Did You Like Halo 4 Official Thread

SykoWolf

Custom Games: Broken. Hardly any CUSTOMization

Campaign: Amazing but needs scoring system

Multiplayer: Lacking variety but feels almost perfect in gameplay *minor imperfections soon to be fixed as per usual.

Spartan Ops: Game life extender and short but sweet also needs scoring system

Forge: Great additions but lacking older features

* Hopefully added in future DLC

Theater: Not much to say here but multiple player viewing is still not possible

Overall Halo 4 is worth the money but has extremely noticeable problems for the Halo vets who seek improvement not substitution.

Score: 9.3 / 10

+ Improvements

+ New and old features Simplified

+ Amazing Campaign (no cliff hanger/ expecting it since it is the beginning of a new saga)

+ Mantis lol

-Substitions or lacking vital/key features that made the last few halos amazing.

343 please work on my negative but other than that great job! You've handled and improved the halo series in ways many didn't expect!

THANK YOU 343i!!!!!!

Halo 4 sucks.

Here's a list, and I could careless if any of you at 343 read it, because these will be my final moments ever talking about halo.

Lets look at reasons why Halo 2 is better than Halo 4

1 Competitive multi player. a concept that you have completely neglected due to lazyness. You took out ranked playlists, and add....nothing! Instead, you decide to hidden rank social playlists Excellent! Now, since I am better than most my friends, we can't play together. Because they go 5 and 23 every single game. They are new to the franchise, and sadly, a couple of them are pawning the game to get Black Ops 2. Now you claim rank playlists were removed due to boosting. NEWSFLASH- nobody cares about boosters. They hurt no one. What ever happened to the Bungie Banhammer? Ill tell you what happened. You dont care anymore about the customer obviously. Either that, or you all are too lazy to do something about it.

2 Clan Match- Halo 2 had the most epic feature of all, minor and major clan match, which you took away. Thanks for that. Instead of playing online clan matches via matchmaking, we all have to sign up for that garbage Gamebattles Nothing like disputing matches for weeks too come. Or getting D/Q'd because of kill cams lol.

3 Bungie.net leader boards- You took away your leader boards. I remember playing back in the day. I think it was every Friday night cheaters were banned. Why doesn't this happen now? Why do you let the few ruin the leader boards for the rest of us?

4 These retarded perks. Jet packs, invisibility, thrusters. I feel like were bounty hunters, not Spartans.

5. Team objective-where the hell did the bomb game types go?

6. Halo Waypoint- GTFO. Bungie.net was much better.

I could continue to complain, but I'd rather head back to bed. Black Ops 2 is coming out tomorrow, and i heard they have finally created a competitive ranking system. Looks like ill be pawning halo as well :D

For the record, I hate COD. But there are no other worthy games out there. Thanks for prostituting yourself to MLG. Frankie, I hate you.

• Like 1

Let me start by saying that I am simply a consumer and a long time fan of the game. Nothing more really needs to be said because nothing more really matters in the grand scheme of things, and there are plenty more people like me out there, so my opinion isn't really something special. That being said, Halo 4 is a different sort of beast then its predecessors.

As far as the campaign goes, I like how 343 tried to get the Chief more involved in what is really his own storyline. I think they missed the mark just slightly, and only slightly, because they really were only able to focus on Cortana to convey this change in his character. His emotion was so centered on her the whole time, that the Chief was fleshed out much at all, rather we just had a small window where we were able to observe him. It's a step in the right direction, but not a huge leap for Halo-kind. I disliked Cortana's new look a lot. She felt over sexualized honestly, and I think a lot of that had to do with her seeming more naked then usual. I understand graphical constraints of previous generations have largely shaped how we had seen Cortana up to this point, but something more modest would have been nice in my opinion, and would have suited her character more too.

The Forerunner enemies felt like a new type of enemy at first, but once you realize they have the same "shield break" stumble before you can knock their heads off, they started to blend together with the Covenant. And speaking of which, I strongly dislike the new Covie designs. They feel so monstorous and so much less personified in this game. I mean, we spent an entire trilogy shaping Human-Covenant relations and learning about their culture and hierarchy, all to just be disregarded with a simple "These Covenant seem more fanatical then the one's we fought before." No sir 343, not buying it. Not one bit.

The music this time around seemed largely forgetable, though thats not to say it wasnt nice. I understand that there was a new composer, and he did a fantastic job, but the game never really emphasized the music, and in some parts of the campaign I realized I was fighting in total silence! The soundtrack is pretty solid (though admitedly I miss some familiar tunes) but it never really feels like part of the game, it mostly seems tacked on in bits where the action dulls out a bit. I miss the crescendos at key moments, rather then just high pitch tension music. This is another portion where I really feel 343 missed the mark, but more so then previously mentioned.

As far as multiplayer goes, I feel I need to address a few key points that many people are complaining about just to provoke the vocal minority.

-Weapon Balance

-Weapon Disintegration

-Map Design

Starting with balance, I haven't noticed a whole lot of imbalance as far as weapons are concerned, other than the Scattershot and the Binary Rifle. The scattershot fires too quickly and overshadows the shotgun in a wide variety of scenarios, and the binary rifle's magazine size should be dropped to 1, seeing as its a single shot to kill. I feel that 343 really put the time in to make the weapons feel good in player's hands (especially with the new sound effects!) and at the same time balance them well. They should really be commended for their effort here, as it has made the game very diverse and satisfying in multiplayer.

Weapons disappear too quickly after they hit the ground. Nothing more needs to be said then that, as it changes a fundamental of Halo multiplayer that many, including myself, found very satisfying. I hope it is increased to at least 20-30 seconds.

Finally, the new map designs are BEAUTIFUL, but only in a cosmetic sense. I see a lot of work put into texture quality and game feel, and it shows. The maps are very pretty. Unfortunately, I dislike how cluttered they all feel. So many maps have such an odd distortion of long open areas and small corridors, nearly every map I play feels wonky. HOWEVER, what I think many people fail to realize is that the new maps have been designed around the removal of many in game weapon spawns. The new loadout and ordinance system allow you access to much of your equipment in the field, so the new maps really allow you to interact with your enemies on MANY different fronts, rather then the typical 2-4 we are used to in older Halo Maps. I understand the reasoning for this new map design, and understand how it benefits the new system, but I think the cost of this is how attached we are to certain maps. When there are 15 different pieces of cover between you and your enemy, this present new and interesting combat scenarios, but it does not allow us as the player to enjoy any of them. Perhaps this is just the nostalgia talking, and I understand hitting this mark is nigh impossible, but I wish there was a little less map clutter and a little more focus on dramatc set pieces, so we as players could feel more at home in the maps, and less de-tached.

Except for Exile. I mean, a banshee and a scorpion/wraiths and about 15 feet in either direction to manuever. What's the point there?

All in all, I feel that 343 did a good job in re-creating that Halo magic we have all felt at one point or another, but at the same time taking the gameplay in new and interesting directions. Overall, I am very satisfied with Halo 4, and although I was very skeptical at first, I think this was a good first step for them. It's not perfect, but to expect perfection on their maiden voyage would be asking for too much. I hope that they learn from their (minor) mistakes in this game, and move forward with their (major) changes to our franchise. Here's to 343 for moving the Halo legacy forward their own way! I can't wait for more Halo 4 goodness and Master Chief's next step forward!

TL:DR It's pretty good man

I loved it.

The single player was fun, interesting and had a really good storyline. It was new, though the ending was great and yet **** at the same time(for obvious reasons)

The multiplayer is great fun aswell. The new additions such as ordinance works extremely well. And it still feels like Halo.

A few nit-picks though.

Their is no option to turn down the in-game audio which is a bit idiotic not to have one of the base simple things that EVERY game should have. It is constantly the one volume. Their is no stats for win/loss together but there is for kill/death.

Halo 4 sucks.

Here's a list, and I could careless if any of you at 343 read it, because these will be my final moments ever talking about halo.

Lets look at reasons why Halo 2 is better than Halo 4

1 Competitive multi player. a concept that you have completely neglected due to lazyness. You took out ranked playlists, and add....nothing! Instead, you decide to hidden rank social playlists Excellent! Now, since I am better than most my friends, we can't play together. Because they go 5 and 23 every single game. They are new to the franchise, and sadly, a couple of them are pawning the game to get Black Ops 2. Now you claim rank playlists were removed due to boosting. NEWSFLASH- nobody cares about boosters. They hurt no one. What ever happened to the Bungie Banhammer? Ill tell you what happened. You dont care anymore about the customer obviously. Either that, or you all are too lazy to do something about it.

2 Clan Match- Halo 2 had the most epic feature of all, minor and major clan match, which you took away. Thanks for that. Instead of playing online clan matches via matchmaking, we all have to sign up for that garbage Gamebattles Nothing like disputing matches for weeks too come. Or getting D/Q'd because of kill cams lol.

3 Bungie.net leader boards- You took away your leader boards. I remember playing back in the day. I think it was every Friday night cheaters were banned. Why doesn't this happen now? Why do you let the few ruin the leader boards for the rest of us?

4 These retarded perks. Jet packs, invisibility, thrusters. I feel like were bounty hunters, not Spartans.

5. Team objective-where the hell did the bomb game types go?

6. Halo Waypoint- GTFO. Bungie.net was much better.

Couldn't agree with you more. Seems like game developers are more concerned about hopping on the bandwagon more than anything.

Loadouts, Perks, Armor Abilities, Support Upgrades, Cluttered Maps. None of these things surprised me as all of these new First Person Shooters are becoming more and more Unoriginal.

The matchmaking menu players displayed in playing cards? That's about as cheesy as it gets.

Took out Ranked playlists and added, Nothing. I assume they think everyone that plays this game is 11 years old and just enjoys jumping up and down in the spawn and riding around in mongooses seeing how many times they can die?

For a long time now I've been really excited for Halo 4, counting down the days, and making sure I dedicate most of my time to Halo when it releases. Custom games and forge were what I looked forward to the most. I'm very disappointed. 343 did a great job with their forge system, but couldn't add in a single forge-world size map. Because of this, crazy fun interesting maps with cool racetracks, indiana jones-style maps, and left 4 dead survival maps can't be made with their full potential. No forge world size maps = no nights spent playing custom games for hours. Even if they add in forge-world size maps as DLC, 343 ****** up by not adding them in at launch with the game. The only reason for not adding in a big map can only be frame rate lag, but I'm sure if they made the map as simple as possible a little lag wouldn't bother most of the forgers. They dealt with it in Reach, right? I'm sure we could deal with a bit of frame rate lag now if thats the case.

The campaign was amazing. Multiplayer is fun, and more easier to play than past Halo's (I went 52 and 5 today, but thats probably because of the noobies). Forge world is disappointing. I love Halo, but I don't think it'll keep me hooked as Halo:Reach did. I guess I'll be playing zombies in BO2 for this winter.

I agree with many of the things people on this thread are saying. I think 343 tried so hard to make this version of Halo their own that they forgot some of the core things that made Halo great. In Bungie's Halo there were certain things you expected and they delivered, things that 343 decided against. For instance not having a version of Blood Gulch in the MM. I mean seriously, wtf kind of blasphemy is that?

I agree with many of the things people on this thread are saying. I think 343 tried so hard to make this version of Halo their own that they forgot some of the core things that made Halo great. In Bungie's Halo there were certain things you expected and they delivered, things that 343 decided against. For instance not having a version of Blood Gulch in the MM. I mean seriously, wtf kind of blasphemy is that?

ya nailed it!

I liked it, and will no doubt put many hours into it, but it is not as entertaining as the past Halo games, and I find I tire of it much sooner than the others. Halo 4 lacks the character and depth of the previous games. There is no comic relief from other characters in the campaign. The graphics are awesome, and the shooting action is great, but the overall entertainment value is less because of the lack of depth of the other characters. It is now just a shooter game like all the others, where the past releases of Halo had stuff in them that always surprised you. Comments from other characters would surface that I had never heard before, even though I had hundreds of hours replaying the games. Cortana supplies a VERY minimal amount of negligible humor, but that's it. Overall I would give it a 3.7 out of 5 compared to the previous games.

I don't really care what they do to change Halo, personally. So long as they have classic playlists from the start, which 343i didn't do. If they had classic playlists from launch, I can guarantee that half of the complaining would have gone away, since people would still have access to their core Halo gameplay.

What I do like however is the fact that 343i gave us both the BR and DMR. It's something Bungie should have done with Reach, to be honest. Sadly, when I said it was what they should have done, I was in the minority because at the time, the Bungie forums were full of BR haters. :(

The graphics are better, But I don't like the musical score I was so used to the familiar halo theme music and the background music while you where playing it was more inspirational and motivating then the Halo 4. Another thing I don't like is the complexity of the load-outs and the call drops are stupid because you end up getting killed looking for your drop which ended up in a wall or under you, or above you or just right in front of you, it distracts you enough that you lose focus on the game. Also if you load out with a DMR you soon run out of ammo and there are no DMR's laying around like in Reach, you have to get it from downed players which are usually in a dangerous area. Also if you die and run straight back to where you died to get ammo from your previous weapon its not there anymore, Even when there where no other players around to have picked up that ammo.

I do like the DMR better then in reach it seems to be more accurate and the Carbine is more powerful But the sound effects of the weapons are ridicules the don't sound right especially the Plasma pistol and cannon

I like halo 4,only thing I dont like is the how some players seem invincible and can get kills without even trying that hard...Ill be dead on and unload most of my magazine,yet the other guy shoots me 3 times and im dead,and the kill cam shows that his aim was clearly off,he didnt even hit me yet was getting confimed hits on thin air

I know exactly what you are talking about, I had the same problem on Reach, I think its because of lag, the enemy is actually shooting you sooner and you are shooting later so some of your shots are missing and there;s are connecting. At least that's what I have been lead to believe. Also I believe there are still players who have rapid fire and aimbot controllers.

• Like 2

I thoughts about the game: The campaign was good, but it will be hard to compromise a sequel after what happens in the end. I like the multiplayer, but they have a bad ranking/playlist system. Forge is good, except that they again, failed to allow flat natural surfaces. The magnets are sometimes useful, other times they aren't. The weapons are perfect in my opinion, except that the plasma grenade seems to overpowered. The Storm Rifle needs more range, and Flood is kind of too...let's just say that bulltrue is no longer possible...

I've read through all the posts that are in this thread and I agree with just about any point that anyone has made thus far.

I have to say that I was looking forward to Halo 4 and wondering and hoping that 343i could pull it off, in some ways they did and did not.

I have been a very long time Halo fan, ever since it was first supposed to be a PC, then MAC, finally a Xbox game. To say I love this series is pretty accurate, and I had likes and dis-likes with each title but generally very happy.

WARNING THIS IS LONG! and potentially funny.

SPOILERS!!!

First impressions: (started in Heroic, I'm the Chief after all)

Wow! Smooth graphics, this was a wonderful surprise and impressed me most of my way through the entire game. Loved the new and old Human/Covenant weapons. Model structure and detail was very good, some world features/textures were on closer inspection very average to sub par but mostly it was good for a game of this structure. I had a smile on my face through most of the first few settings as the pre-rendered back drops and features looked marvelous with more than the odd "Woah nice!" coming out.

KNEE PADS OF ALLURE

The new Chief armour is everything I wanted to see. While taking a different twist from the typical Halo spartan, it's more functional of form. It makes sense. It looks bulky, with clear areas for freedom of movement. This is military hardware! It feels like it. Would have been nice to see more of it's power than in a few simple in game interactive cut scenes. Spartan four's are included but could have used some more in game presence. To see a Spartan push on the enemy would have given me a happy rumble in the joypad!

THIS IS FOR FIGHTING, THIS IS FOR FUN!

The weapons are varied, more punchy feeling. The new weapons are deadly with their own drawbacks and benefits. The storm rifle is now a favourite! The return of older weapons comes as no surprise, but give some satisfaction when you pull the trigger now. Using the Human assault rifle feels tighter, harder hitting now. It no longer feels like I am flinging tooth picks at a shield wall in random patterns. The plasma rifle is missed, but the replacements more than make up for it's lack of presence. The worthogs are better so far as accuracy is concerned, the LAAG no longer feels out of place in it's role with tighter zeroing and spread. Banshee's seem to be a little better to fly, though more lacking in maneuverability compared to other titles, makes it more balanced in multiplayer but frustrating in single player games.

The Mantis is an interesting addition to the arsenal, big, kinda tough. The rocket fire can be... interesting. I did like using the Mantis overall, it's machine gun is most likely it's best weapon. The stomp attack makes for a funny Grunt busting tool, however I did not really use it that much.

IT USES QUICK TIME YOU SAY?

In game cut scenes where wonderful, smooth, detailed. I don't mean the "chief gives you a nod where to jump kind" more the "have some movie plot" kind. These kind of things can make and break a game. Sadly that happens both ways which leads me to the inevitable.

Problems:

The first thing that pinged off as troubling was the Pillar of Autumn effect on the Forward unto Dawn (being MASSIVE) but this is a game play design and I enjoyed that, still had to get past the canon rage I was fighting.

WHERE ARE ALL THE WEAPONS GOING!?

Honestly even on Heroic you need to backtrack to grab ammo ect only to find out that the guns/corpses are gone and you must Melee your way to a reload. Good luck with those Hunters Chief! I'm not talking backing up half the level which you can't do (talk about that later) but even going around 20 feet will make them go into the ether, blood stains stay but those weapons/nades vanish with the owners' corpses (like death and taxes).

WHERE DID ALL THE ENEMIES GO!?

While funny as hell, nothing better than having 20+ bad dudes vanish from an area just because I decided to go back around and come from another attack point. Whether this is a game mechanic like the weapons vanishing I'm not sure, but it struck me as odd that this would happen at all. First instance happened not long after my first encounter with the Prometheans and those little wall walker buggers. I was given the choice of going left or (you guessed it!) right. I went right, decided I was at a disadvantage, backed up went left (which was not far) noticed no weapons on ground from previous encounter, proceeded up the left way. This let me go (again) left to another bowl shaped section or right to the place swarming with dudes although they were all gone! This happened a few times in the game, which while beneficial (hope it happens in Legendary mode!) had me shaking my head again.

WHERE DO ALL THESE ENEMIES COME FROM!?

Seriously, WHY DO THEY POP UP EVERY TIME I leave point A to point B, and when I go back to point A again, Hello guys I just killed!? Have the Covenant mastered the Floods regeneration abilities? Or have the Grunts taken up Asexual behaviour? This applies to the legions of Banshee's that show up with an unlimited supply on some missions, mainly ones that have banshees on the ground that take off unless you kill the pilots before they enter. I am not talking about spawning waves, I'm talking killing the SAME NPC in the SAME place I first SAW them. I destroyed all the banshee's on one mission every time I saw one and they all respawned with me leaving visual range. The mission where you first destroy the three power nodes with the Grunts/Jackals/Elites with Ghosts/Banshee support on the Sphere world was my first instance of this. I can understand if this was deliberate because it made it THAT much more harder, just struck me as a WTF moment. Surely dropping off drop pods or transports would be the best way of achieving this. Just felt cheap and tacky.

THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER PROMETHEAN!?

"Good god Cortana, give me a computer virus and kill me slowly! Yes please start at the testicles and work your way up! I can't stand this repetition any more!" - Spartan John - 117

These guys. THESE. GUYS. While at first being incredibly interesting, tough and frustrating as hell, it quickly evaporates into a mind boggling game of tag and a UNLIMITED ABILITY to throw grenades at you regardless of distances involved with an accuracy that NASA would approve of! They must be radar guided because you can bet your little sister that they will land right next to you no matter how fast you move during the throw animation. These guys are the new Brutes of Halo 2: predictable bullet sponges. Once the novelty wears off from fighting these guys and their little chihuahua death hounds (especially on harder difficulties) you will honestly try your hardest not to engage them, you will pray to the Forerunners to start the gondola up again for you so you don't spend another minute trying to hit switches (why do games always fall back on that?) while fighting these uninteresting foes. The AI for them is awful, I'm sorry but it is. I see how they apply to the plot of the game being that they are the minions of our enemy (who is the Didact, I think he was the bad guy?) and thus wanting to throw legions of them at us, but surely this could have been done better? Towards the end game I was just grinding my way through hoping to get them to bunch up so I could decode them all in one go with an explosive.

SO YOU WANT A FAN SCRIPT PLOT?

Given what was available to 343i, was this plot, to be honest, best thing that could be managed? I know, I think we all knew, that Cortana would go rampant; the previous games spelled in out in multi-colour chalk on the primary school blackboard. It started so well too, I was actually saying to my wife "Holy hell! This is awesome, I can't wait to see what happens!" and by the end of the game, well, I was not in that frame of mind. I think it was around the start of the Didact reveal that the threads started to be missing. I felt like I was being catapulted along on a ride that went so fast I think I missed something. By the end of the game I felt not overwhelmed, but sad and not for the ending. I felt sad, because after nearly five years, having seen what happened in Halo 3, I could not help but feel that 343i were so desperate to break the last link to the Bungie cord (hahaha get it?) that they wanted to scrub the slate to open the path way to their own desires. They are allowed to do this,don't get me wrong. DO NOT GET ME WRONG. You broke my heart 343i, you really did, but not for the reasons I hoped. The story is filled with holes in game,or so many of us has felt. I found it disjointed, almost feeling like it was put together ala Duke Nukem Forever style, almost as if you had separate groups make each part of the game with a plot device motivation, but forgot the filler, the all important links to help me immerse myself in what you tried to convey to me. Sure I got the overall point, didn't need a sledge hammer to the head to spell it out is all. How did the Infinity know what the hell the Didact was? When did Cortana decide to inform the Chief all about the points she rambles on about? These things make us throw controllers at walls*.

*Kill-time does not condone violence towards walls or controllers

HAIR LOSS PREVENTION FOR FORERUNNERS! (or how I learned to wonder who is the DIDACT)

"Well golly gee" said the Master Chief, "Just change me to Sierra 1337! I think he is a bad guy! His motivations must be PURE evil for no reason!"

"Really? What makes you think that?" Cortana asked. "Isn't that rather... one dimensional?"

"Yes it is" the Chief retorted, "but that's what he is portrayed as! Don't judge me! I can feel that bad guy signal in my soon to be, computer virused testicles!"

"That's not even a word!" Cried Cortana

Moving on..

Where did all the Humans go!?

I think, that even with the space ship "The size of a city" there *should* have been more Humans on the ground. A staple on any Halo games was rolling out with your non Mjolner wearing buddies and having a what for at the Huns Covvies. I reckon I counted less than just over a dozen Human forces I could have sallied forth with into the fray. Worse still, when there was even a Infinity crew stepping out in a MASSIVE LAND CRAWLER OF POTENTIAL DEATH, it had less than a dozen forces. The only reason I felt under pressure was because I was playing on a harder difficulty. The Infinity was in the air at this point, without shields, but there was the potential for so very much, much more action and badness! SPARTAN 4 awesomness was had when given the chance! These guys rocked, not as hard as possible, but man oh man did I want to see more!

SO WHY I PLAY? (or why use bad Engleesh)

This is not a bad game. It's not a overly good game either. It is enjoyable, it has lots of parts that are wonderful! It has terrible bits and plenty of average to sub-par too. 343 Industries, you had pulled together a rather clean first attempt at a solo project. You have given us plenty of the familiar, plenty of new twists on those as well as brand new memories. Do I see more exciting things to come from you? Yes, yes I do. Do I think that Halo 4 should have been your first game to make away from the Bungie yolk?

Probably not, but that is a hard thing to say. At this point I don't know whether to love you or hate you. I don't think I can hate you. I'm not sure we can hate you. This effort, this potential wonderful work - so much attention to detail, so much expectation. These things are not easy to achieve or to balance out. Anyone who has made a game, written a book or posted a way too long review rant failure at criticism comedy on a forum knows that you can never get it all right for everyone.

I think we all hope, maybe expect that your efforts to continue the wonderful Halo universe in your own light will grant you lessons from this game for the future titles. That we may play them and enjoy them even more. To love them as we did the past titles. Best of luck Halo guardians, I look forward to seeing where you take us next time.

Also Multiplayer! What is up with that anyway!?

;)

i dunno i liked in my persional opinion. the multiplayer is acctually better than all the other halo games, but we only have just a few games like "SWAT or FLOOD" i like it also because it brought back Ragnarock that was from halo 3. i guess 343 wanted to bring back halo 3 with a reach twist and i like that.

--Campaign: 3.9/5

Good back story which did a good job setting up the Halo Universe for sequels. The music was sub par at best. The campaign itself felt short and too "linear". Also, I miss finding skulls.

--War Games: 4.8/5

Great maps, new classes are refreshing. Fighting is fair and balanced. Objective auto-pick up is annoying. Needs MLG.

--Spartan Ops: 1/5

So boring.

--Forge: 4.5/5

Good forging, borderline good maps.

MISC GOOD: New hud is nice and the game feels good to navigate. Love the ranking system.

MISC BAD: Overall the game feels un-epic. None of my hardcore Halo friends have even tried it because they think it sucks. We need to draw in a more active community and 343 needs to be super involved constantly.

overall: 3.7/5 until things get more interesting then easily a 4.7/

This game has flat out destroyed my confidence in 343....The campain is decent at best with no sort of incentive for me to keep playing it. The music in the game doesnt draw you in like previous halos and the sound gets so damn mixed and chaotic that i cant hear half of the stiff people are saying. I like the new enemies that they added and the new weapons are great to use in the campain. The biggest problem i have with this game is the multiplayer. Thats where halo is supposed to shine and in this game they ran it into the ground with half thought out maps and taking too many things from call of duty. Ordinace drops encourage people to sit back in a room and camp alllll day because the game will just give them more power weapons over and over. Then if you even tried to flush them out with grenades it would just fail because they drasticly reduced the grenades blast radius. I understand that its a balance issue and thats how they chose to fix it but it still feels like a slap in the face. Then theres the fact that while claming to be super balanced there is an obvious front runner in the percision weapon race. The DMR....I understand thats 343's little baby but it doesnt mean that it should win evveryyy damn fight.... Ive tried using the battle rifle and done ok. The light rifle even better...then theres the carbine, why does that gun never get any love....seriously ive never won a firefight with the carbine I dont think really anyone has or you would actually see it in the multiplayer. My next biggest problem is the damn bolt shot. People who have played halo 3 remember how overpowered the mauler was, this weapon is so much worse to me...its just so unbelievably unbalanced and just plain broken.... I dont even know what all else to say thats wrong with this game, I mean theres so many more things i hate. The vehicals being unbalanced, the same 3 maps over and over, the fact that one armor ability (promithian vison) makes at least 2 other ones useless and takes out the skill and point in hiding or going for cover. Im turing my copy of this game in this weekend and never touching this game again... Seriously this game seems like its a half finished beta that you guys rushed out to beat the release date of Call Of Duty. I hope the developers read this cause id love to hear your reasons for why you made me (a fan since Halo 1) never want to pick up another Halo again....

Let me start off by saying I have been a very dedicated and loyal Halo fan since day one.

I appreciate that 343 has some big shoes to fill. The visual quality of Halo 4 is awesome and the nuances and additions to Halo 4 are growing on me as I become more comfortable with the game. I can't even begin to imagine the complexities behind building and maintaining a game like Halo 4 and because of that I have remained patient. However my patients are wearing thin and I am so saddened by the issues I have had with Halo 4 and the lack of customer support that I have finally reached out to this community. Seems as though the glory days of Halo are behind us.

Disappointment and frustration are quickly becoming the two words I use most to describe Halo 4.

I do not understand the business or entertainment value behind the move to limited XP during a 24 hour period and once you have reached level 70. I have the opportunity right now to play a lot and I was looking forward to it. 343 is telling some of the most dedicated Halo fans that our dedication is not appreciated and our long term enjoyment of this type of entertainment doesn't matter. How does it makes sense to neglect and penalize the most dedicated and loyal to the franchise? Why would I want to keep playing the game and get nothing in return? My XP from commendations and challenges evaporate so it feels like it is illogical to continue to play now with my friends as I am wasting the time and XP. For those who say "Why care about the XP?" I say "If It didn't add to the enjoyment and experience of online play, then why have it in the first place?" Clearly there is a rewarding feeling behind levels and and there is a huge emphasis in Halo 4 on gaining XP.

After two new routers, one new xbox and 4 hours on the phone with Xbox tech support (as 343 didn't offer any) I have yet to determine why during almost every game I play online I get booted from my live party mid-match and then sit waiting on the "starting game" screen while everyone else is playing still. It's not the same as when everyone gets frozen because someone dropped out of the game as I will die multiple times during the freeze by the time I return to the game.

Why is my DNF count so high. I don't quite mid-match ever?

Why would I want to be dropped into a match that is almost over? Regardless of if I'm on the winning or loosing team. I'd rather wait for a game to start from the beginning.

Why let players back out of matchmaking once they see the maps and they don't like them? This is just increasing the amount of people dropping and increasing the need for random players to join games mid match as well as causing games to load with only people on one team.

I purchased the limited edition and still only have two specializations.

Last but not least in the venting of my frustration, what purpose would my friends or anyone else have to want to level up if at the end is so easy to reach and there isn't anything you can do to further your online career once it's obtained?

Though I feel this message may never reach the eyes of those who should be reading it. I hope at least that others can read this and feel as though they aren't the only ones that feel insulted and abandoned by 343.

Good day and have fun.

Before Halo 4 came out i was nervous thinking that 343i would ruin it. now after having the game for a while i will say that i was plesantly supprised. first the reasons i was nervous:

1.Kiki Wolfkill

seeing her name made me nervious because she worked on the fable games. now i know that you can not put the success or failure of a game on one member of the staff that created it, and i don't know what position she held with lionshead. but Fable 1 on pc was an awsome game, Fable 2 was good, and Fable 3 was a turd covered in good graphics!i refuse to spend another penny on anything fable!

2.Seeing the Knights in the ads

before the game came out 343i had stated that the knights were forrrunner and not precursor, i had thought that was a bad choise because the precuresors still have not been discribed in any halo media as far as i know. Greg Bear Did describe the forrunners in detail,and to me the image of the knights seemed to be a contradition to what the disciption of the forrunners.

3. I had heard that Power Wepons would no longer spawn at the same place at set times.instead they would be randomized.

4.i was told that there would be no more spawn times. it sounded like people would be able to respawn instantly and finish any kill that they could not get in the previous life.which would ruin part of the game balance. and after all thats a big part of what makes games great is balance!

5.with loadouts it seemed like they were trying to copy Call Of Duty

there were someother reasons that i can't reacall anymore

so lets move on to why i ended up really liking it:

1.The Story

I have read most but not all of the halo books. This story fits in and adds to the fiction from the novels vary well! they did an excellent job with the story!

2.the instant respawn is not so instant and dose not mess with balance too much.

3.the graphics are awsome!

4.Sparant ops is pretty sweet! but i do miss firefight!, reach's firefight was ok but ODST's firefight was way better and far more challenging!

5.war games

war games dose have a few minor issues that annoy me but over all it is asmuch fun as all of the other halo games.

I am a huge halo fan, and this is a great addition to the halo universe! Right now I think that HaloReach was the worst halo game , and seeing as how i am an inheritor i obviously like it well enough.