The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

I may be a bit crazy but I think terraforming our own maps would be an excellent way to continue and improve. It makes perfect sence with what 343 industries has said about the UNSC Infinity having a 'virtual playground' for the SP IV. Plus, that would be an excellent way of keeping people interested in the game, because there is always that new map on fileshare thats like nothing you've ever seen. And maybe cortana will stop complaining about it not being a natural formation, cause it'll be made of notartificial (forerunner walls are articial O.o) materials and look like a cool cave! And also, if your watchin 343, if someone makes an absolutely awesome map, you might be able to turn it into something to use in the multiplayer campaign story : > just thinkin

And also, if your watchin 343, if someone makes an absolutely awesome map, you might be able to turn it into something to use in the multiplayer campaign story : > just thinkin

Or maybe just create the option to form your own version of a campaign.... A series of maps created by you in forge with custom set objective points. Allowing you to create the storyline to work in order may not be so hard as all you would have to do is set the order the maps are to be played in.

Could be pretty interesting, especially with all of the forgers who lay out these challenge maps and ninja maps.

Plus, an award scheme for these challenge maps, set up by the creator of the maps.

i heard someone say ai's and actually that sounds cool say a 5 maximum that would be cool but dont make them characters make them wild life and a grunt i love those little guys and give them phrases to say wile playing. also i saw a map in H:Reach where a guy changed the ocean to rainbow and walls to any color that sounds cool right Also more vehicles dont care what that much but more. A new forge world. a rope to combine items in forge without phase but they can swing around. a door that you can open/close on the out side and inside but inside you can locked or only 1 or more colors can open it.finally if enough people play or download your map you will get extra spartan points.

^yeah... That would be rather hard... I guess you could use it for some things, like instead of a complicated button layout to lower your weapon, you could do it on kinect... SPEAKING OF WEAPON LOWERING, ENABLE IT SO WE CAN HAVE IT PLAYING ON LIVE FORGE/CUSTOM GAMES

• Like 1

i think that it's funny how all of you say that it's "official" yet none of you are mods. for example i can make a topic and say that it's "official" just because the info that i would give you guys came from the game informer.

Edited by deadlypizza

Forge had a lot of improvements but I want multiple forge maps and for things to be more interactive like having walls be able to fall from an explosion that's what made halo 3 forge great you could make chain reactions and every map was great for forge 343 please take this into consideration

Forge had a lot of improvements but I want multiple forge maps and for things to be more interactive like having walls be able to fall from an explosion that's what made halo 3 forge great you could make chain reactions and every map was great for forge 343 please take this into consideration

I feel that having an environmental aspect to forge would be a tremendous step for forge. Of there are weather patterns or any thing weather related, then the area of terrian should act as an environment should.

Mechanics: bring aesethic pieces to life. Make real action doors that operate on a open and close system. Allow the doors to be destructable by vehicles and weapons on course. Make covenant and odst drop pods(conevant pods seen in Halo Reach on The Long Night of Solace)

Maybe even for fun of it all create an alarm system for buildings. For instance, major clans in Halo like to make, what they call, HQ's which arr basically clan bases.

For blocks and pieces, you should make them have different themes( covy,human,forunner. Etc.) allow people to change colors of the pieces.

I dont think wd should even have a block format or use blocks as a building ground. Allow forgers to make maps as a game dezigner would. But just with a blank map with pieces. Also allow any piece of the map to be edited, changed, or deleted. Allow forgers to go to almost every part of the map.

343, if you really want to make Halo 4 good, with forge complimenting custom games, take a look at all the makes created by the communitt. Take the time to research. Go to forgehub.com for instance and look at the variety of maps they have. Be apart of the community!

Greetings 343, this is my first post on this site. I'm A Random Loser from Bungie.net

I would like an option of pallets. Why have one theme for forge world when there could be multiple? Green grass and gray structure. Ok, it's versatile and pleasant to the eyes, but it's also limited and repetitive. How about they make one large primary forge map. The green grass model they used in Reach proved to be a very good standard. However, there are theme changes you can do to this map, such as night and day. Maybe even rain. But more importantly, I'd like some secondary forge maps aside from forge world. Give us a large flat parking lot. Or surround it with some hilly Earth terrain (kind of like an Earth themed Sandbox). Give it a backdrop of human cities. Then provide all the urban building blocks we need to build a human themed battleground. Another one could be covenant themed. Allow us to build environments similar to all the corridors we fought through in The Truth and Reconciliation. Forge world amazed me in Reach, but I got sick of the green grass and blue skies.

• Like 1

2 things. If weapons have attachments then you could make it so you could set them in forge. Also i thought of this today. You gould forge nature objects. You start with a flat map that just has grass in like a canyon and you could spawn a hill which is a flat grass square. Then you could edite the hight and watch your hill grow. next you can edit the length and with of top and bottom to strech the hill however people want.

I feel that having an environmental aspect to forge would be a tremendous step for forge. Of there are weather patterns or any thing weather related, then the area of terrian should act as an environment should.

Mechanics: bring aesethic pieces to life. Make real action doors that operate on a open and close system. Allow the doors to be destructable by vehicles and weapons on course. Make covenant and odst drop pods(conevant pods seen in Halo Reach on The Long Night of Solace)

Maybe even for fun of it all create an alarm system for buildings. For instance, major clans in Halo like to make, what they call, HQ's which arr basically clan bases.

For blocks and pieces, you should make them have different themes( covy,human,forunner. Etc.) allow people to change colors of the pieces.

I dont think wd should even have a block format or use blocks as a building ground. Allow forgers to make maps as a game dezigner would. But just with a blank map with pieces. Also allow any piece of the map to be edited, changed, or deleted. Allow forgers to go to almost every part of the map.

343, if you really want to make Halo 4 good, with forge complimenting custom games, take a look at all the makes created by the communitt. Take the time to research. Go to forgehub.com for instance and look at the variety of maps they have. Be apart of the community!

Amazing ideas. I do expect to see an enviromental aspect due to the fact it is a simulation and you take on somewhat of a god position over your creativity.

I expect more martial objects besides just rocks.

in halo 4 i think they should have a setup like halo custom edition where you can mod your own weapons and vehicles without Xbox live, and they should have like a space battle map where you fly a sabre and pelicans and for covenant space banshees sarephs and phantoms, also UNSC and covenant cruisers, and on forge we should get a halo 3 scareb, that would be awesome!!

A THIRD DISC JUST FOR FORGE yea i like that idea

but its just a idea just saying

As long as it is accessible on other discs than sure why not.

I think too, they should allow the host to have a ban hammer. Like a gravity hammer but when you get hit you get booted. Just for a bit of fun when it comes to removing unwanted annoyances from your forge sessions.

And you would also have the power to freeze them. And not allow them to forge and go into monitor mode.

As for the drop pod idea. 343 honestly dont be lazy if you do create this wonderful idea. You've already gone through this process before when you made Halo: ODST you create the object and gave it animation and added action to it. Do the same for Halo 4 but change the texture of it. Just because we are sparten 4 doesnt mean we dont want to use a drop pod. Dont set into the whole "oh it wont make sense because they're spartens." let the creativity flow. Your designing forge, let the players create their imagination. I'll buy 60 copies of Halo 4 on midnight release if you really do this. No joke. My safe is overflowing with a multitude of overstuffed wallets

how about taking screenshots of your map to put in the little preview at the bottom left......and a matchmaking playlist to allow your maps to be played with more and more people.....this is how it should work.......

step one: go to matchmaking...

step two: select playlist...called somthing like Forger's Playground

step three: (a little menu pops up asking you to select a map to be voted on 'you cannot vote for your own maps, and it allows 3 random maps chosen by the 16 or so players to be voted on)

step four: VOTE!!!

step five: play....

also when in a party with matchmaking it should recognize your map hasn't been played and give it an extra vote or something....idk.....i might need help with this part.... :sweat: