The Sniper of 343i.org

Is not JL

Ranger, JL and I have already told you:

When you submit your character, it is final. 

And I specifically said, TRUST JL WITH YOUR CHAR! JL is a fantastic writer, so I have no doubt he will handle your character with the utmost brilliance

The only reason I don't see that happening is because of you pestering him to change stuff.

If you keep doing this, he grows less inclined to put your character into the story.

Summary: If you want your character in the story and to be handled with care, stop asking for changes and trust the writer.

• Like 2

JL, so far I have loved the chapters. They increasingly get better every single time. Your style of writing is very very good for a story like this and the cliff hangers make people wondering what will come next. Excellent work so far. By any chance, are you organizing these in a google doc, or are you just writing them on here as you go along. If you do not have them all on a google doc, I'd love to help an go through to put it all together for people to read if they want to catch up, so they don't have to go searching through other posts. Let me know! Thank you! XD

• Like 1

No Halogeek you know so they know it is me so I know it is me ...you know for example instead of calling you Halogeek I call you....

Halofan or Codwhale or something like that. :D

No matter what you say I can only give one response - your request holds no weight. I can understand changing it, but all I can do now is make a note or something. 

The clever people will understand what I mean, perhaps with a bit of targeted guessing.

JL, so far I have loved the chapters. They increasingly get better every single time. Your style of writing is very very good for a story like this and the cliff hangers make people wondering what will come next. Excellent work so far. By any chance, are you organizing these in a google doc, or are you just writing them on here as you go along. If you do not have them all on a google doc, I'd love to help an go through to put it all together for people to read if they want to catch up, so they don't have to go searching through other posts. Let me know! Thank you! XD

Even if they were on google docs I'd have requested (And I did, although that role has since fallen out of use) a cataloger to work on cataloguing within this thread.

Also, I guess you didn't check the first post yet, which IMO should be the first place people go to if they, y'know, wanna read it.

Ranger, JL and I have already told you:

When you submit your character, it is final. 

It isn't necessarily final. I'd be very happy to change up some of the names of characters - specifically, the ones that are expies.

(And for that reason I'm not changing Ranger into Caboose.)

Edited by JL - Lightning Blaze

No matter what you say I can only give one response - your request holds no weight. I can understand changing it, but all I can do now is make a note or something. 

The clever people will understand what I mean, perhaps with a bit of targeted guessing.

Even if they were on google docs I'd have requested (And I did, although that role has since fallen out of use) a cataloger to work on cataloguing within this thread.

Also, I guess you didn't check the first post yet, which IMO should be the first place people go to if they, y'know, wanna read it.

It isn't necessarily final. I'd be very happy to change up some of the names of characters - specifically, the ones that are expies.

(And for that reason I'm not changing Ranger into Caboose.)

I'd change it if your first sentence held any weight. It didn't. 

Just to be clear, there are certainly better ways of saying things to people. 

Edited by Darth Mayh3m
  • Like 4

Just to be clear, there are certainly better ways of saying things to people. 

There certainly are. I wasn't trying to be mean, but I wasn't really trying to be nice in that sense either. I was simply being factual. 

Apart from what I said to Pbrabbit, because that was a bit of snarky sarcasm :P

There certainly are. I wasn't trying to be mean, but I wasn't really trying to be nice in that sense either. I was simply being factual. 

Apart from what I said to Pbrabbit, because that was a bit of snarky sarcasm :P

JL and I use PAINFUL amounts of Sarcasm.

• Like 1

With a little helpful help, I hope this little trick emphasizes the impact.

Chapter 9: Force Blightning

Galen Marek leaped forwards, thrusting his lightsaber forwards as he clashed against Ranger's own blade. There was a bright flash as the two beams of pure energy danced and intertwined, but neither fighter even blinked, though they wouldn't have needed to anyway. They could sense each other as they fought. Master and pupil, they could recognize, expect, predict, know exactly what would happen next. This was an un-choreographed dance, an un-practiced duet; they were creating an elegant, graceful opus, together.

Galen pushed off, launching backwards while exerting a force upon Ranger. Rather than brace, he simply let himself get swept upwards, spectacularly doing a backflip in the process before landing on both feet without sweat. Both twirled their blade, readjusting their grip while at the same time breathing in that familiar hum that came from their swords, before they came together again, sabers twirling, clashing, blocking, slashing, and basically turning this fight into what looked like a funfest of glowsticks.

Ranger tried for slice towards Galen's head, who promptly ducked underneath before pushing outwards with his palm, using the force to send a wave of energy into his opponent, sending him sliding backwards for about 5 meters. Ranger stepped forwards to renew his assault, but suddenly droop to a keeling position, his hands coming up to clutch his stomach as his lightsaber clattered out of his hands, the beam of energy retracting.

Galen sprinted forwards. "Ranger, are you alright?" Holding out his hand, he took a good grip on Ranger's forearm before pulling him up. "Didn't think you'd take a hit that easy."

Ranger shrugged it off. "An injury to my stomach some time ago. It's nothing. Let us carry on."

The Pit.....

The prisoner within the suit of armor opened his eyes. Accordingly, two red lights flared to life within the faceplate, reflecting the state his eyes were. His eyes gazed around the hallway, watching the lights as they pulsed along the walls, tracing the outlines of the guardian statues that were placed equidistantly on each side of the hallway, each manually controlled by 343iBot.

Although, something was different today.

Each of them weren't moving, but they were all pointing their weapons at the suit of armor.

The prisoner would shrug if he could move. All they would be able to do was break the armor, and then he'd be out and fighting. Staring up, he gazed at the visitor who had done all this - a figure that the prisoner recognized. The figure gazed at the two crimson eye-gaps.

"I can get you out, if you will work with me."

The prisoner would smile if he could move.

"Do go on.

Elsewhere......

"Phase One is nearing completion."

"Your prediction skills are of note. Without them, we would not be here."

"Yes. The mods, as expected, have denied help. When the time comes, each of them will suffer. The member's attention has been drawn. Church's group are now hunting for our 'Sniper'. Mayh3m and Elite Sniper have responded to our call and have began to hunt for the relic. Our target for Beta has been chosen. The pricks will soon be entering town. Our friend downstairs will soon be unleashed, and our friend upstairs will soon be awakened. Even now, Drizzy and his team continue through banned. With the help of their next....teammate, they will gain the ability to navigate that world."

"And me?"

"You will continue being my hand, my pawn, my tool and my weapon. For that, I thank you."

"No....Thank you."

"But will you be able to take your next kill, I wonder? He is of importance to you, after all. Failure to do so, and....." The message was clear.

"Have no doubt, Master. I am not afraid; you predict success, and success means we will meet again."

"Good. Be ready for phase two. We'll cut off the prick's internet connection - they'll be forced to enter town. We shall initiate when that happens."

"Yes, Master."

• Like 5

My blade clashed against the blade of Galen, again and again, for what seemed like the millionth time. My muscles were tired, strained, and I was certain Galen felt the same way - but both of us didn't let up. Our strokes remained practiced and perfect, our movements limber and quick. Beads of sweat were shaking off us, but that was the only difference compared to the start of our fight.

There was a shift in the tempo of the fight, and both of us pushed backwards, before promptly raising our arms. Then we were locked in a battle of will, both our blades by our sides but unused as we focused our energies into the force.

Slowly, the energy increased - the air began to shimmer as our telekinesis began to affect the particulates within the air. While I couldn't see it, I could feel all the oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide and other particles in the air brush against each other and smash.

One of them sparked.

And our force changed, as both of us poured our energy into Force Lightning. Blue beams of electricity erupted from the tips of our fingers and clashed within the air, erratically bending as they manoeuvred around the positively charged particles in the air. For a moment, it was still.

Then my mind flickered.

There was a legend once, of a warrior who had once manipulated lightning as though it was second nature. He ability with the electricity was so spectacular, so well practiced, that even the basics of the power, like moving direction due to particles, could be ignored. His skill with the element was such to the point that things like electromagnetism was easy.

That legend had been an era ago, and presently....

Presently I was slammed by a zap of lightning that seemed to send a flare across my chest - pain spasmed and numbed, convulsing at the same time, creating a moment of utter confusion for my body. The kinetic impact sent me flying backwards, and my chest began to steam.

Galen ran towards me with urgency, his weapon's beam retracting itself even as he re-attached it to his belt.

"You have something on your mind."

I nodded, even as I picked myself up and turned towards a case I had placed in the corner.

"I do." I clicked open the case, temporarily touching the foam within because it felt good before reaching in to take the parts out. Galen walked towards me, unsuspectingly. "And I can tell you what it is easily."

He gestured.

"Something's coming, Galen. There's people who need your help, and a danger arriving here. I need to send you elsewhere. But don't worry, everything will be fine."

My hands clicked together a black rod and a long, rectangular piece. I lowered it, then picked up another rectangular piece and attached that piece to the creation as well. My hand moved to take a cylinder - but stopped. There was no need for that.

I took the magazine, checked the bullet had been hacked, and stabbed it into the rifle.

Galen stared at me.

"What?"

"Be thankful. I await when I see you again."

I raised the sniper rifle and shot him in the chest.

Edited by Caboose the Ace
  • Like 1

Wait... So Ranger is the sniper and I get to visit Drizzy_Ban and co in banland? Yay! Plot twist

?????

Now you've confused the writer. Whaaaaat?

Anyways, guys, I'm (sorry? to say that) losing interest in writing out the entirety of TSO343i.org. No, it's not writer's block, I know exactly where the story's going next and how to write it, I just....feel less inclined to do it. Chapters might get slower releases and shorter overall, and I hope it doesn't get shut down to the point of me just writing a summary of the story to come....

No, it's not because of life issues and whatnot. 

Edited by JL - Lightning Blaze

?????

Now you've confused the writer. Whaaaaat?

Anyways, guys, I'm (sorry? to say that) losing interest in writing out the entirety of TSO343i.org. No, it's not writer's block, I know exactly where the story's going next and how to write it, I just....feel less inclined to do it. Chapters might get slower releases and shorter overall, and I hope it doesn't get shut down to the point of me just writing a summary of the story to come....

No, it's not because of life issues and whatnot. 

How dare you...

• Like 1

PSA: Bannedland

Drizzy: Hi, I'm Drizzy_Dan, from the webseries that no one reads, TSO343i.org.

Ranger: And I'm Ranger, from the same series.

Drizzy: You know, it sucks knowing that nobody reads this, and that in truth we aren't the real Drizzy_Dan and Ranger.

Ranger: We aren't?

Drizzy: Yeah. The real you is currently named Caboose the Ace.

Ranger: Whaaat? This feels so weird. Oh well - we're just characters. So, Drizzy. Tell me, why did the writer bring us here?

Drizzy: Well, you see, the writer actually hates writing this story. His only wish is to pretty much torture, burn and agonize all his characters in front of an audience. Unfortunately for him and fortunately for us, he doesn't have an audience so he's stuck with us. He also has a story of some sort laid out but he's kinda lazy and unmotivated, because, y'know. How fun is it creating something magical for 0 views? *cough*343icommunityforumchannel*cough*yougetanaward*cough*

Ranger: Oh. Cool. Well, it actually feels like torture for me, because I'm staring at a non-audience and saying all this out.

Audience: ........

Drizzy: Aaaaaaanyways, lets get on. We're here today to do a public service announcement concerning the realm of the banned, which has appeared as a recurring world that TSO343i.org is set in.

Ranger: Yup. Within the story, I'm a sniper who bans people -

Drizzy: And I'm a worthless mod who got banned. Don't ask me why, just go blame the writer. 

Ranger: Now you're probably wondering, what is this banned place? Tell me more! Is it a great vacation spot?

Drizzy: And we can tell you now that we don't know anything.

Ranger: Ye- wait, what?

Drizzy: Apart from some things.

Ranger: *scratches head*

Drizzy: The realm of the banned, AKA Bannedland, AKA banned, AKA the opposite world, AKA Twam's playground, and more specifically known as 'Real life'-

Ranger: Subjectively.

Drizzy: Is where all the members on 343i.org who have been banned go. 

Ranger: Nobody is exempt, except maybe the people who are exempt, like Twam, who, if banned, would take everyone with him.

Drizzy: 'Real life' is home to many people who are messed up, full of issues, and worse. Monsters roam the wild lands without a second thought of civilization, and those who stay here will have lost their civility very quickly.

Ranger: Time doesn't flow normally; space is distorted.

Drizzy: Ever seen the Distortion world, in Pokémon, or the otherwordly creations on sandbox games? It's kinda like that. The rules of physics apply, but always with a twist.

Ranger: So basically, for the uneducated, this is a ground-evener.

Drizzy: Unfortunately, the same does not apply to those who are physically inept, because the harsh terrain to navigate is going to be a challenge to all those who get on the wrong side of Azaxx. Or Ranger's rifle.

Ranger: Objectively.

Drizzy: Anyways, it seems our time may be up so we'll have to go. If you've got any questions, feel free to PM me. My display name is still Drizzy_Dan.

Ranger: But - wait. I thought you weren't the real Drizzy_Dan.

Drizzy: Hmm. I dunno. What if we're all just a figment of imagination in the real Drizzy's mind? Even the writer?

Ranger: Well, then, it might help explain why everything seems....slow.

Drizzy: Not saying he's - I'm - slow. 

Ranger: Times up. See you soon!

• Like 4