Did You Like Halo 4 Official Thread

SykoWolf

This is pretty simple, if you liked Halo 4, tell us why you liked it.

If you didn't like it, please tell us WHY you didn't like it, what reasons, not just "this game is s**t"

Any comments like that i will ask to be removed, this thread is for PROPER discussion ONLY
  • Like 4

One of my favorite things about Halo 4 that I didn't cover in my own thread was how smoothly the cinematics run. My BIGGEST problem with Halo: Reach was how roughly a lot of the cinematics played. The level of detail in the character models was incredible, but so many of the cinematics did not play smoothly at all. Then Halo 4 comes out and has the best presented cinematics in the entire series.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I could not be happier with Halo 4. :)

• Like 2

One of my favorite things about Halo 4 that I didn't cover in my own thread was how smoothly the cinematics run. My BIGGEST problem with Halo: Reach was how roughly a lot of the cinematics played. The level of detail in the character models was incredible, but so many of the cinematics did not play smoothly at all. Then Halo 4 comes out and has the best presented cinematics in the entire series.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I could not be happier with Halo 4. :)

Agreed, i especially loved seeing the facial expressions from the different characters, such as Laskey, and even Cortana during the more "emotional" scenes
  • Like 2

I would like to post the things I liked about the game and the thinks I thought need improvement. First off I have been playing halo non stop for over 7 years now, I have been a top player in matchmaking and most playlist for halo 2,3,reach -- The game feels absolutley amazing, the way the gun shoots and the perfect amount of aim assist with how smooth the sprint feels makes this game feel amazing. For some reason I feel like its bringing me back to the good old halo 2 and 3 days where I can just play any playlist even by myself and have a blast. I like how you need to think about when you are sprinting because sprinting into people will get you killed unlike reach you can shoot right away after stopping. I have put in close to 35 hours on the game so far and feel like I still want to contiune playing, unlike I did for reach. Some of the major improvement I think we need are getting zoomed out when you get shot, -- more maps, i know we have forge and im looking forward to seeing what is created but we need some of our favorite competitive maps back like - lockout-pit-narrows-gaurdian-sanctuary-zealot-warlock. I think 343 really spent a lot of time on detail on all the maps they gave us and didnt have enough time to have more in. We also need smaller maps for 1v1s and FFAs. Probley the thing that needs incorperated that we need in every game is an icon of where your teamate dies. Another very important thing that needs in asap is weapon timers and spawn improvements. with no weapons on timers when I play my team can hold places on the maps and stay there all game and most of the time the teams will not get past 20 kills. One thing I don't like is that you can get exp caped for the day, I think commited players should be rewarded for playing more. I would also like to see more playlist, like team snipers and more playlists without armor abilities. A couple minor things -- light up teamates icon in game when they are talking, need another grenade in slayer pro, the bolt shot seems very OP in close quarters, slowing down sprinting players more when being shot.

I love the game and will contiune to play a lot, I am looking forward to seeing how 343 uses the information from the community and improves that game, I think they amazed us all on how well they contiuned the halo franchise.

One idea that I know soooo many players would love is a challenge playlist, in halo 2 they had a playlist that the top players got rewards for being the highest, I would love to see a playlist like this. Although it would require keeping a close eye on for cheaters it still would be extremely fun.

• Like 1

343i,

Credit where credit is due. You guys pulled off something that i would have bet my life savings you would have screwed up in true microsoft fashion. So right now i admit i am eating crow about your ability to handle the franchise. so lets recap the campaigns only:

Halo 1 = epic

Halo 2 = developers gave there fans the finger, two of them

Halo 3 = Good but not great, no pushing of the envelope in story or execution

Halo odst = short, but awesome story, relatable characters great pacing

Halo reach = developers gave the halo universe and lore contenuity two middle fingers, story was iffy, character we wanted to see got killed with no good scenes, other characters we wanted to die much sooner than they did.

Needless to say Halo is my favorite game of all time, but has not been handled near as well as it could or should. And this is why.

THE CAMPAIGN IS EVERYTHING TO THIS FRANCHISE. YOU MARGINALIZE THE STORY AND YOU LOSE BUSINESS.

343i did a great job on story and the hard work shows and i really really do hope you guys get all your money back and more, cause i know ill be buying more halo stuff cause of how great you did the story and the characters.

now here is a small list of what needs to be improved and i can garuntee an automatic pre-order of halo 5 and possibly even a new xbox edition with it ;)

1. Story was good but delivery was messy. need smoother and more comprehensive delivery. So many elements were left unexplained and or missing completely. example MC meeting spartan-IV's for the first time. nothing was mentioned. Having to watch story elements in waypoint is annoying.

2.What is and what isnt cannon anymore is so up in the air its rediculous. like spartans armor, if halsey is back what happened to fred and the other spartans.

3.No cheap thrills, armor abilities were tastefully done, but some are a little out there for a soldier in the field. Sentry? jetpack?

4.Ending. I do not mind the loose threads, but sheer cliffhangers are annoying (halo2). but a boss fight with the didact might have been nice. It is okay that masterchief is not a match for the didact hes not supposed to be but having him fall off a bridge......kinda a cop out.

Some advice though for the future.

IMHO your formula is damn near perfect, but does need some work. Good pacing good mechanics, epic story, epic action, and good dialog.

One reason the new batman movies worked is because they were believable. The sequels didnt take concepts and keep blowing them out of proportion for money. It was more real. Halo needs to evolve this same way.

last but not least the Masterchief

1.Thou shalt not change his armor much more, halo armor revisal was good but keep messing with it and it might bite you in the butt.

2.Thou shalt put in more awesome action sequences of MC doing awesome stuff. please. We wanna see more MC being a bad@$$.

• Like 3

Visuals 5/5

Sounds 5/5

Spartan Ops 4/5 ( wish it was offline for those who don't have online)

War Games 5/5

Campaign 3/5

The Campaign was messy.I've read all the novels and watched every video i know related to the universe and i have to say the storyline went into an odd shot in the dark direction and i found it disappionting.i was like "wait...what?" the final mission was so bad it hurt my head.Also the people who don't read the novels etc. probably are kind of lost on certain details which im glad they covered those aspects,but it was poorly done.The Didacts plot and his character is very much unlike the Didact i've read about,which i hope they cover in the next two games.I'm still confused on some things and i have a great deal of knowledge of the canon,so it is saying alot if the hardcore fans who love Halo TOO much don't get some things then your doing it wrong.I didn't feel immersed in the Halo universe anymore and that is i gave it 3/5 i hope since it was the first in the new trilogy that 5 and 6 do a better job or making it a smoother rider and cover alot more of what's going on with little effort for the player.

Did I like Halo 4?

No.

Why didn't I like it?

Campaign: Too many leaps of faith were made by 343 industries that just didn't seem to fit with the setting. The Mech, the levitating forerunner weaponry, and the antagonist were all redundant and seemed forced into a setting that, established by many previous games, didn't seem to fit.

Multiplayer: My biggest problem with multiplayer is I was an Elite fan. And as an Elite fan, I am not only completely alienated by the multiplayer experience, but my opinions and options are completely disregarded by anyone 'official'. As if Bungie saying "if you play as an elite, you probably dont belong in matchmaking" wasn't insulting enough, but now 343 is completely and utterly IGNORING the fanbase I belong to.

All in all? It will tide me over for 2 months until Aliens: Colonial Marines, which is going to actually be a good game that stays true to all its fans, is released.

• Like 1

Okay, here is some critique...Before I start, I want to say overall I consider it a good-great game in abolute terms, but a fairly middling Halo game.

Visuals. Probably the best looking "graphics fidelity" game of the series. It's actually suprising to see the 360 pump out visuals like that considering it's age. Visual design was largely good. Without getting to spoilerish, at some point the game turned "Tron". I don't know if this was done to show off the new lighting engine, or what-but it just didn't fit with me. No joke, had someone stop by and asked if I was playing a Tron Legacy game...

Gameplay. Overall good, but I have some very serious concerns. There is a section at the start of the game that essentially boils down to a quick time event. I did a literal facepalm, but my fears were largely unfounded as (iirc) it only appeared again toward the end of the game. QTE, have never been Halo, beyond the 'hold X to enter pelican or whatever" they largely avoided it. QTE takes you out of the action. It stops being "combat evolved' and becomes "press a button to see next cutscene/enviroment/whatever". It was not employed heavely enough for me to knock down my overall view of the game-but the fact that it is included at all is cause for concern. Halo is about the combat sandbox, don't go down the modern military shooter hole of turning the game into a glorified Space Ace or Dragon's Lair.

Also, the new weapons (outside the new heavy weapon) fail to overly impress. I understand the need to incude new weapons considering the location/new enemies-just would have liked to see some more creativity (in tactical weapon use, visual design was good).

Speaking of combat sandbox....While I would not label H4 as a coorider shooter (all Halo games had sections like this), the sandbox felt....alot more 'constrained'. There where a couple times I went to backtrack to pick up a weapon and found that the door had shut and locked behind me for no reason-the one right behind me. Also, several areas felt really limited in what my tactical options were. The combat sandbox is still there, just way more limited. In that manner if felt the least "halo" of all the games I played to date.

Tangent to the sandbox-over reliance on 'wave' enounters. Every halo has had these, and I've generally enjoyed them when they pop up. I also enjoyed the MP firefilght missions of Reach. But at some point during H4, I wondered outloud if I had woke up in some alternate universe and was playing some kind of 1st person tower defense game. If done well, they are cool here and there, but over releance on wave encounters is either playing it way to safe, or shows a lack of creativity in enounter design, or maybe a little bit of both.

Story. There is a dichotomy here. The story of the main protagonist was fairly generic, and I never found it particularly interesting. This is however offset by the Master Chief/Cortona storyline that runs paralell, which in my opinion is some of the best storytelling/characterization in the series. So it is both good, and mediocre at the same time.....strangely.

Characters. Felt that the Main protagonist's were done well, as well as Laskey, the Doc., etc. The antogonist was generaic bad guy, and I was particularly turned off by the Spartian IV's. Brash, arogant, stereotyped, just rubbish. The only reason I can see for this is if it's building to some kind of Sparten IV's go nuts, Master Chief has to fight Sparten IV's in a future installment. That would be obvouis and somewhat cliche', but who knows. From the convenent.....Faceless enemies and cannon fodder. Would have liked to have had a little more context/flavor to them. Also, they always speak alien, I kinda liked as how the MC story evolved you began to understand the speach for whatever reason....

Sound design. Generally good. Some of the weapons sounded a little "off" to me at first, but I grew into them. The musicial score....well this is pretty supjective on my part, but I found it to be generic Sci-Fi that ranged from average to good mostly, and only really resonated with me in a couple spots. But I mostly thought it was well done. That being said, I got used to the deep precussions, and other score idiosyncrasies that (for me anyway) let me know I was playing a Halo game with the MC in it. No matter how well done the new score is done in spots, I really missed that "Halo" sound. The composers are obvouisly skilled, here is hoping that they use the old score and build on top of that while iterjecting there own creativity as opposed to just starting from scratch.

MP-I have not played enough MP to really give a solid critique of it. I do miss firefight though......But considering the abundunce of wave combat in the campaign, I guess I can just find a friend to play throug it and get the same effect.......

Overall I think it is a good game, just the weakest in the series as far as gameplay goes, and one of the strongest in storytelling (as long as your refereing to the MC/Cortona story arc), and strong in visuals outside some questionable aestitic choice later in the game.

I'll cut it off here to avoid "wall-o-text".

I love it, and hate it.

343 did a great job, but, however, I don't like the new grunts and lack of the Arbiter.

I have only seen the Heroic ending, so I don't know if Legendary is different and 343, you ruined my birthday - I wont say why but those who have finished will probably guess why.

Now, this feels like Halo, but a bit easier although still very much Halo. One thing I am truly glad 343 kept is the ability to see your legs when you look down, I know most probably don't care, but MC still has legs :)

When I played it another few times and taken time to explore I shall write something proper :)

I like halo 4,only thing I dont like is the how some players seem invincible and can get kills without even trying that hard...Ill be dead on and unload most of my magazine,yet the other guy shoots me 3 times and im dead,and the kill cam shows that his aim was clearly off,he didnt even hit me yet was getting confimed hits on thin air

First i am german and my english is not the best sorry for that but i try my best to explain u what i am thinking of this game.

I played Halo since Halo 1

I bought a xbox only to play Halo 3

and also

I bought a xbox only to play Halo 4

so yes i am a big fan of Halo

Best Games Halo 1+2 and 3. I think u know why this games are the best.

Halo 4 is a good game but maby to newfangled for me.

So i am a "Multiplayer Player" a play the story but only from boredom.

I like the simple style of Halo its shooting against other players and not against vehicels or other stuff no killstreaks ore something else.

Now comes STOP WHAT what is with the cars in Halo yes there are some but u have the choice to play with or without them and thats what i like.

So killstreak and there is my big problem with halo 4. The killstreaks extra packs and so on u addet to the game (Sorry i do not know the english words). Yes nice stuff BUT can u please add more gametypes without them! I loved SWAT MLG and so on all gametypes You with your weapon and for me thats something important for Halo.

So my next problem is also someting u add new "the weapon choice". Since i know halo i have 1 secondary and 1 primary weapon everything else i can get when i am fast enogh or not. Now everybody has a BR or what else. Okay thats nice i must not search for them but that was an important thing in halo 3 i miss in halo 4.

So my last and verry important thing is the XP ban u give when u have payed too much. Sorry guys but WTF we play 6 hours and get an 24 hours XP ban? I think thats not right we must all wait until next day to level up.

Things i wish me for halo 4:

More gametypes like 1vs1, 2vs2

SWAT is comming soon so <3

maby something new not form Call of Duty ;)

more XP per day i dont know the exact limit but it is to low

What i wish me for Halo 5:

Real Servers!!! Please no Host anymore play the game and you know what i mean. Lags and stills from the Host are not something new for us.

I hope u can uderstand my text when u find heavy mistakes corrected the text please.

Nothing is evil meant to be factual special if I could not express perfectly apologize for this.

there should be a forge world, there's no good campaign storyline it's just some added one on to the great storyline that was created by bunjie , the multi player seems a lot more difficult than it used to be, new guns added are in no way is good as the old gun that were taken out as in the brute shot and things like the rocket launcher for the Covenant. the game was really hyped up from what all of the trailers made it out to be and all I really believe it is, is overrated. I never thought I would actually be able to say that Halo 3 ODST would actually be able to beat another Halo game. I believe there should be some new creators of the next game in that should have a more interesting story line that fits into the real Halo franchise instead of making some brand new storyline that has nothing to do with the former storyline. I also like anybody replied give me back there's a certain site to where we can go to to comment on to 343 industries about how to make the next Halo game in what to do to make it better than this 1 because there's a lot of things that need to be improved. I also believe it the game creators of Halo 1, 2 and 3. aka bungie. should return to microsoft because without them the Halo franchise with Master Chief will not be able to live on. and there is no halo without a Master Chief.

Not at all. Campaign was boring and legendary was too easy. Biggest complaint is the multi player. Kill cams show the guy doesnt even have his reticle on me yet every bullet connects. Head shots do nothing. Some players seem invincible at times. Example. I was using a BR and so was my opponent. I shot first. Hit him with 2 burst before he started firing and yet he killed me without his shield even breaking. I hope alot of this gets fixed otherwise I'm trading it toward BO2

Loved it, though I do have one gripe. In campaign and Spartan Ops, the weapons enemies drop disappear way too fast. In other Halos the weapons stayed around for a long time, and on legendary runs that helps a lot. But for instance, at this very moment I'm doing Spartan Ops, Sniper Alley on legendary. A Jackal popped me with a beam rifle, so I kill him and think that beam rifle will come in handy. So I finally get up to where I killed him, and the Jackal and the rifle are gone. =(

*Edit

Grenades, Plasma Grenades especially seem weak as hell. Also, the Railgun really needs a scope.

• Like 2

there should be a forge world, there's no good campaign storyline it's just some added one on to the great storyline that was created by bunjie , the multi player seems a lot more difficult than it used to be, new guns added are in no way is good as the old gun that were taken out as in the brute shot and things like the rocket launcher for the Covenant. the game was really hyped up from what all of the trailers made it out to be and all I really believe it is, is overrated. I never thought I would actually be able to say that Halo 3 ODST would actually be able to beat another Halo game. I believe there should be some new creators of the next game in that should have a more interesting story line that fits into the real Halo franchise instead of making some brand new storyline that has nothing to do with the former storyline. I also like anybody replied give me back there's a certain site to where we can go to to comment on to 343 industries about how to make the next Halo game in what to do to make it better than this 1 because there's a lot of things that need to be improved. I also believe it the game creators of Halo 1, 2 and 3. aka bungie. should return to microsoft because without them the Halo franchise with Master Chief will not be able to live on. and there is no halo without a Master Chief.

LOL the storyline was stolen from bungie? duh its the same universe.Did you want the Master Chief in a world that didn't make sense to prevoious games? 343 took more from the Novels then the games anyways.Alot of people from Bungie are in 343 Josh Holmes and Frank O'Connor have been with Halo for a very long time.Bungie sucked anyway...Halo Reach was B.S. They got lazy near the end of Halo 3.343 just need to realize what they did wrong in the next two installments.Halo 4 was a good idea poorly executed.You should read up on Halo lore before making asinine judgements.

I own a xbox and a xbox360 and a xbox360s and the main reason is for that is Halo the series.

I am disapointed with Halo 4 as it distanced itself from the Bungie principles.

No offence to 343 but Halo have always been the lider of inovation in the games world.

Now all I see is a wanna be copy of the copycat. (no names mentioned)

sorry but this is no inovation!

By the way is this the the progress engine from REACH ?

I am under the impression that this is a fine tuned engine from H3.

Be honest and tell us the true???

I bought the game on the launch day and I'm heart broken with the content. It feels like I only bought a demo for full price.

I must be a dying breed, because I have a expensive and poor Internet service.

I am unable to play online without being booted out due to poor LAN... And I see no point in paying for a gold account for a service I can't use.

And finding H4 forcing me to buy a gold account so I can use the game. Makes me really disapointed and depressed...

Microsoft XBL was a great underdog.

Microsoft XBL is a greedy and horrible topdog.

While no game is perfect and I do think many of the criticisms are more than fair, the game is overall a very worthy successor to Halo 3 in my opinion. Much better than I expected based on some people’s very vocal concerns.

I’m one of those Halo players who loved CE, was disappointed by 2 at the time (but in retrospect I think it was a huge leap forward, especially for its time and for the hardware it was on,) thought 3 was a near perfect synthesis of the two and had some of the most enjoyable and well rounded multiplayer of any game released on a console to date, didn’t enjoy ODST, and only thought Reach was “okay.” I have no exclusive loyalty to Bungie, and in fact felt that they seemed pretty burned out (not in terms of poor development, but personally) after years of making nothing but Halo, so I am happy to see someone else take the reigns. And I welcome some modicum of change, as long as the heart is there. And for me, by my standards, it’s there and then some. They ALMOST completely nailed it, in terms of what I wanted. More than close enough for my money.

Campaign: I don’t agree that it’s devastatingly shorter than previous games. It feels just as middle of the road in length as just about every Halo campaign has ever felt to me. I don’t agree that the game is too easy. I think the standard difficulty has been bumped up by my standards (perhaps I simply suck - that’s not for me to decide, I just play the game,) and on higher difficulties replaying with friends to find skulls and terminals should be the same blast it always was in previous games. The levels feel a lot more tactical and open than any Halo since CE imo. That’s what I’ve always wanted a lot more of from Halo, and 4 delivers this. Though I still want it to be EVEN MORE open. Not open world open, but more options. More opportunities for AI emergent behavior on the battlefield.

That’s one complaint I do have. I miss the marines and covenant going at it more emergently, jacking each other’s vehicles, cracking hilarious one liners, etc. That’s the only part of the Halo spirit that wasn’t nailed by this campaign imo. It happens, but not nearly enough. And with that, I also miss the "wort wort wort" and the "WAAAAAaaaaaah" from 'nade elite kills. But at the same time, the more serious tone serves the tension of the narrative well.

Oh, and as another poster mentioned, weapon drops don't seem persistent enough. They vanish quickly, eliminating that Halo classic ability to backtrack to a weapon you know was laying a whole level back because you're out of ammo. Of course, the ammo and weapon pacing is good enough that it isn't really necessary imo. That said, it’s still my favorite campaign since CE.

Story (and the ending): Wow. 343i has given me one of the most moving stories I’ve experienced in 26 years of gaming for my money. What more can I say? Standing ovation on this front from me. Jen Taylor should win an Oscar. No other game has come close to making me this emotional. Games have moved me, made me think, and engrossed me in their world and characters. VERY FEW have made me outright cry. This is one of them.

Graphics: I don’t agree that they look in any way worse than Halo 3 or its successors. It may be, to my eyes, the prettiest game ever released on 360. They have clearly pushed the hardware to its absolute limit and used every trick possible to get it to look this good, at least in my mind. There may be one or two isolated nitpicks to be made, but graphical presentation is about a cumulative effect, and cumulatively Halo 4 leaves me awestruck visually.

Multiplayer Pros:

Instant respawn. Yes, I said it. I know those of us used to previous Halo games really liked for people to stay dead longer. For several reasons. But at the end of the day, this is a game, it’s meant to be played, and I want to get back to doing so as quickly as possible. I don’t feel it unbalances the game because everyone respawns at the same rate. Any advantage or disadvantage conveyed is applicable to all players and both teams.

Loadouts. Yes, I said that too. No, I’m not a COD fan. I can’t even remember the last COD I actually enjoyed. It’s been that long since I played one I felt any compelling reason to stick with. But perks and specializations are not inherently bad in my book. Just because it’s something COD does, does not make it satan incarnate. Specializations and perks are a largely industry standard feature in games now, especially games with competitive multiplayer, and finding a niche and playstyle that works best for me makes multiplayer feel more like a gradual evolution that I’m working towards rather than just a number or an aesthetic modification as a reward for all my efforts. I understand why it’s controversial. I like it. I do not feel that it makes the game unfair, because of the...

XP cap. While initially annoying, I like that I don’t have to play for hours upon hours each day - even though I probably will anyway - in order to make as much progress as I can. And it staggers progression so that late adopters won’t be too far behind necessarily (although in practice they probably will be.) Either way leveling up in the game doesn’t feel like an insurmountable time sink, so I don’t think any disadvantage suffered by non-specialized characters will seriously hurt balance in the long run. We’ll all get there in fairly short order, with relatively minor effort.

Spartan Ops: No, it’s no firefight. But I like the feel of a co-op mode other than the campaign that still has some lore as its basis. It feels like it matters more, and it’s one of the reasons leveling up to specialization isn’t going to be that big of a deal to me.

Look and feel: I don’t agree that the game looks and feels totally unlike Halo now. It has the same general Halo aesthetic to my eyes, and it still feels like a Halo battle is raging. I don’t agree that the weapons are unbalanced. They all have their purpose, though some are just there for variety despite having some redundancy. That’s not a bad thing inherently, either imo. I like the weapons, frankly. It doesn’t feel that foreign to me after playing a good deal of Halo 3 BTB back in the day. It’s DIFFERENT, yes, but it kind of had to be in my opinion. I didn’t buy a new game just to play the same thing with shinier graphics and a few new features. It still looks and feels like a Halo match to me.

Multiplayer Cons:

Not enough maps for game types. I know there will be DLC, but there should have been more out of the box imo.

No ranked matchmaking. I know this is being added, but like the maps, it should have been present out of the box.

Not enough match type variety. There are some game types I dearly miss.

No separate social and ranked games. This is pretty essential, because one of the largest sources of criticism of the game and inability for some players to play it and enjoy it, is going to come from serious players and teams having to play with more casual players. Both styles of play are valid, and the game needs to cater to them without forcing them together imo.

Needs larger maps for BTB.

Multiplayer in general: While MP isn’t perfect, it’s still FUN and that’s what counts in my book. And it still feels like Halo. And I LIKE the changes (though I understand why others do not.) Just not the omissions. It’s extremely well executed by my standards, but incomplete.

Game in general: for me, I’m just being honest... the game really is a 8 or 9 out of 10 for me. It’s not completely filled in in all the right places, but it very nearly is. It’s not lacking THAT MUCH of what I want, and what is here is absolutely amazing by my standards.

This is just one person’s opinion. Feel free to totally disagree. You’ll get no fight from me. I encourage constructive criticism of any game, especially one that is part of a franchise so widely loved and as storied as this one.

But I’m loving Halo 4. The best thing I can say about it is this. Halo 3 was my first foray into HD. I bought my first HDTV for it. I bought a 360 for it initially. It was my first initiation into online gaming (on a console) as well, as I had never had high speed internet before that due to my area sucking. It was one of the most amazing, eye opening, mind blowing gaming experiences I had ever had. And all these years later, Halo 4 feels ALMOST as polished and exciting by my standards today, even after every amazing game I’ve played since then. And it feels like a natural progression from what Bungie started 11 years ago. For 11 years I’ve played and loved these games, and now they are continuing, and it feels great. It doesn’t feel like the total departure or the failure many feared to me whatsoever.

That’s all I can say.

Graphics: I tend to not care about visual graphics. I'm more into it for the competitive gameplay. Give me a solid FPS in black and white and I'll still play the **** out of it. With that being said, you can say I like the graphics in this game. They don't bother me.

The only playlist I seem to enjoy is Team Slayer Pro, because there is no radar and armor abilities. This game is simply way too fast paced to have a radar as big as the one it gives you in the other playlists. Armor abilites are just pure goofy. I don't see a problem with them in social type playlists but if it was up to me, I would do away with them as a whole. We know thats not going to happen.

You have people that play to have fun, and you have people that play to compete, and you have people that play to do both. Myself, 90% or more of the time I'm playing to compete. With that being said, this game needs RANKED playlists, where a sense of achievement comes from being a higher level than other players. Real competition skill vs skill is my favorite aspect of First Person Shooters. Examples would be from previous Halos- Ranked Team Doubles, Team Slayer, Ranked Regicide/Lone Wolves(FFA) and why not throw in Team Objective types such as Oddball / CTF / Dominion / King of the hill. Don't forget Team Snipers.

I feel a little bitchy complaining about sounds but what the hell, the Battle Rifle sounds like complete ass. I knew it was 3 round burst capable from the get go, but I was looking for a toggle button to switch from semi-automatic to 3 round burst, then I realized it's always 3 round burst. It really sounds like one shot such as the DMR each time you shoot it. The battle rifle from H3 sounded great. The DMR sound could also use improvement in my opinion, considering the DMR and BR are the main 2 weapons that seem to be used over all others. Thats what I tend to hear more than anything.

The magnum should carry a few more rounds in the clip.

Grenades, seem to be underpowered. If your on top of them they will do work, but due to having sprint and just the game being so fast paced, they do not seem to do as much damage as they should. Their should be more grenade spawns on every map and they shouldn't appear on the map in text, players wil learn where they spawn, and if they dont, then that is their loss.

Weapon spawns could use a change as well. At first I liked the idea of power weapons appearing on the map in text/distance so the player can learn where they spawn because the game did just come out. I do not like the idea of this remaining in the game forever. I like it as a Tutorial option. Eventually people will learn, or should learn, where all weapons and grenades spawn. I do not like the idea of everyone playing being able to see exactly where and what power weapon spawned, I do not think this is balanced as far as Ranked gameplay goes. An example of how I think it should be is, For instance, Team slayer. Each team should have a sniper rifle spawn on their default side spawn of the map. Allow only each team to see their sniple rifle Text on their default side of the map. Wether the other team picks theirs up or not, is up for you to find out. Or, just do away with the "Weapons appearing on the map in text/distance" all together, exactly like the other Halos were.

I also read and agree about weapons dissapearing too quickly. I 2nd this notion.

They also need to add more grenade spawns and default weapon spawns on maps. It kind of sucks going on a killing spree then being out of ammo with your primary weapon and not being able to pick up more unless if found on another players body, and like I said, weapons dissapear too quickly imo.

I like the idea of nerfing certain weapon damages and/or adding more shield/health to the player. This topic is very hard for me to put into words but I do not feel like it is balanced as it should be. I don't even know where to start on this. Firefights seem do seem to last very very quickly especially if it is a 2v1 or 3v1 situation. DMR/BR are capable of such a long range in this game that it makes it unfair in many situations. Whenever you are getting shot at while trying to shoot someone else, the game does give a strong aim sway/jerk very similar to other FPS and recent Halo but in this game it's almost just not fair at all in a 2v1 or 3v1 situation because you can die so quickly.

So far I do like the maps in this game but I think there should be a few more by default.

More maps from previous Halos.... If I could pick just One.. it would be Hang 'Em High. Guardian would be nice too.

I love the Sniper Rifle in this game and strongly suggest a Team Snipers should be added. It's probably all i would play.

As far as story mode goes, I haven't played it yet. I'm just not a story mode kind of person, I play simply to compete.

Personally, I do NOT feel like this game should be called Halo. Ever since Reach it's just gotten further and further away from what Halo originally was, BUT, it is obviously a Damn good selling point.

What we really need is Halo 1 with XBL!