Halo 5 Idea

TDM

Halo 5 Idea  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this would be cool to have in Halo 5?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Hey everyone, While I was hanging out with some friends on the forum yesterday, I thought of a system for Halo 5, That may keep people interested.

So what this is, Is kind of like TF2 in a way, Ok... So here's what happens.

When your playing Halo 5, Your just walking around and killing enemies, Having a good time. Next thing you know, There is a notification in the bottom middle of you HUD. When you finish the game, You find out you picked up a  new Mark IV helmet. Or it can be the shoulders, Torso, Forearms, Legs, or Visor. Maybe it was a new weapon skin or armor skin! You see, When people play games, They like rewards. When you played Halo: Reach (if) and you saw the Mark V helmet, And you had to be a certain rank to get it, As well as a certain amount of credits. And how good did it feel to finally get it? Good? Well, Regardless. This can be a system that can keep people interested! I know I like getting rewards while playing games. There can even be a shop part of the menu, Where you can finish an armor set you just had a pick-up for, Or get the weapon or armor skin you've wanted! And with the ability to have updates without well... Updates sending you offline, They can always add things over time! It will be amazing!!

• Like 3

In my opinion the way Reach did the armor system was perfect, but Halo 4 added some interesting things with specializations and different armor pattern sets for the same piece. I think Reach's system is perfect and should be in the next Halo game but I do like this idea! I am now going to go to the steam workshop and see if there are any Halo items for TF2. 

• Like 1

I think the armour system could work like this: You need to unlock each armour piece, be it with credits (similar to Reach) or commendations (similar to Halo 4) and it should cost credits to buy the armour skin (again, similar to Halo Reach, except with skins instead of attachments), so it's basically combining the Reach credit system with the Halo 4 commendation and armour skin system.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, interesting idea. Can't say I'm a huge fan of it but I think it would be a nice addition, but I can't see it working out or ever happening. I think it should be simple, get 150 kills and unlock this armour piece or weapon skin. That's just me, your idea would be really interesting to see even if I'm not big on the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

So you're suggesting that we get active notifications when we unlock armour pieces in-game, rather than just having a 'New!' icon appear when we visit the armoury after we unlock it? This is actually a very good idea, perhaps as with achievements there could be a little bar which appears as you make progress toward it, showing how much further you have to go?

That said, I'm not particularly fond of the idea of using credits and ranks to unlock armour, as it seems like it would open the door for microtransactions and those are something I don't ever want to see in Halo. Instead I'd far rather see a system where armour is unlocked based on certain actions within the game - you finish the campaign on Legendary so you get classic Spartan armour, you shoot down a hundred enemy air vehicles while piloting an air vehicle yourself and so unlock pilot-themed armour, you kill two thousand enemy Spartans with headshots and unlock scout armour, you get two thousand kills with melees and unlock CQC armour, etc.

• Like 5

Maybe, like you said, you unlock it during the game, but maybe you should also earn credits. Like, the armor you unlock in the game has a special ability or looks cool, or you can buy the helmet with credits, regardless of your rank, but the version you buy doesn't have the special ability or doesn't look as cool, but can still be identified as the same helmet.

There has to be a way to upgrade your armor in Halo 5 not only in matchmaking but in campaign. The new classes for Halo 5 was perfect, but they didn't use it as well as they could. I say in the campaign you should have customizable classes with the perks and customizable armor. They could make it as if Master Chiefs armor is breaking so he needs to find new ones on the battlefield. You can't buy new armor, you have to find it. But, the armor you find gets broken too, so you spend your money you get on repairing the armor you have and getting new colors and attachments to it. Another thing they should do in Halo 5 is having Covenant, Promethean, and Flood enemies not only in campaign but in other modes too like forging them or them being in matchmaking. A cool thing they could do as a new matchmaking game type is base battle. Each team has their own unique base and has to destroy the other team's. There is also flags in each base and capturing it grants you a rocket launcher to help destroy the other base. To make it really challenging put the Covenant or Prometheans in they game and they try to destroy both bases. With those things, Halo 5 would be the best game of the year hands down.

• 2 weeks later...

So you're suggesting that we get active notifications when we unlock armour pieces in-game, rather than just having a 'New!' icon appear when we visit the armoury after we unlock it? This is actually a very good idea, perhaps as with achievements there could be a little bar which appears as you make progress toward it, showing how much further you have to go?

That said, I'm not particularly fond of the idea of using credits and ranks to unlock armour, as it seems like it would open the door for microtransactions and those are something I don't ever want to see in Halo. Instead I'd far rather see a system where armour is unlocked based on certain actions within the game - you finish the campaign on Legendary so you get classic Spartan armour, you shoot down a hundred enemy air vehicles while piloting an air vehicle yourself and so unlock pilot-themed armour, you kill two thousand enemy Spartans with headshots and unlock scout armour, you get two thousand kills with melees and unlock CQC armour, etc.

This.

Exactly this.

Hey everyone, While I was hanging out with some friends on the forum yesterday, I thought of a system for Halo 5, That may keep people interested.

So what this is, Is kind of like TF2 in a way, Ok... So here's what happens.

When your playing Halo 5, Your just walking around and killing enemies, Having a good time. Next thing you know, There is a notification in the bottom middle of you HUD. When you finish the game, You find out you picked up a  new Mark IV helmet. Or it can be the shoulders, Torso, Forearms, Legs, or Visor. Maybe it was a new weapon skin or armor skin! You see, When people play games, They like rewards. When you played Halo: Reach (if) and you saw the Mark V helmet, And you had to be a certain rank to get it, As well as a certain amount of credits. And how good did it feel to finally get it? Good? Well, Regardless. This can be a system that can keep people interested! I know I like getting rewards while playing games. There can even be a shop part of the menu, Where you can finish an armor set you just had a pick-up for, Or get the weapon or armor skin you've wanted! And with the ability to have updates without well... Updates sending you offline, They can always add things over time! It will be amazing!!

It sounds cool, but the Reach way was fine too.

Okay, So I've been reading the ideas and changes you guys have all had. And here is what I have made up in my head. So, In Big Team Battle, If they bring in the ability to have 64 players in a game, What should they add?

Well, I thought off a class called Juggernaut, Like support. When you team is losing, One of your team mates (And one only!!) Can switch to a juggernaut. This will upgrade his/her armor, Making a more protected look. They are also accompanied by a mini-gun as well. They are going to take a few hits to kill, Definitely.

Next, If 343i brings back Helmet/Wrist/Utility attachments, They should have a function. Like if you have a flashlight on your helmet, It can be toggled to be triggered in the dark, Or manually turned on. If you have shotgun shells on your wrist, You should be able to take them out and use them for your shotgun. And you should also be able to use utility packs (Lets use the med kit as an example) You can heal yourself or an ally with this, And the cool down rate would be three or four minutes.

Also, I think that if you have heavy armor on, You should be a little stronger. Not the same type of damage. Because if I ran out with juggernaut armor in real life and got shot in the head with a pistol and died, Would that make sense?

Tell me what you all think. Until then, See later! -TDM

Good ideas, I like some them. :) It would be really interesting to see how 343 would implement a more detailed multiplayer such as a 64 player BTB. I would also like to see a use for helmet attachments, wrists or utilities. It would be very different but could be the step in the right way to get Halo back on track. I would like to see some of these features if possible in the next Halo game, as long as 343 do it with out ruining the game. I personally liked Halo 4, but many others didn't.