Favorite Halo & Why?

JoyPra

Mine is Halo 2. The reason is simply because it was, to me, perfectly broken. With so many ways to get outside the maps, and so many easter eggs hidden outside the maps (in campaign) it provided quite a few hours of entertainment. Simply trying to find all the glitches is easily a 30+ hour thing, not to mention following the actual storyline of the game.

And then there was the multiplayer. A lot of people don't realize that Halo 2 was made when multiplayer was just first becoming a big deal on consoles. Taking that in mind, and comparing it to other games that were out at the time, it was really, really fun. Even playing splitscreen without X-Box live was pretty awesome. A lot of my best Halo memories come from Halo 2, and that's why it remains my favorite.

• Like 5

I'd have to say Halo: Reach.

Although I know that many dreaded this game for its completely different gameplay and added mechanics, I really enjoyed this game. I quite enjoyed playing with the HEAP of new things that game with the game, such as vehicles, weapons, the added armour abilities and most importantly - the evolutionary step for Forge.

Without Forge being what it was, I would not be here today. It was simply amazing, and opened up so many new opportunities for both Matchmaking and Custom Games. I found the Campaign quite enjoyable, with an emotional touch to it.

This game introduced me to a higher level of Forge and brought more new goodies for the community to play with than any other Halo game in my opinion. This is why I believe Halo: Reach to be my favourite Halo game.

• Like 3

Mine is Halo 2. The reason is simply because it was, to me, perfectly broken. With so many ways to get outside the maps, and so many easter eggs hidden outside the maps (in campaign) it provided quite a few hours of entertainment. Simply trying to find all the glitches is easily a 30+ hour thing, not to mention following the actual storyline of the game.

And then there was the multiplayer. A lot of people don't realize that Halo 2 was made when multiplayer was just first becoming a big deal on consoles. Taking that in mind, and comparing it to other games that were out at the time, it was really, really fun. Even playing splitscreen without X-Box live was pretty awesome. A lot of my best Halo memories come from Halo 2, and that's why it remains my favorite.

remember the golden warthog rumour I spent a long time trying to get it golden-warthog4.jpg ah good times

My favourite halo is halo reach the  forge , theatre , firefight , and a awesome campaign and muilplayer plus lots of armour customization.

Halo CE. It introduced us to an amazing universe, and the campaign was just the best. I love the sense of adventure, mystery and intensity. It kept me on the edge of my seat when playing through it, and I wanted to keep playing to find out what happened next. The reveal of the flood was just perfect as well.

• Like 1

mine is nice and simple Halo:CE because it was the original HALO not a Halo/COD hybrid

One must adapt to survive, the same goes for video games. Halo has to become more like COD to include competitive aspects and all that jazz. It's a necessity. Halo 4 isn't a COD Hybrid anyway, it's a lot worse than that. Halo has crappy vehicles that are easy to destroy and Halo 4 only has Ordnance Drops. 

There isn't anything that makes the Halo 4 Multiplayer special and desirable.

• Like 1

Think I might have to disagree with you there Overgravemind, how come you don't like Halo 4's multiplayer?

The only problem I can think is that the removed firefight but then  you've got Spartan ops which is another 25 hours of content? Oh actually the grinding in Spops is pretty awful, that is no fun, kill 750 crawler snipers and there's about 3 per level if you're lucky? no thank you.

I gotta say though nothing in Halo compares to the true sense of alone in the dark than I got from the ODST campaign, that was the best gameplay I've ever experienced. Period. 

One must adapt to survive, the same goes for video games. Halo has to become more like COD to include competitive aspects and all that jazz. It's a necessity. Halo 4 isn't a COD Hybrid anyway, it's a lot worse than that. Halo has crappy vehicles that are easy to destroy and Halo 4 only has Ordnance Drops. 

There isn't anything that makes the Halo 4 Multiplayer special and desirable.

that may be true but still what im mad about is they are losing touch of what HALO is supposed to be ya know yea it needs to adapt not conform and/or transform what game it is

Games should be what they were built for not for what they want to try and adapt

-_- all i know is that i hope Bungie really pulls thru with Destiny

im sure they will. 

also my favorite was halo reach the gamely and graphics and multiplayer were all good and forge stepped up a lot from halo 3. i just found it hard to forge. you would build this structure really well and be placing weapons or item not connected to the structures and then you would mean to grab those and accidently grab the whole structure and mess everything up

then i liked halo 3 for music and halo 1 for music and multiplayer with friends

okay favourite Halo... lets see

Campaign - Halo 2, why? simply because the story telling was immense, you also got to see the story from 2 sides which made it really interesting. this would be closesly followed by ODST (a very under-rated game)

Multiplayer - I could name all of them for different reasons, Halo 3 for its simplistic, yet effective multiplayer, Halo:Reach for the amount of options when playing MP, Halo 4 for the maps.  Honestly find it hard to pick 1 out, but if I had to, then I'm going to plump for Halo:Reach

Overall winner, purely for its campaign HALO 2

• Like 1

that may be true but still what im mad about is they are losing touch of what HALO is supposed to be ya know yea it needs to adapt not conform and/or transform what game it is

Games should be what they were built for not for what they want to try and adapt

They aren't losing touch of what Halo is supposed to be. Just because 343i made the (not so wise) decision of adding in a bunch of new features isn't "losing touch" If you want a classic Halo feel play Team Throwdown or Legendary game variants. Whenever I play those it feels like Halo 3 with sprint. So don't say it is losing touch when 343i is trying to give you options. It's perfectly fine to dislike the multiplayer we all have opinions. 

i am going with halo 3 it had the best easter eggs and glitches with no truly OP enemies

I also thought it had the best campaign and custom games PS i loved the flood

SOURCES: HALO GEEK completed all halos on legendary solo

I do agree with you bout the easter eggs custom games were the best on H3 altho the campaign i have to say goes to all of them 1,2 and 3