The family sharing was not a demo system after all.

Recently it was reported that the family sharing feature on Xbox one was just a timed demo system which only allowed users to play a game that a friend has shared with them through Xbox live for only 15-45 mins and up to an hour in some cases. But now it has been reported that it was not a timed demo system you could indeed have access to the entire game, the exact opposite of what the other alleged Microsoft employee said the other day, I know the news reports about the Xbox One has been hard to follow.

From multiple sources such as Kotaku and IGN state that Microsofts Mark Whitten and Aaron Greenberg debunked the previous report on their twitter pages.

wPdAQmK.png

0LtnXdG.png

But it still makes me think why Microsoft was not showing this off at every opportunity. They were pretty low key towards this feature and with a feature like this and supposedly with no catches why were they not in everyone's face about it? But that also makes me think despite the recent report stating that there was no time limit could there still be some kind of catch?

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

Alright their just all over the place. I'd like for them to just sit down, in front of everybody, and tell us WHICH IS TRUE AND WHICH IS NOT!!  :realmad:

Lol why would they? It's us who are trolling ourselves. People now realizing that the Xbox One's advancements were actually pretty cool?

too bad.

• Like 2

I don't understand this at all... Microsoft is just all over the place. Really unprofessional to be giving us completely different answers. Turns out the DRM policy reversal has been reversed as well! Just click the following link to... Nah just playing with you :D hehe

This is why I believe very little I read on the internet, other than the actual specs and fine print documented on the Xbox website. Reading all these random interviews and bogs and crap just confuse people then irritate them.

It would also help if these people being interviewed actually knew what they were talking about.  That was the biggest issue with this whole thing since May.  

It would also help if these people being interviewed actually knew what they were talking about.  That was the biggest issue with this whole thing since May.

exactly, that's why I try to keep the mindset of everything out side of the actual specs put out by the manufacturer is hearsay at best...