DMR and BR. Fix them.

Mike Riley

Just a problem that I saw while playing War Games. It's great that the BR and DMR are back, but the balancing is wrong, IMO.

For the BR, you have to constantly aim at the head to achieve maximum damage and a quick kill. Not with the DMR. You can aim anywhere on the body for full damage and aiming at the head isn't really required. You can still 5 shot a person even if 4/5 of the shots are on his or her body. Not to mention the DMR fires faster to.

Sometimes I'll even get the first shot on a DMR user, but they'll still kill me due to superior firing speed and the ability not to shoot at the head for full damage. You can say I just suck, but this has happened to me numerous times even when my aim is perfect.

All I ask is that the DMR is tweaked a bit so that shooting the body does less damage than shooting them in the head. It gives the BR a chance in mid range against the DMR, which is the way it should be because the DMR should be a dominant long range weapon. (IMO)

It's been stated that the Directed Marksman Rifle(DMR) and the Battle Rifle(BR) do the same amount of damage, although the BR spreads that amount of damage over the course of three bullets. It is true that the DMR has a faster rate of fire, but it is untrue that the DMR does the same amount of damage to anywhere on the body, that a BR does to the head.

A single shot from the DMR is = to one shot from a BR, spread over three bullets. It IS possible to drag the bullets from a BR shot into a spread, therefore increasing the area that can be hit. This however, could cause the enemy to only take one or two of the bullets from the BR. If you pit two inaccurate players against each other, jumping and moving around, one with the DMR and one with the BR, the BR will win because of the higher chance to hit (Theoretically of course. There are factors to consider, including terrain, power-ups, and grenades.).

If you're a better shot, USE THE DMR, IT IS BETTER IN THAT SITUATION.

tl;dr use a DMR if you're good; BR if you're bad

For the BR, you have to constantly aim at the head to achieve maximum damage and a quick kill.

If that's how you use a br then you're doing it wrong, give yourself a bigger target by shooting the body 4 times, you only need one shot to the head after that..no sence trying to make every shot a head shot, this is how the BR has been used since halo 2

• 4 months later...

-_- Scrub thread

Simply make the BR what it was originally supposed to be 4SK descent distance and blam the game is balanced once again. Once again 343 "don't fix what ain't broke"

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Thread locked, do not revive dead threads.