^

Technology to do what?

Sprint?! :D

So what, if a Spartan cannot run, who gives a damm if he cannot carry more than 2 weapons?!

Gameplay reasons everyone.....

Because I think it's damn time Spartans feel like Spartans: even if it's not entirely close to the canonical representation.

And you can carry 3 weapons: A detached turret, and 2 guns. You could also just pick up whatever gun is laying around, and ditch your guns.

^

Im not sure if you being sarcastic or actually being serious...

If you are being serious.... :) ( Fine smart guy..... four weapons )

What?! gameplay reasons..... so what if things like that don't make sense, sure they don't feel exactly like you would think Spartans would, but we must sacrifice elements like that for the sake of good balanced gameplay.

^

Im not sure if you being sarcastic or actually being serious...

If you are being serious.... :) ( Fine smart guy..... four weapons )

What?! gameplay reasons..... so what if things like that don't make sense, sure they don't feel exactly like you would think Spartans would, but we must sacrifice elements like that for the sake of good balanced gameplay.

Why would you want to carry 4 weapons? Let alone 3? We've gotten this far with just 2 weapons, and I haven't seen anyone complain that that was too low (except you).

And I am being serious.

^

No think about it....

Dual magnums on both sides, with a Br and Dmr on the back and a Lightrifle in a Spartans hands.

I mean.. why does a Spartan not do that, at least the dual pistols thing......

But for the sake of gameplay that cannot happen. :)

Perhaps you see my point now, no?

Well if your gonna be super technical then, how does a Spartan even know that Covenant Weapons and Forerunner Weapons are actually magnetic?  And megents or not, if you had a rifle attached to your back and you were sprinting and running and jumping around, the rifle aint stayin put.

• Like 1

^

No think about it....

Dual magnums on both sides, with a Br and Dmr on the back and a Lightrifle in a Spartans hands.

I mean.. why does a Spartan not do that, at least the dual pistols thing......

But for the sake of gameplay that cannot happen. :)

Perhaps you see my point now, no?

He'd be armed to the teeth. To me that looks a little unprofessional. How is he supposed to change weapons without fumbling and dropping some of them? If he want's to dual wield the Pistols, but is carrying a LightRifle... where's he going to put the LightRifle? He'd have to drop it.

And yes I do get your point. For the sake of gameplay something like that wouldn't normally happen, but it can. I said "...even if it's not entirely close to the canonical representation", which I meant the gameplay limitations keep the Spartans from being canonical Spartans. But I think there's room to allow more connection between gameplay and canon.

Well that part about what Halo always been before reach is technical.. Back then u dident have the technoligy to do such things, games chance with the technoligy play or leave.

I have left the Halo franchise.  Don't try to cite technology with me, you know nothing of what the Blam! engine version in halo 1-3 was capable of.  The technology was there, the desire to implement it wasn't.

I have left the Halo franchise.  Don't try to cite technology with me, you know nothing of what the Blam! engine version in halo 1-3 was capable of.  The technology was there, the desire to implement it wasn't.

Well its also an improvment, LoL,Dota,WoW,BF,AC,GTA and so many more games chance. Why u may ask? Cuz whats the fun in playing the same thing over and over? If u fear chance that much maybe u should lock yourself into your bedroom cuz the world is constantly chancing and u dont want that to happend do u? Have fun with the cavemans trying to reinvent the fire.

Really?  Lolwut?!?  Wow, Dota, GTA and AC are of no concern here.  We are talking FPS, not MMO or a mix hybrid.  How do you think CoD or BF or Crysis players would feel, if all the sudden after 14 years, they decided to use instant scope masks for precision weapons only, and no other weapon had an ADS?

The population would throw a fit.  Why?  Not because they are changing to improve the game, but they are changing attributes to the game in which everyone has been groomed to use and quite honestly is not a broken feature.

And don't talk down to me kid.  I'm not afraid of change, I embrace it.  But I do not embrace change that fundamentally shakes or shapes an object or subject in matter in such a way, that it becomes indistinguishable between other items.  if it isn't broken why fix it?  Let me guess, you also see nothing wrong with the shift to Common Core mathematics?

• Like 1

I can't wait to get into the beta coming this December. It'll be a good chance for me to see with my own eyes everything 343i has in store for Halo.

I like how Halo is starting to change into something that retains that competitive feel, all while making us feel like real spartans. Clamber is something neat I never thought I'd see in a Halo game, as well as the new Smart Scope, Ground pound, slide, and the shoulder charge. It's also crazy how Sprint has been completely balanced. Looks like my prey won't be running anymore. >:D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a lot of information, great job Elf!!

Like: Major updates in graphics, maps, and gameplay

Dislike: Not at all like Halo. I might be wrong, but I can't find a single thing that is the same from previous games. It's looking a lot like COD or other first person shooter games, it's just not Halo anymore. It looks like they're focusing everything on multiplayer, not on campaign, forge, etc. I know it's a Beta, but I hopr they seriously improve on it.

Of course there is maps, weapons, armor, etc. but I mean there is too many features being added

You can add as many features as you want as long as they are balanced, and can fit with what Halo already does best, which I think this game could do. The only thing that makes adding features bad is if they don't fit the system (which is still undertermined. A lot of people say some features shown do not fit the system.), or are not executed properly. We will find out in due time about which direction these changes have swirled the game to.

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I watched gameplays on youtube,but the way you're posting all the info is really awesome.Seriously :thumbsup:

Those screenshots and gameplays wants me to buy Xbox One as soon as possible,but I just bought Xbox 360 haha :laughing:

I think I will be waiting a year or two to buy Xbox One and have it together with my beautiful Xbox 360 :)

Guest please add reach

Adding halo reach multiplayer

Since 343i released news that they would release "halo 3 odst" for free for the mcc multiplayer woes. I couldnt help but wish they added my and many others favorite halo "halo Reach" to the collection. I would be willing to spend $25 and upward for this edition.

If 343i decided to do this they would have successfully gave halo a permanent home on xbox one and breath new life into all halos.

I only got to play the beta for about an hour, but from that hour I thought it looked and felt like a great game. Only problems with it is that I didn't like the aiming on it and also I wasn't a fan of the kill cam. I always liked Halo for it's aiming, it was different from other games and had a good feel to it. Apart from that though, great game and enjoyed playing. Can't wait to play it again.