Desktop Cortana Assistant.

Reverant_Spark

I love the idea. Given the myriad of speech recognition source code on the market available in both free and pay form...all one would need to do is pre-render geometry and animations for something like this. Hmmmm...I might just be the one who does this. Although I don't have very much time, if anyone out there has any coding experience, I would be more than happy to render the models and animations...

Why am I not surprised Jester likes this? lmao

• Like 5

Glad that you like the idea :)

It was Cortana that made me look into desktop AI's such as HAL and what not. And ever since, Ive always hoped that Bungie/343/Microsoft woud have cottoned on to such an obvious money maker. Cortana is an AI, and there are AI desktop assistants... I always thought it was a no brainer. Considering Microsofts love of money, and their various methods of making money from the Halo franchise, Im surprised it hasnt been done already. What Halo fan wouldnt pay to have their very own Cortana?

Im currently trying to get in touch with Microsoft to put this idea forward in the hopes that they actually make it. They can have the idea for free as far as Im concerned. Hell, even though it was my idea to begin with, I'd still pay for a copy if they didnt offer me one for free lol.

But anyways, on to your idea of the community making it...

This is an interesting notion... The voice interface part of it would be pretty simple to do considering the amount of V.I (voice interface) softwares available like you say. It would just be a case of tweaking their responses, and adding the animated visual aspect of Cortana.

But... Theres the AI part... Considering the fact that a lot of companies are still developing basic desktop AI's, Im not sure how feasible the idea of a community making this is without the finance that these companies have.

I dont know anything when it comes to coding, and I have no idea what yours or the communities capabilities are, so I could be completely wrong... The level of AI involved in my idea is pretty basic I guess. All it involves is the program identifying trends in how the program is used, then making suggestions and automatic actions based upon them. So I guess it isnt really an actual AI. Im just thinking out loud here lol.

But theres 1 major flaw I can see with the community making it... The voice acting of Cortana... Unless you could get Cortana's original voice actor to do the voice samples (which if you did, would leave me in awe bowing down before you lol) you'd have to make the responses purely text based. And I dont know about you, but to me, having Cortana actually respond in that gorgeous iconic voice is what would make this so damn epic.

I think for it to have the polish and shine in the way that I envision it, its going to take Microsoft putting the time and money into making it.

But if you reckon you could pull it off, or even come close to making what Ive described... I'd still be totally blown away and would simply HAVE to have it.

And one more thing... Why arent you surprised that Jester likes the idea?... lol

And about the idea of having a selection of different AI's from the Halo universe... How cool would it also be to see good old quirky 343 Guilty Spark flying around your screen too? lol :P

• Like 1

I love the idea. Given the myriad of speech recognition source code on the market available in both free and pay form...all one would need to do is pre-render geometry and animations for something like this. Hmmmm...I might just be the one who does this. Although I don't have very much time, if anyone out there has any coding experience, I would be more than happy to render the models and animations...

DO IT DO IT DO IT :D

That would make you the most awesomeness person in awesomeville.

• Like 1

And about the idea of having a selection of different AI's from the Halo universe... How cool would it also be to see good old quirky 343 Guilty Spark flying around your screen too? lol :P

Insane, Spartan-betraying 343 from Installation 04, or possibly sane 343 that hijacked an ONI Prowler?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The only thing I would want in the Cortana Desktop Assistant would be for her to have a personality. She would have be unique. No two Cortana's should be the same. She should also have emotions, she should get happy when you are nice to her. She should get sad if you no longer interact with her. She should get mad when are being rude or ignore her. She should get jealous when you use a different software, or use someone else's cortana. She should also have feelings... of love. I would fight to win her heart! I would do everything In my power to make her happy! I would want her to fall in love, even if that meant with someone else. As long as she is happy...

• Like 1

Oh dear.... 

Cortana already drives me crazy when Hippie dies over and over and over again on H4. But if thats the case, then I want a talking Navi that deliberately annoys Hippie by making smartass comments at him. :stuart:

• Like 1

I already have a Cortana model...but I need a texture for it. I'd be willing to work on it...if I had help. I know C and Python, as well as Alice, Redcode, Perl, and binary (but who uses that nowadays?).

Scrap the whole project!  Imma make a Zelda Desktop Assistant app!

stalker creeper much O -o i mean like~ having ur fellow site member as ur computer slave~ pulling up ur p- pics... O -o someone has a secret obsession....

Scrap the whole project!  Imma make a Zelda Desktop Assistant app!

I am totally down for that idea! :D

lmao

stalker creeper much O -o i mean like~ having ur fellow site member as ur computer slave~ pulling up ur p- pics... O -o someone has a secret obsession....

:rofl:

Fine, I'll be his computer slave as long as I get to have one on my computer. :P :D

I am totally down for that idea! :D

lmao

:rofl:

Fine, I'll be his computer slave as long as I get to have one on my computer. :P :D

....so ur making plans to enslave someone else... my money is on azaxx O -o

• Like 2

....so ur making plans to enslave someone else... my money is on azaxx O -o

No. He's too suspicious of it. lol.

But Hippie doesn't know it, but he is currently the victim. ;)

• Like 1