The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

- Multiple forge canvases on launch.

- Broader color pallette.

- Terrain altering tools (albeit that's stretching it)

- Civilian vehicles.

- More than 2 lights.

- Weather effects, to add different moods to the maps.

- A filing system for saved maps.

- More diverse landscapes.

- The Target Locater (if it's in the game)

- A better way to advertise maps.

- Larger File Share.

- Less of a learning curve for the game type labels.

- Switches for doors and other objects.

- More corcular or spherical objects.

These are all topics and ideas that have come up previously when reach was being made, and, unfortunately, bungie did not apply any of these ideas to their forge. Hopefully 343 will take a little more notice of our cries for better forge and give us what we want. However, i would not be shocked if these ideas are not put into action. many of us (myself included) have limited or no knowledge on how difficult or time consuming all of these items would be. I would love to see these ideas blossom in Halo 4, but ask yourself this....

Are these forge ideas so crucial to you to make the game that you would be fine with the launch date being pushed back significantly so as to put these in the game?

If not, then dont be too disheartened if not all of these features are in the game. Like i said though, it would be awesome to see them in the new forge.

I'm not sure if this has been stated or not but it is important enough to be said a thousand times over. Please add mulitple skins for structure items. I for one am sick of seeing the same color everywhere. Ex. Place a 1x1 press X on it and have a "skin" option with a few different options to choose from.

Oh god. Where do I start.

1. Have adjustable weather, eg. Snow, rain, hail, etc.

2. Have multiple worlds to choose from to forge on. Also, make the worlds BIGGER. (forge world in reach is tiny)

3. Add vehicles like: pelican, phantom, elephant, hawks, wolverines, space banshees, sabres, no Scarab as it's huge and unfair, and importantly; KEEP BOTH HORNET AND FALCON.

4. Get a larger forging budget, along with larger quantities of forgeable items.

There, that should do it. :)

The forge system should be upgraded as it is currently not precise or user-friendly enough. Perhaps there should be a halo forge computer game where users can create maps and upload them to xbox live. It would operate much like a solid modelling program (solid works / NX) in that you can create constraints between objects, and also allow the user to place numerical values on the size of objects. If this was released with a price tag around $20 or $30 I think a lot more people would take advantage of the forge. Personally I find building a decent map takes way too long and is quite frustrating.

theyre not going to have a infinate item thing the were going to have that for reach but it was too glitchy.

if you look at modded maps that have infinate items they are all spazzy but sooo defininately on the pelicans phantoms and troop hog and civilian vehicals O.O and my beloved elephant!!! and fighters for the UNSC cause the they have banshees and we have poopy falcons....soo yea bring back the hornets!

seems like most of the ideas have been taken lol. i would like to see a default base option, where you can select an enire base with multiple non connected pieces, but you can pickit up as one item.

Actually, a cluster tool would be nice now that i think of it, where you can select all objects within a small area and pick them all up at once instead of trying to move a bunch of pieces over and then re-align them. that was immensely frustrating.

Hmm. Maybe something like invasion but the enemies are AIs.

You could have. Your respawn zones for the enemies and settings to where you can control the following options.

-Spawn rate

-how many spawn at the begining of a stage

-how many times an enemy respawns.

-what type of enemy

-type of actions (aggressive, defensive)

Multiple stages where objectives must be completed.

Opinions?