Xbox vs PS3

HALO 4 FAN

PS3 has a new game called Dust 514 which has dedicated servers, thousands of different maps 24 on 24 battles.... 10 thousand full sized solar systems above you with real battles going on within them from a computer game called EVE online... you can befriend EVE online players to strike down your planet and kill the enemy.... I will not make a 10 page essay on it... which it deserves, but the game is free, and Microsoft will take a hit because they didn't allow it for Xbox...

Sounds awesome, but that "Thousands of maps" Part is exagerating quite a bit.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly, each console have some qualities and defaults. So we can't say that one is better than the other. The xbox have Halo serie, but ps3 got God of war. For the online, we have to pay for xbox, but the quality is better. For ps3, it is free but the quality is not as good as the one for the xbox... There are a lot of things I could say, but in my opinion, the two consoles are good.

PS3 should actually be the dominant console.

It has more power than XBOX 360 and it uses a more advanced format, namely Blu-Ray. PS3 also has some top notch exclusives: God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo. But XBOX 360 dominates and PS3 trails.

I think the reason is that Microsoft is doing a much better job of using the XBOX 360's capabilities than Sony is doing. If Sony made better use of the PS3's power, it would be the top selling console (PS3 was a factor in Blu-Ray's success over HD-DVD), but it seems like PS3 has all this power, but Sony doesn't know what to do with it.

Microsoft, on the other hand, is doing a superb job of exploiting the capabilities of the XBOX 360.  Plus they've got powerhouse exclusives like HALO and Gears of War. There's also XBOX Live and Kinect which Sony does not have.

Also, the XBOX Dashboard has much better functionality (and pizazz) that PS3's XMB. I can find what I'm looking for on the XBOX 360 easier than I can on PS3 (I'm a former Playstation fan, BTW).

Lastly, I've played some games on both PS3 and XBOX 360 and the graphics look of the same level of quality. The XBOX had greater power than PS2 and there was a noticable difference in the quality of graphics of  multi-platform games. Are 51 and X-Men Legends looked much better on XBOX than on PS2, but Final Fantasy XIII-2 looks the same on both consoles. If PS3 is so much more powerful than XBOX 360, the PS3 version should reflect that. The only game I've noticed any real difference between the two versions is that the PS3 version of Street Fighter X Tekken loads a little faster than the XBOX 360 version.

So XBOX vs. PS3? I'd say XBOX wins. And XBOX (whatever Microsoft decides to call it) will win over PS4. 

Here's another onservation.

PSN is something of a battle. I always felt like I had to fight the get firmware updates or game downloads.

XBOX Live works great. Once I get on to XBL, it's a breeze to download updates, games and game demos (I'm a free member, haven't upgraded to Gold status just yet).