I'll like to see it come back. They haven't said anything about it so there's a 50/50 chance. But if they isn't it won't bother me. Clans were still formed and competed against one another in Halo 3 and Reach. We would probably just do that again.

I comletely agree here... either way its not going to change my interest in the game.. but it would make it a lot easier to manage my community's division/s as they grow and more divisions are needed to form for management of members for competition ect...

• 4 weeks later...

agreed it would be good to see it come back. but the prob with clans are this...

1. wars involving people glitching for overload in that clan

2. spamming communications

3. security to accounts risk

4. cyber commandos that blab too much

But one big reason why they too it off is because on the old system we didn't have communication between the games. (as much)

But now we got that big time on the 360, however we do have the want for it to come back to this game that would mean people will get but hurt untill it is on all games.

Another good reason why they got rid of it is because enemy clans would glitch for overlord. this would give them the rights to promote people to that permission level. That would wreck a clan if they did that.

However simple steps can be made to fix this problem and more. Even to the ability to set up different ranks with permissions within that rank.

so yea i hope they bring it back!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I actually posted something about a possible clan gametype, where clans fight each other in objective-based story-driven matches similar to Gang Wars in Max Payne 3. I included details involving the structure of the teams, the possible developments of the war between two clans, and even the backstories of each mission. My post is called Awesome Halo4 Gametype Idea, with tag "343 should hear this."

It would be really cool. But I wouldn't get involved at all. I hate stupid politics in clans. I would only join one if there was a clan for this forum :D

I do too, that's why I made sure that the clan I was joining was laid back and light on rules before joining. Your typical modern clan is a breeding ground for drama which I despise considering the purpose of video gaming for me is to have an enjoyable experience.

I never had Xbox live when I had Halo 2, so I don't know what they did to help out with clans. Could someone explain what they did?

They had a simple system where you could invite others to your clan and you could give them ranks within the clan. Your clan was easily accessible with the push of a button. It was all contained within a simple menu.
  • Like 1

They had a simple system where you could invite others to your clan and you could give them ranks within the clan. Your clan was easily accessible with the push of a button. It was all contained within a simple menu.

More specificaly, it was basically a 2nd friends list. You know how you have a tab for friends, messages; well you would have another for clans with up to 100 members that acted exactly like a friends list. You had an "Overlord" that had full control over who can be in or out of the clan.

I'm sorry many of you had bad experiences with clans. General rule of thumb, unless the clan has a active forum, dont join it. Many clans have communities with the same believes shared with 343i.org. And dont have restrictions as long as you enjoy playing with the people in the clan and respect them. Personnaly, with Podtacular we have a recreational clan and a competitive clan. One for people that just want another f/l of 100 people that play to have fun and to be able to join our events and the other for people that played to win.

Personally after the whole Clan deal with Halo 2, clans became too serious and a joke in my opinion. If you want to play with people, play with friends, just join as groups like people learned to do in Halo 3 and Reach. Bringing clans back wouldnt bother me at all, I just wouldnt participate.

Clans are fun, but only when done properly. None of this Ultra serious BS. Sure you can have ranks and order, but its not a real military so dont act like it. Clans allow competitive gaming to go a step further suhc as by having all out clan wars which in practise are quite fun, cause your fighting to win, not just for fun. Bragging rights help too :P