Halo 4 News: Campaign and Multiplayer details

FIREN4

There seems to be a lot of hate for the random weapon spawns within the youtube comments. Can someone tell me why? As I honestly cannot think of it as having a huge negative impact on gameplay. It creates a fairer game in my opinion especially to those that are new to the game. It will also give an oddball approach to normal slayer. With all players going for the power weapon.

This is why: A lot of people go to the effort of memorizing power weapon spawn locations and respawn times. This means that they'll no longer be able to this. Which fails. They go to the effort of memorizing this stuff so they deserve the advantage it gives them.

This is why: A lot of people go to the effort of memorizing power weapon spawn locations and respawn times. This means that they'll no longer be able to this. Which fails. They go to the effort of memorizing this stuff so they deserve the advantage it gives them.

I'm actually one of those people :P.

Weapons

Covenant carbine returning? Yippee! Though I always used the BR, this could technically kill faster if you hit all your shots.

Assault carbine...? I'm curious.

All other confirmations were expected though.

I'm sure that the random drop weapons are either custom game specific, gametype specific, or only forge enabled.

Respawn

Seems like a weird feature...most likely gametype specific. Most likely FFA and Slayer has this...can't see objective games (or at least competitive settings ones) using this feature.

Join games in progress

Disappointing for sure. Hopefully this has a playlist of its own. Or make it a matchmaking preference to not join games already started or give you the option of canceling joining it.

Gamemode Stuff

My guess on distraction - kill someone that was shooting at a hologram. Revenge is obvious.

Regicide is kinda confusing to understand based off the cliff note given for it. Seems like another kind of juggernaut with how it's described.

Spartan Ops sounds...I dunno. Maybe it'll have its own playlist or something? I didn't watch the video or read the scans so if it is more described in those then I'll check them out sometime.

Armor Abilities

Everyone kinda already discovered hologram and jet pack returning. Plus people were expecting sprint to maybe be the default. Hopefully that means that armor abilities will now be pickups instead of loadout specific so people have to fight for them.

Forerunner Vision better have an extremely limited radius or just be like a "burst" of energy that breifly highlights enemies for like...half a second to a second.

Multiplayer

I wonder if how exactly it will tie directly into campaign. Maybe chief will be given the red and blue recruits to help him at some point? Or maybe have flashbacks to him training.

Hopefully none of the loadouts you can buy are overpowered and that the default ones can hold their own so new players aren't hindered. Or maybe that just means that you buy another loadout to choose from that you can customize.

I'm REALLY hoping none of the stuff you can unlock weapon, AA, and modification wise is over powered. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Technology

We already new is was using a modified Reach engine and that they said the major difference would be lighting and shading.

"Pushing *insert console* to the limit" is hype said about any and every big game coming out.

Overall, I'm glad we got some news and I'm excited for whenever I get the game informer with all the info. I'm sceptical about a few things based off their brief description but I'll stay open until we get more info and I try the game out.

• Like 1

After hearing these things I had a hard time "Not" jumping to sertan conclusions... I know most of this may or may not be true, but for Halo's sake I hope the "Unlockable" upgrades and loadouts isn't true... I have loved every halo game without question. Why? because no matter what new features they added, the gameplay was still fair. but when i hear things like "Spartan points" and "Upgrades" well that just throws off the balance of the whole Idea of Fair. But... since i dont know what will be and what will not, all i can hope for is the spartan points being like credits and upgrades being add ons to armor and or weapons that do "Not" affect gameplay, and ofcorse Unlockable loadouts being like the Teir Loadouts for invasion on reach... But like many others have said. These my not be real, witch gives me hope, and 343i saying it still feels like halo... well i don't know how halo felt for anyone else... But for me it was the story that made halo, the gameplay that kept me comming back, and the fact that no matter how much you play halo you will "Always be as strong as your opponant.

As for the new game types I think thats great their making some new ones.

The random respawn of weapons well I dont really know what to think about that.

Instant respawn... maybe for sertan gametypes and or costom gametype options. But I would like to keep the 3 second respawn thing going...

Armor abilities I never did have a problem with them. I love them (Jet pack and Armor lock being my least favorite). Of corse I'm not saying I never used them myself. The Forerunner Vision... if tweeked right it wont become the new armorlock... (Not literaly, but you know what I mean... Right?)

Still holding out hope for 343I, and i'll never give up halo. Even if it does someday turn into my worst nightmare... CoD...

Thats the reason i'm fearing the Spartan Points and Unlockable loadouts and upgrades... I would like to have more information on thise spasifacly... I've never thought halo was turning into CoD. I defended Halo: Reach because it was nothing like CoD. It was still halo. This is the first time I've actualy feared this. But knowing 343 and the Halo franchise would be ruined if this had happend and i'm sure they know it, I dont think it will change into anything but Halo.

I'm starting to babble so I'll end with this.

Halo Rules!

This...

Having customization options do not necessarily make the game...its be expected that there will be small advantages due to certain weapons being OP. Wouldn't surprise me if, for instance, the BR is OP slightly versus the AR or vice versa come launch time...

What 343 needs to watch out for is stupid Armor Abilities, like AL, or including power weapons in their loadouts.

As long as they confine loadouts to a good set of AA's and keep the possible weapons things like the AR, BR, Magnums, Carbines, etc etc. Now, if 343 starts trying to bring the power weapons into the mix, we have a major MAJOR problem.

The more and more this is being cleared up the more im loving it and cant wait for halo 4!

EDIT: The only thing I'm hoping for is that we wont have matches with like one person OP and a person that has nothing. Like COD, but 343, it looks different and all but it still still feels like Halo. I trust that by that statement, 343 are going to manage the matchmaking wonderfully, matching other people with their equivalent other. So maybe yea, you unlock stuff as you go and all, but no one is OP. In every game, everyone starts equal, just like past halos even though some stuff are going to be different.

Weapons featured in Halo 4

• AR, DMR, BR I hope the DMR isn't more powerful than the BR, and if the DMR is returning then why wasn't it in the other Halo's? or atleast mentioned?
  • ASSAULT CARBINE ?
  • COVENANT CARBINE
  • SHOTGUN
  • ROCKET LAUNCHER
  • SNIPER
  • MAGNUM & PLASMA PISTOL

Weapon Camping No Longer!

• Weapons will spawn by landing randomly throughout the map, along with drop pods If they have to do this for whatever reason I hope its just in social gametypes and not ranked, replacing skill (knowing the spawn location and timings) with luck is not balanced or fair for competitive gameplay.

Respawn in...0 seconds!

• After dieing, tap "X" twice to respawn, back in the gameMeans a player that was just killed will be able to kill the person that killed him instantly on small maps, IMO the killer should have time for their shields to regenerate, reload and relocate. Also it makes exterminations impossible.

No more excuses!

• Players can now join in-progress games Please no! If I'm on the winning team and the enemy team starts quitting and then a really good player joins their team and I loose because of it I will feel cheated out of a win. I shouldn't have to effectively beat two teams to get one win.

Gamemode Details!

• Distraction and Revenge medals will be fetaured
  • "Regicide" = New Gamemode
  • "Regicide" - Every player that the king kills raises his bounty; other players have to kill the king to claim the reward. I hope this is social
  • Spartan Ops will span several months, to keep players returning to Halo 4 Like arena divisions in reach?

Armor Abilities:

Details

• Hologram, Jet-pack, and Active-Camo will be making a return? I'll sell my xbox if these are in Ranked
  • Sprint will return, but will be a spawn-with ability I would have prefered this to be a pick up but its ok.
  • New Armor Ability called Forerunner Vision = X-ray Please no!

​Multiplayer:

Details.

• Multi-player ties directly to campaign
  • Reds & Blues are training
  • You will progress through levels, gameplay can be changed by upgrading your character Just seems like more unbalance to me.
  • You'll earn spartan points, which can be used to buy loadouts. *Sigh*
  • You'll eventually earn weapons, armor abilities, and modifications.Great so you can win by playing non stop and "earning" weapons, AA's and mods, rather than player skill.... awesome! :(

Hmmm, there's a small part of my brain that has a bad feeling about Halo 4. But, I'm not going to judge, maybe all these things I'm hearing are actually going to work/be good.

I know exactly how you're feeling right now. It makes me sad, hearing about some of these things. But, maybe they will be implemented wonderfully. I hope so.

Weapons featured in Halo 4

• ASSAULT CARBINE ?

I'm not going to touch on all of these things in your post, which is why I cut it down to the one that I have an opinion on. Perhaps the Assault Carbine is similar to the BR, in that it's a covenant weapon with a 3-round burst instead of just the one shot regular Covenant Carbine.

Erm...Thats not fair for the people who dont memorise the places. Here's an Idea. Dont weapon camp. Get kills because your good, not because you had a shotgun.

Erm...Thats not fair for the people who dont memorise the places. Here's an Idea. Dont weapon camp. Get kills because your good, not because you had a shotgun.

But knowing when the Shotgun will return, regardless of whether you had it previously or not, is still a valid strategy. If the weapon is there, why not take it? It's stupid to not, even if you don't plan on using it, at least the other team doesn't have it to use against you.

Weapon camping is ineffective anyway, people who just sit and wait for a power weapon to respawn are useless to their team (not assisting their team mates ETC...) and may get killed whilst waiting. Smart players pick up the power weapon at the start of the game, look at the timer, minus 3 minutes ( or however long it takes for the power weapon to respawn) and then return just as the power weapon respawns, so effectively there isn't any camping.

Anyway memorizing or remembering where weapons spawn is just something that automatically happens after you play on a map a few times... it doesn't take a skilled player to know where weapons spawn or at what time, just someone with a functional brain.

• Like 1

i'm sure forerunner vision will only be similar to that in gears 3. the random weapon spawns aren't totally random......it apparently will structured on a similar timer and the power weapons such as rockets / sniper will probably have 2 locations as an example......this will add something different and makes teams adapt (and use) more of the map.......think reflection in reach.....10% of the map is used (main hall).....

people also mention their love for Halo 2 /3 (which i dearly love too).....think for a minute though.......most of these H2 / 3 players are getting older now and probably are starting careers, having familys or finishing university etc which means they don't have much gaming time........are we the main target demographic????? of course not.....it's unfortunate in some ways that the game has to evolve to cater for, and hopefully attract new players......but, this was always going to happen with H4.....it was never ever going to be halo 2 or 3 wrapped in new graphics......

nostalgia can sometimes get in the way and clouds the judgement of some......."a bands new album is never usually as good as there last"......or at least takes time for people to adapt to it.........lets at least wait and see some gameplay and further explanation before jumping on the hate bandwagon......

Are you joking this is absolute garbage. Weapons dropping randomly , wtf is this 343 get your head out of your asses

He was just giving his opinion. And in case you never knew he is a very active and "important" member to this community.

One last thing, we don't "curse" in this community.

just got done reading the Gi issue with halo4 as the cover story. I am upset to see that while i am playing as the 1 and only john Spartan in the campaign. you will not be playing as him in the multiplayer. instead you will be this off-shoot of Spartan IV. All i want to know is why after waiting so many years to play as the Chief, you decide to have us play a different character. Just so it ties into the campaign. now i have not seen any footage or know all the details, but i hope that You 343 decide to let all of us Chief fans to play game varients as the Chief.

just got done reading the Gi issue with halo4 as the cover story. I am upset to see that while i am playing as the 1 and only john Spartan in the campaign. you will not be playing as him in the multiplayer. instead you will be this off-shoot of Spartan IV. All i want to know is why after waiting so many years to play as the Chief, you decide to have us play a different character. Just so it ties into the campaign. now i have not seen any footage or know all the details, but i hope that You 343 decide to let all of us Chief fans to play game varients as the Chief.

But think about this... there is only one John-117. You are playing him in the campaign. But in multiplayer, you were always playing just a random spartan. So why is this an issue? What's saying you can't change your armor to look like Chief's? This is just being picky, now.