Xbox vs PS3

HALO 4 FAN

I would have to agree with the point on blu ray, but I like it for playing my BRD movies lol...though blu ray was not necessary, it does help make the PS3 an awesome home entertainment system

I like the PS3 as well, it's just that it's superior capabilities are greatly exaggerated. It's suppose to be a monster yet it can't handle party chat. And games like Killzone 2 and 3 (which I love me some Killzone) look gorgeous, but often stutter under the 30 FPS mark when things get hectic. But yes, the ps3 is a great system with some great franchises. Both consoles are great. If you're gonna choose just one it's basically just a choice of which franchises do you like the most.

I like the PS3 as well, it's just that it's superior capabilities are greatly exaggerated. It's suppose to be a monster yet it can't handle party chat. And games like Killzone 2 and 3 (which I love me some Killzone) look gorgeous, but often stutter under the 30 FPS mark when things get hectic. But yes, the ps3 is a great system with some great franchises. Both consoles are great. If you're gonna choose just one it's basically just a choice of which franchises do you like the most.

Yeah i used to play the heck outta Killzone 2/3...I know exactly what youre talking about. I use the Xbox for Halo and PS3 for everything else lol

I own both, but I enjoy my 360 quite a bit more

Plus, I started my whole online career through Xbox and Xbox 360 so all of my friends are on the 360

Yeah all my friends are on xbox as well...but good thing is they all only play halo really too lol

Haha, wow. Well, I have both Xbox 360 and PS3. PS3 is better. The only thing that takes me back to playing my Xbox 360, is Halo. On PS3 you get better games and a bigger variety. Uncharted 3 (EPIC), Twisted Metal, Killzone 3 (My favorite), Little Big Planet 2 (Its actually fun), Starhawk (Great third person shooter), Resistance 3, God of War Ascension (OMG O_O), Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale (SSBB for PS3), and lets not forget about DUST 514...(FREE TO PLAY MMO coming out for PS3), and we also have another FREE TO PLAY MMO... DC Universe Online(Amazing). Oh and then theres The Last of Us(wow....just wow...) There may be more PS3 games that I have not mentioned. And you dont have to pay to play online.

What does Xbox 360 have? Gears & Halo. And Gears isnt even that good, compared to Uncharted. Ive played both for a long time.

But Xbox is better at being more of a social console, party chats, having a bio, moto, and sendig voice messages, etc.

This is why I think my PS3 is better than my Xbox 360. I rather play a console that is all about the games, than a console that is about being more social. And btw im logged into this forum and posting this threw my PS3's internet browser and using my keyboard that i use for my PC on PS3. Can't do that on my Xbox 360...

Enough of that, im here for Halo :D

That post is extremely biased, you mention a bunch of ps3 games and only 2 Xbox games? Gears vs Uncharted is subjective, even if you've played both, you can't just say one is better than the other, I've played both also and it's a matter of preference. Also Xbox has other exclusives other than Gears and Halo, saying that's all it has is wrong. There's more to the Xbox library, for example, Lost Odyssey, one of the best japanese rpgs this gen is an Xbox 360 exclusive. Not to forget the Fable series, Alan Wake, the Forza series, Bayonetta, and a bunch of great XBLA exclusives.

That post is extremely biased, you mention a bunch of ps3 games and only 2 Xbox games? Gears vs Uncharted is subjective, even if you've played both, you can't just say one is better than the other, I've played both also and it's a matter of preference. Also Xbox has other exclusives other than Gears and Halo, saying that's all it has is wrong. There's more to the Xbox library, for example, Lost Odyssey, one of the best japanese rpgs this gen is an Xbox 360 exclusive. Not to forget the Fable series, Alan Wake, the Forza series, Bayonetta, and a bunch of great XBLA exclusives.

Not only is it biased, GoW and Uncharted are two completely different types of games. Both have their positives and negatives. There is a reason why both have a tremendous following

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Xbox:

Xbox Original

Halo

Halo 2

Xbox 360

Halo 3

Halo 3 ODST

Halo Wars

Halo Reach

Halo 4

Great Xbox Updates

Dashboard Updates

Great Console/Acessorie Prices

Great Games

Xbox Smartglass

Kinect

Windows 8

Bing

Youtube

Voice Commands

Internet Explorer and more!

Does PS3 have these?! NO

actually they have a lot of those things or better options that do the same thing... or they are ust things no one wants to use a console for anyway ( like browse the internet.)

i'm a gamer, I have both, and though I would like xbox to be better, PS3 is better because PSN+ and how they care about their customers when MS doesn't.

also halo 3, ODST, reach and halo 4 suck.

Xbox 360 for me. I own all the major consoles but, I prefer the 360. The PS3 doesn't have any major online multiplayer titles that I like that the xbox doesn't already have. All the people I play online with are on xbox. The PS3 only has some single player exclusives that I like and they ported a lot of my favorite PS2 classics and PS1 as well onto the PS3 for arcade games or HD collections. Plus it has the Kinect which is better or my daughter who isn't very good using motion controllers like the move or wii. Plus I already put so much time into my GS on my GT which is up to 50K I'm gonna stay with my xbox. The XBL had a lot less problems with online gaming as well. I came across more hackers in MW2 in two weeks on PSN then I did in over a year on XBL. That's my opinion though.

Also someone's post above reminded me of a few things. PSN has crashed and been down for more then a few days multiple times and you can't change your screen name at all. Playstation Plus though is something I wish XBL would incorporate.

I own both and love them both, each consol has it's own upsides and downsides..fanboys of each consol will only focus on the upsides and do anything they can to put down the other consol..truth is though they are both awesome systems

XBOX wins

even if PS3 has free online they crash alot. but Xbox you can change your gamertag. PS3 cant. Xbox go in partys. PS3 cant. Xbox HALO. PS3 ???

PS3 has resistance wich is an awesome series, the multiplayer has never been any good but the story was awesome

There isn't much differance between the consoles now hardware wise,they are both powerful systems.The differences are online,games and the fact PS3 you can upgrade the HDD similiar to a PC and it can support 1080p which xbox can only do 720p.I think the PS3 is a better system,but Xbox has Halo =P.If Halo did not exist i would be a PS3 follower.

did you really have to start a useless console flame war both consoles have their good and bad things there's no need to point them out. This thread is probably another useless attempt to to have a successful thread

I believe it is actually YOU who is starting the flaming, this entire thread is nothing but polite and civilized discussion.

PS3 has a new game called Dust 514 which has dedicated servers, thousands of different maps 24 on 24 battles.... 10 thousand full sized solar systems above you with real battles going on within them from a computer game called EVE online... you can befriend EVE online players to strike down your planet and kill the enemy.... I will not make a 10 page essay on it... which it deserves, but the game is free, and Microsoft will take a hit because they didn't allow it for Xbox...