H1,H2,H3,H4,H2A) or playlist i play, within a minute or so of connecting to the game I go black screen and then it respawns me in like i just started the game and this continues literally every 10 seconds or so throughout the entire game and it happens every game now. I have hard reset xbox, restarted internet, opened ports in my router for Open NAT, cleared mac address, cleared local and cloud save data, uninstalled and reinstalled the game 5 times now, even factory reset my xbox. I am at a loss at how to fix this issue and 343 will not reply on their forums. This is the only game that this happens as well, i play a couple other games with 0 issues. If anyone on here can help me just know I will be forever in your debt if the fix works because its been almost 2 months now that i haven't been able to play MCC. 

Well here I am, after spending countless hours with xbox support and failed posts to the halowaypoint forums (no replies ever) I end up here. So here is the issue I have: No matter which game (H1,H2,H3,H4,H2A) or playlist i play, within a minute or so of connecting to the game I go black screen and then it respawns me in like i just started the game and this continues literally every 10 seconds or so throughout the entire game and it happens every game now. I have hard reset xbox, restarted internet, opened ports in my router for Open NAT, cleared mac address, cleared local and cloud save data, uninstalled and reinstalled the game 5 times now, even factory reset my xbox. I am at a loss at how to fix this issue and 343 will not reply on their forums. This is the only game that this happens as well, i play a couple other games with 0 issues. If anyone on here can help me just know I will be forever in your debt if the fix works because its been almost 2 months now that i haven't been able to play MCC.

Well, it sounds like you are up a creek with no paddle. If you have done all of these things, it sounds like you really do need 343i's direct help. My only suggestion would be to see if you can get a new disc and install MCC with that (If your own a digital copy you may still want to try this). Then attempt to play MCC. It could be that your maps or game engine have been corrupted (most likely on the disc, but not enough for the download not to work), meaning the game try's to reload everything when a certain variable occurs (like a certain object is on the map, or a player moves in a certain direction,a certain time, too much to process, etc). If this works, just return the extra physical copy (the old one) to the place you bought the new one, and let them know it's defective. Most places will still allow you to return it.

If that fails, then I would guess it is one of three things: The first is a defective Xbox. The second would be an issue with connecting to MS or your xbl account has an issue. The third is that there is an issue with your account and 343i. I would assume it is either 1 or 3, but it may be some convoluted connection issue which would explain 1, 2, or 3.

I am having trouble finding any online multiplayer game. Whether it is from Halo: CE to Halo 4, all it says is: Searching for Players… then goes to Players Found… but stays at Players Found for a while and restarts the search. Is anyone else having this problem or is it only me?

• Like 1

Halo 2 is what started xbox live AND online console gaming imo. This is why I have been so faithful to the IDEA of mcc. But MCC is the WORST game IN THE ENTIRE SERIES OF HALO GAMES!!!! Waiting over an hour for a friggin game isn't how you salute someone whose been faithful to halo/Xbox for 9 friggin years!!!!!!! Please don't rush halo 5, and fix whatever the hell you guys seriously screwed up on mcc. Just for comparison, it takes me UNDER 5 SECONDS to hop on battlefield 4 UNDER 5 SECONDS. You guys end the lobby as soon the game is done so when you finally DO get into a game when it's done it's like “well guess I got time to order a pizza, wait for it, eat it, then crap it out and I'd still be waiting for that last player!!!!!” Next time take me out to dinner because I like to be whined and dined before I get boned

Halo 2 is what started xbox live AND online console gaming imo. This is why I have been so faithful to the IDEA of mcc. But MCC is the WORST game IN THE ENTIRE SERIES OF HALO GAMES!!!! Waiting over an hour for a friggin game isn't how you salute someone whose been faithful to halo/Xbox for 9 friggin years!!!!!!! Please don't rush halo 5, and fix whatever the hell you guys seriously screwed up on mcc. Just for comparison, it takes me UNDER 5 SECONDS to hop on battlefield 4 UNDER 5 SECONDS. You guys end the lobby as soon the game is done so when you finally DO get into a game when it's done it's like “well guess I got time to order a pizza, wait for it, eat it, then crap it out and I'd still be waiting for that last player!!!!!” Next time take me out to dinner because I like to be whined and dined before I get boned

Halo 2 did NOT start Xbox Live, that service was not dependent on Halo 2 and was incorporated long before H2 was released.

Second, MCC is a compilation of 4 Halo games plus ODST, the expected wait time and fragmentation for the community is expected.  Was it at all a thought, that trying to find a single match across all titles would be easy?  You have to realize that everybody who plays MCC is NOT playing the same game or in the same lobby.  The community has been fragmented beyond belief by MCC.  Before MCC the only worry was hoping that enough players were playing each single game to find a good match.  MCC negates needing to use indivual discs or swap them out to play.

But yes it does have issues beyond the player fragmentation and I cannot excuse that in any way.  But comparing a single game like Battlefield to MCC which is 4 GAMES IN ONE is not at all a fair comparison.  If there is a particular game that you would rather play, your best bet is to wait for backwards compatibility to kick in and be released for the Halo games individually.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this pinned topic from approximately 1 year ago.

Confirming that there are apparently still matchmaking random disconnect issues while attempting campaign missions.

Just got this game and took 5 tries (4 disconnects) to get through 1 mission in Halo:CE (Pillar of Autumn).

I will give it about a week or two and, if it continues to be problematic, I will be seeking a complete refund and reporting it to the retailer as still a defective product.

Hello,I've been a fan of Halo3 multiplayer especially Big Team Slayer and Objective and Heavy since 2007. I tried many games but HALO3 is the best for me.
Loving H3, when Halo3 ODST was released, I naturally bought it, having hopes the Multi would be similar to Halo3 (arena type) but it wasn't so I was kind of disappointed and went back to Halo3 although the BTB list was getting more empty I still could play 4v4 social slayer quickly.Halo4 was then released. Once again, I believed the Multi would be a newer, better version of Halo3 but I was disappointed that the Multi was not Arena type but ability type where you build your spartan as in COD. I don't like flying and sprinting etc... For me H3 had enough speed in the numerous vehicles, and the on the ground duels were top notch. So I went back to H3 social slayer 4v4 which worked perfectly.I then bought Destiny by Bungie thinking that the original makers of Halo would necessarily have a Multi similar to Halo3, aka Arena, but once again, no.
So that's 3 games I bought from Microsoft SIMPLY looking for a BTB type Multi as Halo3. So I went back to H3 social slayer.

A few months ago, my 9 year old 360 broke down which was fine after 9 years. In August, I bought thermal paste to fix the 360 but then thought that it was about time to buy the new Xbox One with Halo MCC which did promise Halo3 as in the "old days" with BTB. I got a new TV set on purpose and confident that this was the "ONE" (no pun intended), got the MCC bundle. I got eveything set up, downloaded the MCC for 4 days, last night I finally get to 100%, click the multi and bam, I get the pop up "downloading Mactchmaking data...". So I can only play Campaing which is useless btw as I have all 4 Halo Titles on the 360. I only bought it to play BTB H3.So this is the 4th disappointment with the series. I can't really tell you how I feel about the whole Halo franchise, as I would get banned, but I am utterly appalled at what's happening. I tried all the troubleshooting available on the internet, didn't see any responses by 343 on this issue. So I am stuck with a new game with a multi that doesn't work. With all the threads on MCC being buggy, I was expecting some issues but not a broken multi altogether. I hadn't read any threads on this "matchmaking data" bug until I googled it or wouldn't even had bothered (would you?).Then, I read that H5 was due in November with promises of arena slayer and BTB. Rumors go that 343 are concentrating on that implying that MCC bugs aren't their priority anymore. There is also the hope of the retrocompatibility of H3 and other games in "november" or at the "end of the year" but will it work? Will MCC ever be fixed?
Those are way too many questions that are not answered and honestly, I have lost faith in any Halo games after H3, how do they expect me to buy a 5th game after the first 4 didn't give me the simple game that I expected and paid for. Why call it Halo if it is not Halo? I will thus return my xbox one tomorrow, and just fix my old one with the thermal paste and go back to playing H3 social slayer which is getting old after 10 years but at least works. I am not ranting on 343 but wish they had just made a simple BTB and slayer (K.I.S.S. anyone?) I read that they were pressured to releases Halo MCC by Microsoft and that it is not their fault but frankly I could care less whose fault it is, I paid the money and have bought all the Halo games just to be disappointed 4 times. Have a nice day!

Sorry to hear about your troubles dude, but you can't blame a game company for your obvious choice to buy costly new equipment just play a game, when your old equipment worked just fine.

If you had done a proper Google or internet search you would have found a lot more data on the game and current issues with it. Also, if you are good at researching, you would have realized that THIS IS NOT 343's website, this is a fan forum. You want Halowaypoint, their official website where they will see items posted like this.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your troubles dude, but you can't blame a game company for your obvious choice to buy costly new equipment just play a game, when your old equipment worked just fine.

If you had done a proper Google or internet search you would have found a lot more data on the game and current issues with it. Also, if you are good at researching, you would have realized that THIS IS NOT 343's website, this is a fan forum. You want Halowaypoint, their official website where they will see items posted like this.

Twinreaper, thanks for the help, I agree for the equipment (I'm keeping the TV!) but I do totally blame 343 and Microsoft for the game MCC because they lured Halo fans to get this game that miraculously would unite all the Halo series when in fact it plainly does not work AT ALL for me. There are pages and pages of bug threads so even if this Data bug gets fixed, it'll probably be another one as I've rread loads of issues which I never heard of on H3.

I'm not losing more money on post Halo 3 games. I will return the Xbox ONE tomorrow with this unusable game  and fix my 360 for 10 bucks of thermal paste lol. Since I never got to play H3 in HD, H3 on HD will be somewhat new to me and always better than an unplayable MCC.

Imo, 343 lacked the humility when trying to make a bigger faster more complex HALO3 (without the Arena mode which is an inexplcable move besides getting more COD people to play it and destroying the H2 and H3 fan base). They failed miserably after 1 year of patches that brought more bugs which is insane.

I still don't get how Bungie made an almost flawless Halo3 a decade ago and 343 couldn't a decade later. I don't care that they didn't want to remake H3 and innovate, a classic refurbished H3 (with the original game modes) couldn't have been worse than this situation. I know this is not the official site, but I've been wiating for years now, and still can't get what I was hoping for, so even this site would have banned me haha for being rude! Anyway, it's good to see I'm not alone. I'll fix my 360 and get back on this forum and hopefully find some BTB players for H3. Thanks again for the help. Saaaab

I did the research but as some players were saying hey it works for me no problem I assumed after a year that indeed it was "fixed". Only when I saw the "data" bug did I google it and find this problem. Also if customers need to browse through pages of sites concerning game problems, how can you trust a company. I posted the issues on Halo waypoint as well. Not that they can do anything since I can only return my console within a week so I can't wait for them to "fix" MCC. This just doesn't make sense and you can research all you want, the Halo MCC multi has muli-ple bugs which is not normal 10 years after Bungie made a quasi flawless game.

• Like 1

^

I do totally agree with you, Mcc is in an unacceptable state and with the way things are now I am almost 100 percent sure will remain a broken game for the rest of its wretched existence. And that's sad, especially after almost a whole year.

You know what makes it worse? Because they knew, there is no way this stuff slipped past testing. Ms and 343 knew full well they were releasing a broken game and they did anyway. So I don't blame people for still being angry about it.

Lets just hope it never happens again. :)

• Like 1

Yep Caboose, it's totally unacceptable. It's like selling a car with no motor and telling people to deal with it until the next car is out that won't have a motor either. The most amazing is that people still believe in this whole Halo business. All they got to do is promise something with the word Halo in it and sales are made! I just bought my Xbox One 5 days ago so, yes I'm very angry and I have every right to be when I was plainly lied to and my money stolen by thieves. Anyway, I'm getting my money back tomorrow, MCC patch or no patch, retrocompatibility or no, Halo5 or no, imo people need to wake up and boycott this. Mm, wait I heard Halo6 was gonna be the bomb, maybe I'll trust them again, no but seriously, wtf is all this about?

• Like 1

What's it about? Ultimately, profit and ambition. :)

Mcc was too ambitions for its own good and with a tight deadline the project was bound to be a disaster from the start.

I mean when the game first came out everyone defended the game with the statement. "It will be fixed by Christmas" Yet, it was not and in some cases it got worse.

Not only that but at this point is been several months without a patch telling us indirectly. "This game is never going to be fixed and we really don't care"

For so many players this game is still unplayable and the problem is, hardly anyone talks about. Mcc has been swept under the rug, forgotten and its tarnish-meant of the Halo franchise has been swallowed up by the irrational Halo 5 hype.

Even I don't understand how people can still have 100 percent faith in 343 to deliver, but to be honest I hope they do deliver.

• Like 1

Yeah it's incredible. Imo, Bungie greatly succeeded in touching people's hearts with a superb multi FPS and MS knows are profiting from this.Too bad 343 were pressured to release a broken MCC cause the idea was great although too ambitious as you stated. Bungie's H123 made Halo a legendary game and although it's hard to understand, i think people still got the love for this series despote multiple frustrations, i hang on to the good memories on H3 . I'm all for trying new spartan tricks like running etc... but it would be nice to also have a classic product that works simply and surely. If they wanted to destroy Halo this is the way to go. Me too I'll wait for Halo5 and then, only if it works as any game should, Ill consider getting it with the Xbox one, i mean it is Xbox's flagship game, c'mon!?! Anyway if feels good to discuss this Caboose thanks.

• Like 1

I don't believe I've ever seen a console game go broken and unplayable for a complete YEAR!

For this to be a Halo game (which are normally of the utmost quality)..... this is especially unacceptable.

Just an FYI, I contacted Amazon for a return and was given a full refund (gotta love Amazon's Customer Service Department), and also reported the defective product.  It will likely not make a difference, but it is the right thing to do.

I have played every Halo FPS game since Combat Evolved, and they have always been amazing with Bungie running it. Unparalleled quality of storyline, visuals and audio, as well as such a memorable soundtrack.  While Halo 4 wasn't exactly up-to-par in my opinion, 343 earned my respect in seeming competent enough to handle such an established franchise.

My gut instinct tells me M$ is the one to blame for this abomination of a release.  To get it out by the end of the year, I have all ideas that it was not 343's choice to go with its current state at the time.  343 likely reported it as not ready, but M$ probably threatened legal action based on their contract, instead of understanding the issues at hand.

Having said that, I DO place the onus on 343 to make it right and fix the glaring issues in the forefront, and to fix them quickly.

To that end, both M$ and 343 have lost my respect and trust as a long-time customer, and I will no longer continue to support either of them in the future.  It is the only logical conclusion that I can come up with.

I can only hope that others will uphold the same standard of morals and values. However, in today's day-and-age, it is not something I will expect.

• Like 1