Ask The Director 2.0

Wabajack or Ebony Blade?

Wabajack is more fun. Not to mention that the Ebony Blade, while being strong, is not nearly as strong as the weapons I have crafted. Daedric Axes with 4789 damage for the win.

tumblr_n595yu7hPr1tq4mibo1_500.jpg

No thanks.

What is your opinion on Evolve so far?

It looks like a pretty decent game so far, and it's got a lot of potential. I can't wait to see what else they do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wort wort wort? Blarg wort, worty blarg blarg honk? Blarg honk, b-blarg honk wort. Wortish blargish honk. Blargety blarg blarg wort. Wort?

Honk.

What color are mirrors? 

Ooooh. This is a great question with an unexpected answer. See, most mirrors are depicted as being silver (because very early forms of mirrors were actually polished silver or steel) but they aren't silver. There's two actual answers here.

First answer:

A perfect mirror reflects all light that hits it, meaning that technically it is the color of whatever you are using it to reflect. So, it can be true to say that a perfect mirror is every color.

Second answer:

Most mirrors are not perfect, and actually have a greenish tinge. So they can be said that they are green.

If you had to be stuck on a horrible site for 48 hours, which would it be?

A. Reddit

B. Tumblr

C. 4Chan

4Chan 4/lyf/

What are your thoughts on the new Five Nights at Freddy's trailer? 

Well, the first game was fun and exciting for 20 minutes. Looks like this one could be fun and exciting for a whole hour!

if you had to rate my awesomeness on a scale of 1-5  with 1 being not awesome and 5 being totally awesome what would the rate it?

A solid 4.

Is there anything that can escape a black hole?

Yes and no... You see, some matter does come out of a black hole in a process known as Hawking Radiation. I could explain it in more detail, but this post would be extremely long and most of it would go right over people's heads. So yes, matter can 'escape' a black hole, but not in the way that the term escape actually implies. See, if you were to fall into a black hole, pieces of your atoms may eventually make it out, but not attached to any of your other atoms. So your basic components would be able to 'escape', as it were, but you wouldn't.

Can you make an scary voice?

I sure can.

Was the Moon Landing faked?

No. http://www.firstmenonthemoon.com/

What do you think of my new signature? 

I like it, it's got some subtle elements to it but also kind of an 'yeah this is here' quality to it.

Do you think there will ever be another Bourne movie that Paul Greengrass will wright/direct again with Matt Damon in it?

If I remember right Paul Greengrass and Mat Damon have already confirmed they'll be making another one that should release in 2016.

if you could be a pirate or a cowboy what would you be and why?

If we're talking about old pirates (i.e. the Caribbean days) and old cowboys (the wild west days) then I'd definitely choose pirate, because I've always wanted to command an old-fashioned sailing vessel. If we're talking about pirates and cowboys these days, then I'd choose cowboys because I have nothing in common with Somalian pirates. lol

• Like 3

What is your favorite moment in any game, game period (anything considered a game to further simplify), and why is it your favorite?

What are your personal thoughts on Halo 5 from what you've seen and/or experienced yourself?

If I punched a sheep, would it hurt the sheep or would the coat protect it? (not a forceful punch, but not a weak one)

In back to the future, why does the delorean need to get to 88mph to travel through time? 

The real reason is because it looked good on displays and was easy to remember (for the actors). The canon reason given was that one would have to be travelling at precisely 88mph to be able to travel through the wormhole, due to it's instability. If you went faster, you would reach the wormhole before it fully opened and the front of the car would be ripped to pieces. If you were going too slow then the wormhole would close before the entire car was through, shearing off the rear of the vehicle and likely parts of the people inside. 

What is your favorite moment in any game, game period (anything considered a game to further simplify), and why is it your favorite?

What are your personal thoughts on Halo 5 from what you've seen and/or experienced yourself?

If I punched a sheep, would it hurt the sheep or would the coat protect it? (not a forceful punch, but not a weak one)

1. Halo 2, Sergeant Avery Johnson's speech while delivering the scorpion tank. I enjoyed that moment the most because it was different for every difficulty, and because it was hilarious on every difficulty. It was a nice little touch to an already awesome game.

2. I haven't seen much about it, because I do not have an Xbone and therefor cannot play the beta, so when I get H5 I would prefer to have a new experience without the bias of expectations given to me by others who have played the beta.

3. A weak punch shouldn't hurt the sheep. They aren't exactly delicate animals, and wool is pretty fluffy in it's natural state, so the sheep should barely even notice the impact.

• Like 2

Okay Director, will Half Life 3 ever be confirmed? If so what would you want the game to be like?

As of right now, Half Life 3 and Half Life 2 Episode 3 are vaporware. Valve has been dropping hints since 07 that they're working on it, but it's been about 8 years since a Half Life release. There's absolutely no official word that the games are even in development. There's easter eggs and unofficial announcements up the wazoo, but absolutely nothing concrete that can give us hope of a future HL release. Unfortunately, there's also nothing official saying they aren't going to do a HL3 or HL2E3 so we continue to have our hopes up. HL2E2 ended on a massive cliffhanger, so it would be great to get some closure.

However, I think one of the problems is Steam. Valve may very well not have the resources to maintain Steam (their primary source of income) as well as develop a game like HL3. Right now Steam is the most popular way to buy digital copies of games for computers, but if they don't maintain it then one of the Steam-clones may take it's place. Origin, for instance, would be nearly guaranteed to make a huge move to try to steal Valve's customers. So one of the challenges they face with developing a high end game would be maintaining the staff to support Steam while having a full on dev crew. Both of these are pretty expensive, and there's a chance that HL3 or HL2E3 wouldn't be as popular as it's predecessors.

Another problem would be the actual development and storyline. The first Half Life had a decent story, but it wasn't exactly the most in depth story around. Half Life 2 took the storyline to a 'whole nutha level', which was only enhanced by HL2E1 and E2. So there would be a lot of pressure to create a storyline for HL3 or HL2E3 that would knock quite a few socks off. Which is pretty difficult to do. Not to mention that at this point HL3 and HL2E3 have to be the MOST desired sequels on the face of the Earth, meaning expectations are massive. If Valve comes out with a stinker for HL3, the outcry will probably result in the most angry neck-beards at one point in time since SOPA. So there is a lot of pressure on the development of this game.

All in all, I would be surprised if we see an announcement for HL3 or HL2E3 any time soon. Valve does not need to release another Half Life game to stay afloat, and they have plenty of fans as is. They probably see it as they'd potentially lose more fans than gain them if they did release a HL3. Eventually, though, I think we will see one. Probably after the 10th anniversary of HL2E2.

As for what I'd like to see in it, I'd like to see HL3 bring the Half Life series to a close. Almost a third of my life has been spent awaiting the sequel to HL2E2, which ended on a cliffhanger. I would like to finally see the story be wrapped up, and I'd love a happy ending to it.

Do you like pie? If not, what is classified as you're favorite dessert?

I like Key Lime and Pumpkin pie, and sometimes have craving for other pies. My favorite dessert, however, is tied between Reese's style ice-cream and chocolate pudding.

Are you still learning who you are?

Also what would be your favourite animal that you would want to reincarnate as?

I've always known who I am, but who I am is subject to change depending on many variables. I think it's this way for most people as well.

The animal I would like to reincarnate as would definitely be a Homo Sapiens. There's no other animal that has the potential to alter it's environment as dramatically as the human being, and I am partial to having opposable thumbs.

• Like 3