The "Unofficial" Whats Your Halo 4 Loadout? Thread

SykoWolf

I think the BR in Halo 3 was fine, it was a 4 shot but generally ended up as a 5 or 6 shot, IF you actually knew how to use it. It is very difficult to get all 4 bursts on someone, generally I get a 5 shot. Sometimes a 4 if I am really on par.

To those choosing Shotguns, Snipers etc, those are not loadout weapons that you can start with. DMR, BR, Carbine, Pistol, PP, Frag Grenade, Plasma Grenade (Maybe Promethean Grenade) and than AA's, Tactical Packages, and Support Upgrades are what you can customize in the loadouts.

Personal Loadout: BR/Pistol/Thruster Pack/Shield Package (Faster Shield Recharge)/and either Resupply or Ammo Upgrade (Extra ammo)

• Like 1

To those choosing Shotguns, Snipers etc, those are not loadout weapons that you can start with. DMR, BR, Carbine, Pistol, PP, Frag Grenade, Plasma Grenade (Maybe Promethean Grenade) and than AA's, Tactical Packages, and Support Upgrades are what you can customize in the loadouts.

Personal Loadout: BR/Pistol/Thruster Pack/Shield Package (Faster Shield Recharge)/and either Resupply or Ammo Upgrade (Extra ammo)

finally, someone realized the packages!

primary-DMR

secondary-depends what playlist (pp for vehicle maps, magnum for others)

armor ability- the counter to PV that has been announced but we havent seen it yet

grenades-plasma

tactical package-Genadier

support package-resupply/ammo (i dont know how much DMR ammo i can scavenge from bodies, so i dont know yet)

Carbine/BR (Depends on which I find to be the better) Magnum secondary.

Probably going with hardlight shield or promethean vision.

As for grenades, heck if I know.

Fyi i've seen screens where shotgun is a choice for primary.

Not in any custom loadout? Maybe it was a game like shotty snipers or something? Anyway I'd love to see these screens. Link if you can please.

:)

Primary is probably going to be AR for charging in or BR for the accuracy.

I plan on using the Firepower package so I can have two primary weapons and then can have a shotgun or Light Rifle for very close or long range fights.

As for the grenade Frag for normal and maybe Promethean for BTB.

AA is either Promethean vision or Auto Sentry

People don't read, you can't have the Shotgun or Light Rifle as a starter, this has been confirmed by 343i. It was in one of the first videos ever posted by 343i. And just to secure your thoughts, I will post a video right here. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw7aCustptg&list=UUq7AJTe2LVeTN_vanfZ5bkw&index=8&feature=plcp

• Like 2

I wonder how powerful the magnum will be?

Probably not as powerful as I'd like it to be. I heard that in Halo: CE the pistol was only as powerful as it was because of a bug in the game. When they reversed the magnum to it's crappy little self in Halo 2 I believe they meant for it to stay that way.

Probably not as powerful as I'd like it to be. I heard that in Halo: CE the pistol was only as powerful as it was because of a bug in the game. When they reversed the magnum to it's crappy little self in Halo 2 I believe they meant for it to stay that way.

Fair enough. Id like it to be more powerful then it was in reach, but not as powerful as it was in Halo CE, somewhere in between would be good :)

I mean the magnum being OP is fun and all but I like it as a weak weapon because it is a sidearm.

Yes, true. However in Halo CE i thought it used explosive rounds?

In Halo 2 and 3 they were just normal rounds, so they did less damage. Then in Reach it used normal rounds but was AM rated for some reason ? (i.e headshot=instant kill if shields are down, like the DMR)

Now I thought the Light Rifle was a possible Loadout weapon, I don't think it's OP in its description or in videos.

Yes but technically it would undermine the BR and DMR since it has three round burst and single shot depending on weather it is zoomed in or not. To be honest I havent seen a whole lot of details about the light rifle in multiplayer. If it were to be a loadout weapon It would probly be a bit more expensive then the other weapons.

From the footage that has been seen the Light Rifle is not overly powerful, but it certainly isn't weak enough to be a primary loadout weapon. Plus... Look what it did to that poor elite in the E3 Demo.

:)

Maybe it will be one of the ordinance drop weapons.

I got a few loadouts. But remember, we don't know what they'll let us spawn with, so I'm just making these off of any weapons that I would like.

Small slayer map: (like Countdown)

Battle Rifle and Assault Rifle with Hardlight Shield.

Medium slayer map: (like Uncaged)

Designated Marksman Rifle and Battle Rifle with Promethean Vision.

Large slayer map: (like Hemmorage)

Designated Marksman Rifle and Sniper Rifle with Active Camouflage.

Small map #2:

Forerunner Scattershot and Storm Rifle

Medium map #2:

Promethean Repeater and Battle Rifle

Large map #2

Promethean Sniper Rifle and Light Rifle

Don't you guys get it? You can't spawn with power weapons like sniper, rockets etc. You can start with DMR,BR,assault rifle,storm rifle and carbine. As of secondary two options until now, magnum and plasma pistol. I read another topic and it seems the shotgun is selectable weapon to spawn with.

Edited by EliteISnIp3r

I got a few loadouts. But remember, we don't know what they'll let us spawn with, so I'm just making these off of any weapons that I would like.

Small slayer map: (like Countdown)

Battle Rifle and Assault Rifle with Hardlight Shield.

Medium slayer map: (like Uncaged)

Designated Marksman Rifle and Battle Rifle with Promethean Vision.

Large slayer map: (like Hemmorage)

Designated Marksman Rifle and Sniper Rifle with Active Camouflage.

Small map #2:

Forerunner Scattershot and Storm Rifle

Medium map #2:

Promethean Repeater and Battle Rifle

Large map #2

Promethean Sniper Rifle and Light Rifle

Very detailed of you :) But i agree with the Promethean sniper, if it was available from the beginning

Don't you guys get it? You can't spawn with power weapons like sniper, rockets etc. You can start with DMR,BR,assault rifle,storm rifle and carbine. As of secondary two options until now, magnum and plasma pistol. I read another topic and it seems the shotgun is selectable weapon to spawn with.

yes, there has been new info about the shotgun being able to be a default in loadouts. there is a seperate topic about it with a screenshot and it looks legit. we have not seen the shotie in any ordinance drops yet (only scattershot for CQC) so i assume it will have to be an unlockable weapon

I believe with all the corners and fast paced gameplay. Any good player will incorporate a shotgun in any loadout. BR/DMR won't be affective with a good shotgun user.

My loadout is DMR/Shotgun with Thruster Packs or Promethian Vision

Grenades don't matter to me with my shotgun in use.

Now that we have the shotgun as a primary weapon choice I will be updating my loadout.

Primary: BR

Secondary: Shotgun

Grenades: Plasma

Perk: Hard-light Shield

Package: Firepower

I think that this topic should be made into an official topic. It's gotten a ton of replies and will be interesting and useful to discuss all the way up to the release of Halo 4. Should be pinned.