The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

Maybe this is just because its been a long time since Ive played halo 3. It was slow, had no primary weapon, and all around wasn't good for anything except being a mobile focal point of combat. Seems like 500 years in the future and mobile Command and control center would move a little faster...

they need to do the forge space map that its in the space int those blue squares and we can change the view get water and get ai.

its just an idea of many others i have but i think its the best one that i have.

I want to see customization be taken to the EXTREME, be able to put a whole new skin over anything, I've always wanted to be able to change the warthos colour, I've always wanted to be able to make a rainbow. 343 please make it really customizable even Custom games so you can turn of bloom and assasinations and fall damage for a more classic game.

The following post was something I posted about an upgrade to Halo: Reach forge, but since I'm 100% positive that it won't happen, I've decided to make this about Halo 4. I've also made some edits. Please comment and give your opinion :)

Among the items I would like featured in Halo 4 are-trees/shrubbery, skins for vehicles( like desert camo for a vehicle on a desert map, or winterized camo for a vehicle on a snow map.) forklifts/trucks(which were featured in the campaign of Reach),pelicans/phantoms,the ability to forge firefight maps and to forge on the existing ones, additional special fx, maybe optional precipitation, the use of music forge bubbles(which have the same characteristics of a special fx bubble, but will allow you to play music from any Halo OST), more money, more of each object,more kill boundaries, a mirror option to get the same exact object but reversed so you can make better symmetrical maps, and finally- an undo feature that you can use that reverts any mistakes to their previous state(this helps on those painstaking accidental deletions.)

I posted this on Bungie.net back in June, so I thought that I might as well bring it here. I understand that the possibility of 343i putting any of these things in Halo 4 is slim, but I still respect the fact that they've listened to the people who play Halo: Reach and fixed some of the things that have been annoying everyone.

NO don't make halo 4 into 2 disc. its just lame switching from one disc to another. if skyrim fit in 1 disc you can to even though skyrim was 66x bigger

I think it would be good to have two discs. The game would run smoother, and it would be awesome that when one disc broke, you could buy that disc online instead of having to buy the entire game again..

I doubt anyone at 343i is reading this, given the time the thread has been on here. If it can be helped though, insted of having a bunch of forgable small details in there why not just make rooms (eg. triple/double or tower 2/3 story). Then have those rooms correspond with the type of room they are and the style you set them, already having all the smaller objects and details. example you could group a [frigate] infirmary to a [ONI] loading bay or something.. infimary would already have maybe blood on the ground medical cabinets o the wall and and streachers inside but it would still look like the inside of a ship. the loading bay would already have maybe 1 fprklift and a big ONI plaque on the wall with pallets n crates everywhere that once you place the building, you just move the insides around. have like sevral types of buildings/rooms (bunker frigateCov frigateUNSC forerunner humanciviliian Cov civilian/structure) obviosly all shaped different but still fit together? if that makes sence? throw in hallways too!!! like "tunnel large" steez... but larger=D the types of rooms would be exactly what you would want them to be..like comms room, armory, bridge/panic room,cryo lab, engineering/booiler room. tiings a dat sort :unworthy:

&& if 2 disks allows me to place a unit of grunts on a 3x3 flat hundreds of feet in the air just to throw grenades at them, bring em on.

Spades N AZ list for Forge:

- more round objects please! Really is this too much to ask?

- trees and bushes

- ability to break glass

- more than one type of environment in forge world like swamps, snow, plains, jungles...well you get the point

- changing the time of day whether morning, noon, or evening

- ability to change textures on objects. Even if it is only from 5 choices. Why can't we make pieces that look like Zealot vs. the same monotone boring textures

- ability to cut off parts of pieces or remove part of them. I hate the tabs sticking out of pieces like the decorative covered walkway

- the ability to highlight and drag a group of objects to a new location. I hate making a map then finding out you are a few feet shy of being able to finish it and having to drag 500 items to a new location :wallbash: