Xbox Smartglass

Kinect

Windows 8

Bing

Youtube

Voice Commands

Internet Explorer and more!

Does PS3 have these?! NO

I lol'd at this. But yes, Xbox all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

PC

/thread

Off topic.

#sosad

OT: Xbox has had two strong exclusive series that are still running strong. Gears of War and Halo. PS3 has Uncharted and Rachet and Clank... Then you have the multi-platform titles such as Assassins Creed and BF3 and CoD.

Besides games lets look at what else each has to offer:

PS3 can support stronger graphics.

PS3 has BluRay

Xbox has Better Online (more secure too)

PS3 has Move

Xbox has Kinect

Xbox has a larger target audience where PS3 is aimed at 10-17 year old kids and teenagers. Xbox is geared for all ages (with the addition of Kinect).

Xbox has internet explorer 8

Both have a Marketplace

Xbox Has Bing

Xbox has Voice Command (via Kinect)

Xbox now has SmartGlass

Sony has the Ericson (phone)

Microsoft has the Windows 7 (probably 8 now) phone

PS3 has better hardware.. it is very nice better than the 360, but when you look beyond hardware at all the features each console has to offer,

PS3 is not close to what Xbox displays and presents.

My vote: Xbox.

BTW, I know PS3 has more features, but even still.. I believe Xbox still has the upper hand all the way around.

Xbox is definately rising up to be the supreme. I believe even a Wii U could beat the PS3.. I'm just so tired of the Wii haters even though it has more sales then xbox and ps3.. haha

False statement is false.http://www.geekwire.com/2012/xbox-360-tops-wii-ps3-1st-time-yearly-global-sales/

"Sony’s earnings report, issued yesterday, puts the PlayStation 3 at 6.5 million units sold worldwide for the holiday quarter, topping the 5.6 million units registered by Nintendo’s Wii for the same period — but falling short of the 8.2 million Xbox 360 sales reported by Microsoft."

Of course PS3 is better hardware because it's a newer system, but it really lacks alot of things that players WANT.

I think they should take a step back and realize their online should be upgraded. Xbox 360 has better and more games, in my opinion Xbox is better for shooters, and it also goes way down to simple,fun,family games. The only reason I would buy a PS3 is for the blu-ray graphics..

PS3 has better hardware?....

A SONY executive leaked that the PS3 has insufficient RAM to allow cross game chat.

Now tell me, how has the PS3 got better hardware?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMO Xbox, Xbox 360, and soon to be Xbox 720, so Xbox has much better servers, better set-up in general you may have to pay for it but you get a LOT of stuff for it especially from Xbox Rewards you get some money back for you buying more stuff.

This. Xbox live is awesome and Halo is the best!

You know what? Since I had a bad answer to one of these threads. I am going to say why xbox 360 is better, well lets just say from a developers point of view eh?

The xbox 360-in games programming terms- is the better machine as the GPU is more powerful, providing greater pixel and vertex processing horsepower.

The bandwidth of the GPU is pretty massive too. Though partly this is balanced out by differences in VRAM layout of the two systems, that means the xbox needs to move graphics data around the system more than the PS3 does.

Okay heres the sections and stuffs.

Performance: On paper, the PS3 is more powerful. In reality, it's quite inferior to the 360. Without getting into too many details, the three general-purpose CPU's the xbox360 has are currently FAR easier to take advantage of than the SPU's on the PS3. I suspect a few years down the road some high budget, first party PS3 exclusive titles will come out that really take advantage of the SPU's and do things the XBOX 360 can't, but I don't think the console is worth buying based on this speculation (for some it will be though, we'll have to wait and see how these games turn out).

Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can't get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

You know what? Since I had a bad answer to one of these threads. I am going to say why xbox 360 is better, well lets just say from a developers point of view eh?

The xbox 360-in games programming terms- is the better machine as the GPU is more powerful, providing greater pixel and vertex processing horsepower.

The bandwidth of the GPU is pretty massive too. Though partly this is balanced out by differences in VRAM layout of the two systems, that means the xbox needs to move graphics data around the system more than the PS3 does.

Okay heres the sections and stuffs.

Performance: On paper, the PS3 is more powerful. In reality, it's quite inferior to the 360. Without getting into too many details, the three general-purpose CPU's the xbox360 has are currently FAR easier to take advantage of than the SPU's on the PS3. I suspect a few years down the road some high budget, first party PS3 exclusive titles will come out that really take advantage of the SPU's and do things the XBOX 360 can't, but I don't think the console is worth buying based on this speculation (for some it will be though, we'll have to wait and see how these games turn out).

Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can't get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

All the tech stuff you said is nothing compared to modern computers. Honestly if it was not for Halo the xbox would be terrible. I can play any game you can on console on PC and play it with better graphics, less lag (ok so that just may be my internet), and have a larger community. That is why I love PC so much more, but anyway. The processing power of the 360 and PS3 is both meh, so really the games are about equal. Honestly the PS3 vs 360 argument is dull and lifeless at this point as most people agree that they are about equal in most aspects.

Xbox, because they actually appear to update. I don't own a PS3, but my friend has one and every couple of months I use one. It could just be the static appearance, but to my little understanding they barely even update it. Xbox has Netflix, allows you to stream movies/TV/music on Zune, you have HBO, ESPN, ect. The software always updates and for the better in my opinion. Playstation definitely has some good exclusives, I'll give it that, but there's like no social connection. It's better for you if you play single player games with Xbox for multiplayer. That's just a general statement as PS3 has Killzone, a good multiplayer game while Xbox has Mass Effect 1 is a good single player. There's more, and probably better examples, but in my opinion Xbox has a better set of games and software.

You are on a Xbox-Exclusive industry's forum so expect to hear nothing but PS3-bashing and Xbox-praising.

All the tech stuff you said is nothing compared to modern computers. Honestly if it was not for Halo the xbox would be terrible. I can play any game you can on console on PC and play it with better graphics, less lag (ok so that just may be my internet), and have a larger community. That is why I love PC so much more, but anyway. The processing power of the 360 and PS3 is both meh, so really the games are about equal. Honestly the PS3 vs 360 argument is dull and lifeless at this point as most people agree that they are about equal in most aspects.

This is a ps3 vs xbox 360 GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR PC stuff. I've seen gameplays on computer with full sized graphics at max, I hardly see a difference. Sorry to burst your bubble, Plus Game developers for PC have to be careful making there games on pc they have to make sure a pc can handle it.