Ask The Director 2.0

Okay then lets see if you can do this without google..... bing etc :)

During the game Knights of the old republic the player infiltrates a sith academy. In order to graduate you must earn enough prestige. While going inside the Tomb of Marka Ragnos to get more prestige. The player encounters a rogue assassin droid. The assassin droid asks the player to help deactivate his safe guards and destroy his assassination protocols.

"Cognitive Systems"
"Combat Matrix"
"Sensory Systems Matrix"
"Cognitive Systems"
"Emotional Construct Matrix"
"Creative Simulation Matrix"
"Motor Function Matrix"
"Memory matrix"

In what order should you shut these safeguards down so you can destroy his assassination protocols?

Edited by Emperor Caboose

We try pretty hard not to have religious discussions here on the site. Primarily because they all seem to turn ugly rather quickly. Also, I'm an antitheist, so Jesus Christ isn't my lord nor savior.

*puts foot between door*

Okay then lets see if you can do this without google..... bing etc :)

During the game Knights of the old republic the player infiltrates a sith academy. In order to graduate you must earn enough prestige. While going inside the Tomb of Marka Ragnos to get more prestige. The player encounters a rogue assassin droid. The assassin droid asks the player to help deactivate his safe guards and destroy his assassination protocols.

"Cognitive Systems"

"Combat Matrix"

"Sensory Systems Matrix"

"Cognitive Systems"

"Emotional Construct Matrix"

"Creative Simulation Matrix"

"Motor Function Matrix"

"Memory matrix"

In what order should you shut these safeguards down so you can destroy his assassination protocols?

Firstly, Marko Ragnos. Secondly, THE Sith Academy on Korriban.

Secondly, I have logged over 300 hours into KotOR. The answer is Combat Matrix, Motor Function Matrix, Sensory Systems Matrix, Memory Matrix, Cognitive Systems, Emotional Construct Matrix, Creative Simulation Matrix, and then the droid shuts down it's core. If you mess up, then you need to have points invested in repair to reset it. More times you mess up the harder it gets. Once you do this you can either blow up the droid or erase it's assassination programming. Blowing it up is a dark side move, deleting the program is a light side move.

Or you can skip the puzzle and just destroy the bot.

*puts foot between door*

*opens door, kicks your genitalia, shuts door again*

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

If there is an unstoppable force, then by definition there is no such thing as an immovable object. If there is an immovable object, then by definition there is no such thing as an unstoppable force. So, they could not meet.

• Like 1

Can I sit in the front seat?

Only if it's okay with the driver.

Human thought requires language, language requires thought, so my question is which one came first? Language or thought?

Thought does not require language, so obviously thought came first.

The reason you think in sentences is because our brains have evolved to do so. Earlier people, those without language, thought in images or feelings. Similar to the way animals think.

Nice try at a deep question though.

What came first...

The Chicken or the egg? :)

The egg came before the modern chicken, because that's how the modern chicken would have had to be born. That being said, there is probably an earlier form of chicken that laid that egg. So on and so forth.

So, how exactly does a language form from thoughts that rely entirely on images? How does someone think about things they have not seen if they cannot describe those things?

Okay, so it's pretty apparent that I'm going to have to explain to you not only how language works, but also how the human mind works at some length.

Language doesn't form from thoughts, it forms from the desire for outward communication. If there were no need for outward communication among humans, then we wouldn't have a language, and we would think in terms of images rather than words. In other words, if you thought of a red cape you would think of the color red rather than the word red and the shape of the cape rather than the cape itself.

Interestingly enough, this is evidenced by a type of Autism. Autism effects the persons social and communication skills to the point where the person doesn't even try to learn any languages. A decent number of them never do, either. Instead, they sit in their "own little worlds" and do things such as play video games or draw. This proves that they do have the ability to think, as such tasks would be impossible without that ability, without having learned any forms of communication. There are quite a few people who have Autism who are pretty gifted when it comes to painting or drawing as well.

One of the reasons this may be is because they do not think with words like you and I do. They think with images. So when they think of a dog, their brain holds an image of the dog which they can then translate to the paper by drawing. When WE think of a dog, we think of the descriptive words for the dog and attempt to translate those to the paper using techniques for shaping.

• Like 1

Why does 343 try to be like call of duty?

They don't. That's a massive generalization that doesn't do your argument justice. 343i was trying to incorporate things into Halo that were massively popular in CoD, and the reason they did that (and this will blow your mind) is because people were actually asking for it.

I kid you not. People have been asking for killcams since Halo 2. People have been asking for insta-spawn since H3. If Bungie still has their Halo forums archived, you can go back and actually see a few dozen threads with people talking about how Halo should have these things.

Battlefront 3 or just Battlefront ( ugh official title! ) ( the one being made by Dice ) is confirmed to be a first person only game not third person what are your thoughts on this? :)

I don't really mind it. I generally played the first two in FPS unless I was scanning for targets, and these days TPS can't be played competitively without some ingenious cover systems. TPS in multiplayer makes it difficult to sneak or snipe because you can see people trying to sneak and you can see the sniper shot and exactly where it's coming from.

Thank you for proving my point! If you you want call of duty features play call of duty!

Which brings me to my next question. Why does the majority of the halo community want those featurs? I mean halo was great with out and now it just doesn't have the same feel. Maybe I am just the one with bad taste