Ask The Director 2.0

What should one do to help their roommate overcome their addiction to Pokemon?

Also where can one hide 11 Luigi cutouts in said roommate's room?

1. You cannot help someone overcome an addiction unless they want to be helped with an addiction. If it truly is a problem, which it can indeed be, then you can try holding an intervention to try to get them to see that it is indeed a problem.

2. I do not have a floor plan of your roommate's room on hand so I'll simply suggest the most common hiding places. Closets, drawers, corners, crannies, windows, mirrors, pillows, etc. You can even try taping one to the ceiling.

Hey director I'm here to challenge to little game I like to call rocket slayer! It is a 1v1 me and you. Lets do this! This is going to be like an explosive slaughter pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you can choose what ever map want but what is your gamer tag?

I'm good. Can't really play much multiplayer anymore. Sorry. If you're trying for the beat a mod award, you can ask GSD or Azaxx.

What is the meaning of life?

But seriously, what made you choose the name The Director?

A machine once told us that it was 42.

I chose the name The Director because it suited me, and it's from my favorite Machinama, Red vs Blue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Which brand of thongs do you prefer to wear, and in what color? :troll:

I don't wear flip-flops nor women's underwear nor tools used for gripping.

^

Can I ask what mental state you are currently in?  :D

No, you cannot ask other people questions in the Ask The Director thread. You can only ask me questions.

Is being right or left handed genetic? Both my parents are lefties but I'm

right handed. Is it just that being left handed is a recessive gene?

Lol it does seem to be genetic, but it isn't necessarily hereditary. See, your genes compile themselves to favor certain sides of your body, and that doesn't necessarily have much to do with your parents. In other words, there are genes that control whether you are right handed or left handed, right brained or left brained, and even whether you have one ear/cheek/breast/leg/arm larger than the other, but these genes sometimes mutate in a way that doesn't happen with other members of your family. Scientists haven't pinpointed exactly which gene causes left and right handedness, but it's currently thought to be linked to the very same genes that cause asymmetry in the body.

Why am I nocturnal? I have no energy in the morning but I'm full of energy at night

I'm the same way. Science is still trying to find whether there is something wrong with people who seem to be naturally nocturnal (i.e. whether it's natural or an actual disorder) and have begun to believe that it may just be that people who sleep during the day and are awake at night have different Circadian Rhythms than most. 

There are a ton of 'self help' things on how to stop being nocturnal, but I've tried everything and find that I'm better rested if I sleep during the day than if I sleep at night. I've been this way since I was just a child. 

This doesn't mean that I cannot sleep at night, as that is considered insomnia, it just means that when I go to sleep at 9 pm and wake up at 6 am I feel very groggy and feel as if I didn't sleep at all. The hours that I sleep that are best for me are usually from 7 am to 3 pm.

• 4 weeks later...

Since bungie doesn't own halo reach anymore do you mind If I could hack the game and get everything.....or you or 343i could hack my profile and give me everything.....please, no one plays halo reach that much anymore

This is a community forum, and is run by the community for the community. As such, no one here (myself included) works for 343i. So no, I don't mind if you hack the game and get everything, but I can't guarantee that 343i/Microsoft won't.

Gray-Mane or Battle-Born?

Depends on my playthrough. Usually Gray-Mane though, due to the Battle-Born working for the damn elves.