The Sniper of 343i.org

Is not JL

Things are getting interesting in this forum metrupolis.

The part with Elite Sniper was hilarious. But the interrogation scene at the end, that was really interesting. My guess would be the prisoner is Arbidder, but, obviously I can't be sure.

Thanks for the shout-out, by the way. Hopefully I haven't been doing more of "what NOT to do."

Am I the only one who's really hoping that the member in the suit is someone like Jester, AD, or Vitamin PWN gone bad at some point for some god known reason?

Well know that you put the idea in my head... Yes. I do to! :)

lol, randomness ftw

Not in this case.

As of now, effectively, all main character roles have been filled.

If you still wish to join in as a Guest Star, you will need to PM me a really good idea for how your character should fit in as well as your profile. The 'Bio' in the profile is effectively nulled for you guys - you may use it still in your profile, but it can't be "This guy was here, and there, and everywhere doing a bunch of cool stuff then came to 343iCF where he/she now vows to hunt the sniper." It'll have to be a lot more specific to the present day of the story.

Don't worry. Your chances of being in the story is still the same as all the others - being 100%. It's just that if you don't spark a good idea within the writer to put you into the story, then you'll end up as more of a cameo, simply because I don't want to clutter up everything with characters who are stale.

Those who got a PM for me asking if I could use their characters for something specific, you'll be appearing a bit later on. Thanks for accepting my request.

@Death Rhino Ubetrol, expect a small cameo of sorts soon.

@Gryffin Unless you reply to the PM, same as above.

Chapter 4: More than just the one

"You fool."

*Whack!*

"Gu-ah!" A cry came out within the darkness of the room (Why are most of the rooms in this story so dark? I mean, I'm cheerful as ever, but.....), following what sounded like a kick into a gut.

*Whack!* *Whack!* *Whack!*

Three more came, but this time, no cry of anguish, or grunt of pain came. Rather, the person on the floor simply clutched his stomach, slowly entering the fetal position. There wasn't any air within his lungs to make noise any more. It was impossible to breathe - no matter how much willpower he could master, it seemed as though his body had simply forgotten how to breathe.

For a moment, the kicking stopped. The being who had still been standing gave out a sigh.

"You used a bullet on a MoM, which you should have predicted would have had a side effect. Idiot."

The figure on the floor tried to muster a response, but all he could do was wheeze, before letting some of his spit drizzle out of his mouth. Looking at it - he saw traces of crimson - before he found himself flipped around, this time with a sudden and sore pain on his eyes. No longer did a groan suffice - the only thing that could be heard was an unmanly whimper.

"Shut up," the person standing up said without pity, "And don't ever spit on my things again. Ever."

Desperately, the figure on the ground nodded, even as he slowly began to pick himself up into a sitting, then kneeling position. Part of it was because he couldn't stand. Part of it was because he didn't dare stand up to the other person. And finally, part of it was because he needed to kneel, even as he quickly sent his head forwards to touch the floor.

"Please, forgive me! I promise, it won't ever happen-"

The standing figure made a smirking noise as he placed his foot onto the kneeling figure's head.

"Oh, no, it WON'T ever happen again. Make another mistake, and you will be the first subject of Beta. And then you will make no mistakes ever as you grab the second subject."

"Yes, sir. I swear it!"

"Who do you swear to?"

The kneeling figure mentioned the standing figure's name, swearing upon his everything to make sure the consequences of Beta didn't reach him.

"Good. Now go, get out of my sight. I've had enough troubles for today. So long as the plan is within correctable courses. And thankfully, because you banned Pbrabbit in time, it is."

And without a word, he turned around. The conversation was over, and the kneeling figure turned to leave, uttering a string of thanks as he clutched his stomachs in pain. The standing figure stared at the wall, which, once the kneeling figure had exited the room, promptly lit up with pure white holograms. The main screen was focused on a subject - a person, wearing Crimson armor over an inner suit. 

Recognizable.

Axilus Prime.

The standing figure smiled for a second, before promptly spinning to leave himself, the holograms shutting down as its user exited.

very very very pls discuss

also forgot to ask for filler, so soz.

Edited by JL - Lightning Blaze
  • Like 5

Chapter 5: Weapon of the Banned

Drizzy looked at Pbrabbit. Pbrabbit looked at Spyro. Spyro looked at Drizzy.

"So what now?" Drizzy asked first, immediately walling the two others from asking the same question. 

"You're the mod, I thought you'd be the one who'd knew. After all, you're the one who led us here," Spyro said to Drizzy. Pbrabbit nodded, simply trying to shift answering that god forsaken question to someone else.

Drizzy shrugged. "I have a vague understanding of how to move through the realm of the Banned, but never once do I actually know where we are. Spacetime is distorted, everything looks weird. If we were in Pokemon, this would be the Distortion world. Except there isn't a capitalized GIRATINA running around in a linear puzzle. This is a world, one which can't be mapped the normal way, and we're trying to find a single object within it."

"The Staff of Infinite Powers," Spyro said in wonder.

"Why was it stuck here?"

Again, Drizzy shrugged.

"To be honest, I'm not so sure myself. I vaguely remember that it had been Twam who had placed the Staff down here, but even the Staff is something that he could not master. It's an artefact that exists meta of the 343i.org subspace universe, something whose history predates and preludes us. But.....I can't really remember anyway. Thinking about it hurts my head, I assume from all the paradoxes."

He gave a faraway gaze to fit the context of the scene, before snapping back to reality with a snap of his fingers. 

"Anyways, lets ignore that topic for now. We have a choice - either explore this island, which may eventually turn out to be more a continent than an Island, what with the lands always moving and stuff, or we could try to fly off. But I do have a pressing issue at hand, and running away from it wouldn't help."

"What is it?" Pbrabbit asked, concerned. It wasn't every day that a staff said they had a pressing issue, even if they were banned. Although that may have been due to the fact that no staff had ever been banned. Or had issues.

Drizzy extended his palm, and began to channel his residual staff powers. White-blue energy cascaded off his fingertips like slow-mo waterfall, before he re-absorbed the energy with his other hand.

"This is the remaining energy from being staff. It's a fair fraction of what I originally had before I was banned, but now that I'm here, I'm slowly being drained of the power."

Spyro and Pbrabbit nodded. They could understand - even now, despite having moved very little, they felt like they had just taken a long hike - existing within the realm of the banned was exhausting. Drizzy was losing a lot more energy than they did. 

The purple dragon looked towards Drizzy. "And your moderator ring is gone. I assume it shattered when your position was revoked. That was the key, wasn't it? It held the energy, like a recharging battery."

Drizzy nodded. "In a way, yes. I can't explain everything because that would take too long, but simplified you could say that the ring was a recharging battery of moderator energy. Now, the recharging bit is gone, and my body is the conduit for the circuit of energy. It continuously flows within me, and doesn't stop. There isn't necessarily an exit within said circuit of energy, but like an electrical circuit's energy turning into thermal energy and being lost, my energy is being lost as well. I need to place what remains into something that can hold, trap, and use the moderator powers, similar to the ring, but it won't be recharging."

"And what object will you place it into?" Pbrabbit asked, though already he could guess the answer - they had to go look for something that worked.

"I don't know," Drizzy answered as he gestured with his hand to the expanse of the forest around them, "But I hope to see what I can find in this realm. The side effects of using a weapon from the realm of the banned excites me to, which is why I suggest simply walking inland. Any objections?"

Both Spyro and Pbrabbit shook their heads.

"Well then, lets go!" Drizzy said with enthusiasm before skipping through the forest, Pbrabbit and Spyro following. Under his breath, Spyro muttered, "Wow. That took a loooong time."

• Like 6

Another very short chapter, but interesting anyway.

So there is hope for the banned...sort of. Something tells me the staff isn't as simple as "find it, use it to escape, kill the sniper with it"

I can tell you that yes, it kind of is that simple.

The same way you would describe life as "Living, then death"

Also, dear readers, discuss Pls.