Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

No, Microsoft is not to blame for deadlines or their teams lack of development skill. The blame goes to 343 for not having the resources and talent to work with the utter incompitant deverlopers that were contracted to do MCC.

Even Bungue knew that if HCEA was not monityored and lacked direct deverlopment, that it would have failed. But Bungiue had both talent and proper resources to be able to work on all their projects and pump out a fantastic title.

343 needs not only better leadership from both MGS and internall team wise, but it also needs to aquire serious talent and passion for Halo. 343 casn talk to me all they want about being a team of people passionate about Halo. In the end, their products don't produce nor ressrmvle said supposrd passion. Hell, I could run circles around half their development team on my free time from my full time job.

^
Check above. :)

"
A few months ago, my 9 year old 360 broke down which was fine after 9 years. In August, I bought thermal paste to fix the 360 but then thought that it was about time to buy the new Xbox One with Halo MCC which did promise Halo3 as in the "old days" with BTB. I got a new TV set on purpose and confident that this was the "ONE" (no pun intended), got the MCC bundle. I got eveything set up, downloaded the MCC for 4 days, last night I finally get to 100%, click the multi and bam, I get the pop up "downloading Mactchmaking data...". So I can only play Campaing which is useless btw as I have all 4 Halo Titles on the 360. I only bought it to play BTB H3.So this is the 4th disappointment with the series. I can't really tell you how I feel about the whole Halo franchise, as I would get banned, but I am utterly appalled at what's happening. I tried all the troubleshooting available on the internet, didn't see any responses by 343 on this issue. So I am stuck with a new game with a multi that doesn't work. With all the threads on MCC being buggy, I was expecting some issues but not a broken multi altogether. I hadn't read any threads on this "matchmaking data" bug until I googled it or wouldn't even had bothered (would you?).Then, I read that H5 was due in November with promises of arena slayer and BTB. Rumors go that 343 are concentrating on that implying that MCC bugs aren't their priority anymore. There is also the hope of the retrocompatibility of H3 and other games in "november" or at the "end of the year" but will it work? Will MCC ever be fixed?"

That's a pretty valid viewpoint me thinks. Especially if your an Aussie.

Fishy, I bought MCC but never could go past the "Multiplayer data dowloading" pop up so could only access campaign I don't play. I waited 1 year to make sure bugs were fixed for MCC so when H5 is released I have 0 faith it'll work bugless so will wait. At least H3 multi still works for me. I'm in France. I wonder how you can say H5 works already as it is not released yet. 

Fishy, I bought MCC but never could go past the "Multiplayer data dowloading" pop up so could only access campaign I don't play. I waited 1 year to make sure bugs were fixed for MCC so when H5 is released I have 0 faith it'll work bugless so will wait. At least H3 multi still works for me. I'm in France. I wonder how you can say H5 works already as it is not released yet.

Because I played the beta and it worked just fine. If any game has a beta and the beta is beta is better than the actual game. That's sad.

Also, then what was the point of getting MCC though? Majority bought it for Halo 2 anniversary. I know I did, because that's what reeled me in.

However, I'm sure customs work just fine. You could play with friends there on Halo 3. You still earn achievements in customs. The only thing you're not getting is rank.

However I'll be the bearer of bad news. Even if you played BTB, your chances of Halo 3 are one of the lowest. Because here's how majority votes go as far as I played BTB.

H2A > Halo: Combat Evolved > Halo 4 > Halo 3 > Halo 2

• Like 1

^

Not just Halo 2 annivery you know?

I mean wasn't one of the main marketing points.....

"Play all four of Master chief's adventures in 1080 60fps"

Aside from H2a, all four Halo games was also a big marketing stunt for the game.

Too bad it kinda backfired since its pretty obvious the game was just too ambitious for its own good and pushed 343 wayyyyy beyond their limits.

I feel the game would have been fine if it was just H2a..... :)

Ah ok, the beta, forgot about it, does it have a playable multi? I couldn't do customs as i know no one for playing. So i returned the One cause i only play halo. Yeah, btb bas been dead on H3 360 for years hence my disappointment with MS and 343 but social slayer was always busy up til avfew months when my 360 broke. I'm pretty sure it's still busy. Thanks for the intérêts. C U guys

^

Not just Halo 2 annivery you know?

I mean wasn't one of the main marketing points.....

"Play all four of Master chief's adventures in 1080 60fps"

Aside from H2a, all four Halo games was also a big marketing stunt for the game.

Too bad it kinda backfired since its pretty obvious the game was just too ambitious for its own good and pushed 343 wayyyyy beyond their limits.

I feel the game would have been fine if it was just H2a..... :)

How would you know Caboose? You have no personal experience to share other than what you see and hear. You never even played the beta. Let alone own an Xbox One and MCC

Ah ok, the beta, forgot about it, does it have a playable multi? I couldn't do customs as i know no one for playing. So i returned the One cause i only play halo. Yeah, btb bas been dead on H3 360 for years hence my disappointment with MS and 343 but social slayer was always busy up til avfew months when my 360 broke. I'm pretty sure it's still busy. Thanks for the intérêts. C U guys

Yes. Multiplayer worked well for the beta. There was bugs, but that's the point of having a beta. As for customs, this site plays them whenever we can. So I see you joined a little too late. Lol.

• 1 month later...

Fix customization. Armor Customization in Halo MCC is way too basic. I want to be able to have the same customization as I did in Halo Reach. Speaking of Reach, add that to MCC too. Reach has way more involvement in the Halo series than ODST does and ODST is on there. Add Reach too!!!

• Like 1

How would you know Caboose? You have no personal experience to share other than what you see and hear. You never even played the beta. Let alone own an Xbox One and MCC

Yes. Multiplayer worked well for the beta. There was bugs, but that's the point of having a beta. As for customs, this site plays them whenever we can. So I see you joined a little too late. Lol.

I played the beta and have played Mcc. :)

So I guess take that...... I may not own an Xbox one or have the intention of getting one but I have put some hours into the games.

• 2 weeks later...

Just don't get why they don't focus on fixing it. Really because of halo 5 is same ranking as reach I'm done with halo. Mcc can be the best if they just fix that and also fix how when you're level 24 you go against teams of 50's. We need bungie!

Just don't get why they don't focus on fixing it. Really because of halo 5 is same ranking as reach I'm done with halo. Mcc can be the best if they just fix that and also fix how when you're level 24 you go against teams of 50's. We need bungie!

They don't fix it because Mcc is no longer profitable, Halo 5 is. It sucks I know but that's how business works sadly. As there is a reason Mcc had such bad sales and it was because it was broken at launch so Halo 5 needs to be almost perfect to get good sales. So it makes business sense to focus on that to make Halo 5 perfect rather than try and fix a broken game that is not going to make Ms anymore money.

As for the ranking system you are completely wrong, the Halo 5 ranking system is more like Halo 3 than Halo Reach.

Go check out this article P34nut made to get the full details on the Halo 5 ranking system. http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/41752-halo-5-csr-explained/ :)

It looks pretty similar to halo reach. Arena and division. And seasons. Idk just miss the basic shooting games with the good leveling systems. Old halo 3 and 2 were perfect.

Untrue, the Halo 2 and 3 ranking systems had lots of problems. :)

As did the game's themselves too not just the ranking system.

I suggest you look at this thread and read the post posted by Azaxx. It includes all my points and just explains them better far better than I ever could. 

So go check it out and still try and say Halo 3 and 2 were perfect. http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/41650-343-just-doesnt-get-it-1-50-ranking-made-halo/

Halo 3 and 2 were just perfect games in general the game play was by far the best. Now it's all bulky and graphic as hell. But the ranking system was just fine in my opinion. This whole ranking system now is like reach and league of legends.. We don't need division ranks people just want a number

Halo 3 and 2 were just perfect games in general the game play was by far the best. Now it's all bulky and graphic as hell. But the ranking system was just fine in my opinion. This whole ranking system now is like reach and league of legends.. We don't need division ranks people just want a number

It is like the Halo 3/2 system but there is different tiers that replace numbers. Its not that different and is oh so much better as Azaxx explained in that topic I linked you too. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really need to do something about the people that quit games. Like a temp ban...one that increases.

OT: also...the saddest part is that 343 knows there is a large group of people that refuse to give them any more money because of MCC...a large quantity of that group also realize that pushing these old Halo games is the only way 343 could convince them to buy the Xbone...we'd all be on PS4s if it wasn't for 343 flashing someone else's good old games in our faces...

• Like 1