The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

I like the 2 disc idea although id split it up like this

Disc 1- campaign, firefight, co-op campaign

Disc 2- matchmaking, custom games, forge

theater could be included on both discs.

As for forge. RussianPenguin you covered pretty much everything I'd like to see. Just thought of this though what about customization of your monitor? Add some colors, emblems, just for the sake of spicing it up a bit.

This are

DeftestHawk's

ideas for a better forge. They were pasted here from his closed thread.

I have gone through these ideas with my friends over Xbox live they agree that these would be awesome in halo 4 forge.

1.) remove the budget idea and replace it with memory for exampled it would say how many MB aloud to be used on that map and it would count down to 0 when it reaches 0 you cannot place anything on that map.

2.) to have the ability to change the texture of a map so instead of having just a snow world you could change it to sand grass snow ect. or just put them all in 1 map.

3.) to be able to forge bigger vehicles like the scarab.

4.) like in halo reach you can change part of an objects colour but in halo 4 you should be able to change the material an object is made out of.

5.) change of weather on a map or/and day and night cycle.

6.) the ability to create the size of a block.

7.) like in halo 3 you can make it so only the leader can forge well i think in halo 4 you should be able to pick who is aloud to forge in your game.

8.) the ability to change the game type in forge like in halo 3.

9.)more options before you start up forge.

10.)space forge e.g. were you can build stuff in space.

I hope my ideas help you with some part of halo forge after all forge is what makes halo fun for years.

yes thiiiiiiis

heres an interesting idea (i dont know if its been said) but admin control in forge games for host. For example taking away somebodies building permissions or griefing powers for obvious reasons.

Actually not a bad idea. I do like to offer friend to see a map as it goes together and for company, but they do sometimes inadvertently delete something.

heres an interesting idea (i dont know if its been said) but admin control in forge games for host. For example taking away somebodies building permissions or griefing powers for obvious reasons.

Yes, very good idea, especially for noobs to forge like me. Didn't know the specific commands for each button.

Actually not a bad idea. I do like to offer friend to see a map as it goes together and for company, but they do sometimes inadvertently delete something.

Didn't mean to AD, LMAO!! I have gotten alot better though, lol! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

DUDE check out these guys vid:

Team0Epiphony (on youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsX7reMOlT4

fast forward awhile, he is talking to the computing guy and he says "...sir, Halo 4 is due to be released in November..." check, its true! but was he lying? if he wasn't lying then YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! ME GUSTA! XD

EDIT: I just found it, around 4:25 to 4:35, listen carefully!

Edited by Geofry199

I think that u should be able to put massive forunner structures on a map create your own map from scratch and place a halo down and select an option which let's u forge in space and have battles in space and then fly a pelican or something on to the halo to drop reinforcements then back up to a frigate or supercarrier. Please tell me what u think.

hmm... I think it would have to load it inbetween space and land, maybe a cool "re-entering" cutscene, and a "entering orbit" cutscene? or, maybe more like Star Wars Battlefront II?

One map, white space, with a blue grid that goes on for an amazing length. Editable climate, weather, land mass. Forge 3.0.

that is cool, buuut i do think that PC would have a better time doing that than consoles (I'm referring to Crysis Sandbox here), but maybe they could do it... possibly a separate gametype, or a separate disc alltogether?

I think there should be like a pelican and 2 hornets guarding it while there is a phantom and 2 banshees chasing them like in the mission in reach where emile is trying to take down the banshees but with it in custom games the pelican has the covenant core and the covenant try to get it back i mean literaly they need to put hornets and pelicans and phantoms/spirits in forge.

I think that u should be able to put massive forunner structures on a map create your own map from scratch and place a halo down and select an option which let's u forge in space and have battles in space and then fly a pelican or something on to the halo to drop reinforcements then back up to a frigate or supercarrier. Please tell me what u think.

I think this is an awesome idea I mean seriously they have space battles that is freakin awesome plus vehicles that can take you to the ground for a ground battle how is that dull boring because if it is then you probally aint a halo fan!

make it so each map is built on its own sandbox with forge pieces. So say you have a completely drawn up and made map like zealot, then you break all the parts of it up into different pieces that can be used as forge pieces. for example the bridges, all the lifts, the barriers top mid, etc. this way when someone goes into forge they can delete the entire map and be left with the sky box and a set area to work with. this will give forgers so many more places and pieces to work with while also getting rid of the biggest problem with forge 2.0, EVERYTHING is grey and dull.

Ok guys so i've had this idea for a long time and I wanted to share with some people. Do you guys think that Forge should continue being the same way it is, as in a pre-built map that you make maps on. Or an entirely blank canvas, that you create EVERYTHING from scratch or pre-loaded objects. You would start on a "nothing" map and then make the terrain, then select the sky texture, then select the time of day, the area the map takes place (halo ring, planet, death star, etc.), and so on and so forth... The third option I have thought of i a pre-built solar system in which you can travel all the way across the solar system and build your maps on different planets or rings within the solor system, and the tempurature differentiates depending on how far you are from the sun, and you can select the planets and move them closer or farther from the home star. Tell me what you guys think! :thumbsup: :laughing:

Not gonna happen. Obviously everyone just bypasses everything I ever say about Forge for some strange reason. Perhaps the truth is too painfull. verything you are asking for is impossible to do on the console with a game specifically like Halo. Skyboxes are predefined in the scenario tag, and must be edited with the inclusion of additional sky items. Altering the sky would not alter the lightmap, making it pointless to do so if you wanted to go from night to day.....the lighting would be the same. And ighting based on time of day, requires per-pixel realtime lighting. The only items that use such a system are stand alone light scenery items. Usually placing more than about 10 of these items causes lag in fp's and slows down or nullifies half of them rendering.

Making terrain is impossible since the collision and phmo for the map is calculated and stored via bsp raw during level compiling. Unless they find a way to give you "sandbox" quality tools on a console, needing well over 6 gigs of RAM....which the 360 does not have...nor the processor horsepower (at least quad core at 3.7 ghz)

PLANETARY TRAVEL IN A Halo game....via one map or layout?!? Are you mad or just dumb. BSP's are broken down into various standalone bsp's. Everytime you see a "loading done" text flash across your screen, you are entering and playing on a new bsp level inside the map. BSP's are connected by "trigger volumes", and you cannot see thru or past or even into another bsp section. Every bsp section is self contained and contains only that BSP's objects, spawns, etc... Having a Solar system to play in would be pointless since you would have to wait till enemies crossed over to the bsp you were in...again making it stupid becuase you would not see them coming. They would just magically appear next to you all the sudden.

I applaud your creative thinking, but when it comes to wanting things in a Halo game, it is best to do your homework about the egnines to see what can and cannot be done. Or you could just ask me.

An entire Universe to forge on? It would be so big it would have to come on a seperate disc.

Ok so picture this...

Main Menu: Select "Forge Universe"

No Gametype, Map name: Universe, Unable to change map

Start up game

Start in Pause menu

Resume game

Forge Menu - Drop Down List:

Planetary

Objects

Scenary

Weaponry

Vehicles

Spawnery

:End of List:

66c8ce60327b219f287d_1.jpg

Select: Planetary - Drop down list:

Stars

Planets

Moons

Rings

Halo rings

:End of list:

66c8ce60327b219f287d_2.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=492567168960

Select: Stars - Drop Down List:

Wolf 359

Sun

Sirius

Pollux

Acturus

Aldebaren

Rigel

Antares

Betelguese

Mu Cephei

VY Canis Majoris

66c8ce60327b219f287d_3.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=994286088265

Back

Selct: Planets - Drop Down List:

Mercury

Venus

Earth

Mars

Jupiter

Saturn

Uranus

Neptune

Reach

Threshold

Onyx

Sanghelios

Harvest

Shield 0459

Charum Hakkor

Sigma 7

66c8ce60327b219f287d_4.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=860564348725

Select: Earth

66c8ce60327b219f287d_5.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=802847357715

Delete

Forge Menu

Back

Select:Rings - Drop Down List:

Jupiter

Saturn

Uranus

Neptune

66c8ce60327b219f287d_6.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=13016579612

Back

Select: Halo Rings - Drop Down List:

Installation 00 (Ark)

Installation 01

Installation 02

Installation 03

Installation 04

Installation 05

Installation 06

Installation 07

66c8ce60327b219f287d_7.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=311192492667

Back

Back

Select: Objects - Drop Down List:

Geometry

Bridges and platforms

Decorative

Doors

Inclines

Natural

66c8ce60327b219f287d_8.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=801097436217

Back

Back

Select: Weaponry - Drop Down List:

Human

Forunner

Covenant

Custom

Back

Select: Vehicles - Drop Down List:

Driveable

Destroyed

Select: Driveable - Drop Down List:

Human

Forunner

Covenant

Select: Human - Drop Down List:

Cruiser

Halcyon-Class Cruiser

Frigate

Longsword

Buffalo

Elephant

Pelican

Scorpion

Falcon

Lifepod

Hornet

Warthog

Mongoose

Back

Select: Covenant - Drop Down List:

Carrier

Cruiser

Scarab

Phantom

Dropship

Seraph

Plasma Gun Tower

Shadow

Wraith

Spectre

Shade

Ghost

Back

Back

Back

:End:

What do you guys think?

And BTW these photos are not real I made them in photoshop. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Not gonna happen. Obviously everyone just bypasses everything I ever say about Forge for some strange reason. Perhaps the truth is too painfull. verything you are asking for is impossible to do on the console with a game specifically like Halo. Skyboxes are predefined in the scenario tag, and must be edited with the inclusion of additional sky items. Altering the sky would not alter the lightmap, making it pointless to do so if you wanted to go from night to day.....the lighting would be the same. And ighting based on time of day, requires per-pixel realtime lighting. The only items that use such a system are stand alone light scenery items. Usually placing more than about 10 of these items causes lag in fp's and slows down or nullifies half of them rendering.

Making terrain is impossible since the collision and phmo for the map is calculated and stored via bsp raw during level compiling. Unless they find a way to give you "sandbox" quality tools on a console, needing well over 6 gigs of RAM....which the 360 does not have...nor the processor horsepower (at least quad core at 3.7 ghz)

PLANETARY TRAVEL IN A Halo game....via one map or layout?!? Are you mad or just dumb. BSP's are broken down into various standalone bsp's. Everytime you see a "loading done" text flash across your screen, you are entering and playing on a new bsp level inside the map. BSP's are connected by "trigger volumes", and you cannot see thru or past or even into another bsp section. Every bsp section is self contained and contains only that BSP's objects, spawns, etc... Having a Solar system to play in would be pointless since you would have to wait till enemies crossed over to the bsp you were in...again making it stupid becuase you would not see them coming. They would just magically appear next to you all the sudden.

I applaud your creative thinking, but when it comes to wanting things in a Halo game, it is best to do your homework about the egnines to see what can and cannot be done. Or you could just ask me.

if the terrain thing is impossible then how come far cry 2 can do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg check this out this game is on the xbox and it has multiplayer just like halo does and its map editor is older and better than forge and it has way more options than halo's forge does. just imagine if 343 gives you all of the options that you in this game and more along with good graphics and fun play-ability. and to prevent your xbox from crashing, put this map editor in a separate disc to be used only as a map editor and maps to be played on the actual halo 4 disc. it would be so cool and map making would be interesting and just plain looking around would be fun if the map wasn't very good. check out that link if you haven't already.

I think an editor like Far Cry would be a lot better for Halo, except the map should be a lot, lot larger.

We need Phantoms and Pelicans, which are things that people want. They want to be able to walk around the Phantom and use the T51 detachable turrets while someones flying it.

343 need to add the things we want to Forge, not the things they want, unfortunately like Bungie did. We want to add NPC animals like in FC2, with the birds. NPC's that actually move and work. Things like that would make Halo, just bosser than boss.

I feel like i'm just saying things other people said but...

The group tool would be pretty cool, I would quite like to press a button on an object and everything that is touching it then attaches itself to it. This would allow you move things as big as whole bases without having to move every single object one at a time. I think you should also be able to save that specific new object that you have made, name it, then put it in a category and it will appear in that category in the editors menu with a custom symbol next to it. This would save a lot of time if you wanted an object that looked cool and then put it in to other maps you make as a kind of signature as well as lots more useful things. Also if you wanted to separate the pieces again, then you could just press the another button and take out what you want.

I also think that weather would be a nice touch and it could really expand on the whole custom game experience after you make your map. I could think of a lot of things you could do with fog, rain and wind, it could really expand on infection. You could have a scale of how strong you want it to be, for example, you could have a scale of 1-100. With this example, when it is set at 1, the wind would only be able to make a golf ball roll very slowly, the rain would be a very light drizzle and the fog would be nothing but a slight blur. But if you set them to 100, the wind would be able to push any flying vehicle trying to go through the wind head on would be flying backwards, the rain could turn into a devasting downpour and the fog would be so bad that you wouldn't even be able to see anything, it could even make the end of your gun fade slightly. If you used them at 100 you would be able to create a killer hurricane, or you could just use them at 50 if you liked the affect it made.

I also think that there should be a drivable boat, preferably one with a turret, or at least allow something like the warthog or the mongoose to float. I would love to be able to create a big team battle at sea.

I would also like to add a new colour changing system. I think a colour pallet for objects would allow for maps to look a lot better. I also think you should be able to completely change the colour of the object instead of just changing the colour of one thin line that goes unnoticed most of the time. I would also like to save some of the colours as presets aswell.

oh great... i've made myself hopeful now...