The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

Let us place "targets" that have aim magnetism, and let us set a point value if they get shot/blasted. Training maps galore if this happens!

Bonus: give us the option of letting targets shoot back for some serious training!

I agree for the first part. But if you wanted the second part I would suggest sessile AIs or Robots.

This has frustrated me recently. I want Root Blocks and ramps of [Root] and [Root2]

What this is, it is math. If I have a ramp that is 2x2x2 (45 degree angle), and I want to put a brick on the hypotenuse of the ramp (the ramp part) then the brick will be 2-root-2x2-root-2. This will make it so the brick covers the entire hypotenuse of the ramp.

Multiply the picture by two to see what I did above

219px-45-45-triangle.svg.png

Then is the ramp is a 2x2x4 (normal ramp piece) then I want the brick to be a brick with the dimensions of [Root5]

So the brick would be a 2-root-5 by 2-root-5 brick.

343 should take forge to whole new level with all of these ideas and i would love to have an AI in forge. i've always thought about making my own campaign mission with my own objectives and stuff like that. it would also help a lot of people with machinimas and other videos

No, having forge as a playlist is the most non inovative idea ive ever heard. Your sir deserved to be slapped. First of all you would have an overload of people messing around and screwing with your map. Secondlu it wld be no longer a fun thibg to do since you can spend time enjoying forging by yourself without anyone else killing you, deleting your forge, spawning random stuff having it destroyed. It would be a plural of people goofing off. Thus, destroying the original concept of forge in which the majority of forgers love. KEEP FORGE AS ITS ON SECTION/ SECTION.

Lawl to the person concepting the idea of adding blocks onto the hypotenuse/45 degree ramp. Why not just add blocks to 1 up, and 1 space back of each other. Also for more tips look up how to build stairs in Halo on youtube.

I agree with the root block idea, i think we need ALOT of building blocks in general. I mean, once you have a 1x1 block it only takes a couple lines of code to increase the size to 50x50 or 16x24 or something. Or even let us create our own blocks.

i think that you should be able to switch from day to night or dawn to dusk and have a differant environment, (i.e snowy, red sky, ash clouds, etc...) also maybe a game type with unlimited budget. It would be amazing if they made a forge world, but even bigger than reaches. and more vehicles, like PELICANS. that would be intense. also things to add an rpg feel to it, like how someone said terminals, or even NPC's. what i was hoping they would do for something like firefight wwas if you could place things called "enemy spawn points" where you choose what kind of enemy (grunt elite etc) would spawn there, then in the forge menu say "launch attack" and enemy bots would attack your forge world.

Here is a good idea, put music in forge. You could set the range of where you can hear it and you could choose from all of the halo soundtracks to play. Aswell as other soundtracks that are on your xbox 360 by uploading them to your halo 4. You could also set it as a kind of playlist so you can hear one song and then the next one and then the one after that so nothing gets overplayed. You could set what volume each soundtrack is going to play at aswell. All this is because, in my opinion, forge gets a little boring after a while because it takes so long to make a good map, so we could have it playing in the background. We could also be able to put some fitting music in to an infection game or something. We would be able to have it so that it played one thing in one area, then something else when you go in to a different area. We could also record ourselves saying something using something like kinect and put that in to make maps like Saw a lot better. How cool would it be if Jigsaw was actually talking to you and telling you that it was game over? Also if someone decides to put two tracks playing at the same in the same area, just merge them. If it doesn't sound good, which it probably won't, then it's the map makers fault for putting it there. This shouldn't be too hard to make, should it?

Just an idea here.

In the Halo 3 era before Sandbox was released, Forgehub developed a neat and detailed wishlist for everything they wanted to see in the new Forge system. This list included lighting effects, balls that kill you when they make contact, and (I believe) golf clubs and holes. Since the thread Forgehub made was met with so much sucsess despite being made only 2 weeks or so before the release of Sandbox, something similar could find much sucsess if it were made for Halo 4 forge.

The way it would work is an admin of the community would make an official pinned thread in which all members of the community can post their thoughts on what they want in Halo 4 forge. Of course making sure not to be pushy or hurtful. Then all the comments would be sifted through and any that were reasonable and feasible would be put in a master-list and then emailed to the correct people at bungie... yadda yadda...

i heard someone say ai's and actually that sounds cool say a 5 maximum that would be cool but dont make them characters make them wild life and a grunt i love those little guys and give them phrases to say wile playing. also i saw a map in H:Reach where a guy changed the ocean to rainbow and walls to any color that sounds cool right Also more vehicles dont care what that much but more. A new forge world. a rope to combine items in forge without phase but they can swing around. a door that you can open/close on the out side and inside but inside you can locked or only 1 or more colors can open it. if enough people play or download your map you will get extra spartan points. a larger amount of people allowed to play forge in one game.

A new max for forge with at least 16 cool if you can get to 32 on custom games

A setting where only host may enter forge mode and players may not

I say this a lot a new forge world

More forge customization like a blood stain in decorations where you can place blood on walls, more colors for all vehicles, a capture the hill plate where in that area your in is 0 gravity

​vehicles should be an big issue like a transportation aircraft [ a phantom with 2 turrets a driver heath is and can hold a few passengers ], drive transportation, [Elephant with more coverage and more seats to be carried on ] a spartan vehicle you can drive and shoot like a ghost

i have made a post on what forge world should in clued.

Some scenery like a dead body or a cool architectural design by forerunners

Bring back armor abilities and the one in halo 3 that last a short a mount of time of use

bring back a lot of halo 3 weapons as well as reaches and add a few new ones

Bring back both halo 3 and reaches vehicles

a setting to change the time of day

an activation switch/button to open doors turn on/off lights set of traps or do nothing to annoy people

the ability to spawn any item as much as possible and a large money budget

shield doors only certain color teams may enter

a tunnel to place down that goes under water and allows you to live inside it maybe a wall that you can walk on that changes your view to for a cool wall or ceiling map to kill on and when jump you fall back the wall you jumped off of

a weapon that leaves you weapon less just hands

a true zip line

a foot race setting

a troll bridge to open and close

an odst drop pod

more lights

a boat or two and blocks that can float in water

trees to place down

some animals to place and run around and possibly kill you

a scara

b

this is probably to late in the process of the game but i thought of a new game type that is a little different than the others. i play it in reach and call it the forge game my friend invented it. it goes like this. there are 2,3,4,[ect..] teams and each team starts with plasma pistols. though out the game teams have a vote on what they want added to there bases. The teams will get a few choices one team at a time. what ever they choose they will get an advancement in that area. say it was base it will get bigger if weapons there will be a new gun for each player on the team and over time they will get more choices. If they get say a lot of base upgrades they will earn a depot and then an airport where they can get vehicle upgrades. My friends and i find this very fun and thought it would be cool to have the game where we don't have to do all the upgrades and there is less arguing with a funner play with more people to play knowing one will have to forge. If this does not make it then it would be cool to add in later as an update or in a map-pack.

​how about new guns from the forerunners

more vehicles like a spartan vehicle that you can shoot and drive and a cool transport truck for both enemy sides that has a lot of health and a bigger and stronger aircraft for both sides for shooting like a jet or again for transportation

some funny a fun Easter eggs and another scull hunt and if so some terminals

Most of all a new forge world with a lot of various lands like forerunner land grassland caves space or a really cool covenant ship wrecked.

A ranking system similar to halo reaches with a lot of different customization like the helmet visor chin forehead and more like chest plate and feet

Finally for color make it so we can change a lot of colors on the guy so he can be vary much varied and this willalso help clans

i have a great idea in visual for a new forge world but i just cant quit put it together because i dont have a program. basically floating in the sky not to high but up there is an arena full of twists turns and many other places in a forerunner form and a covenant covenant ship crashed into the ocean in 2 pieces and no water inside so you may still walk around with long hallways , intersections, arenas, tunnels full of darkness red flickering lights and dead bodies laying on the ground, and a vehicle bay. finally a big island with mountain range not to big a nice open field a small one and a big one and 2 or 3 so on caves all with wholes in them leading to under ground tunnels in big mazes of fun confusion all connecting anywhere but the middle that will end up pretty bad messy and hard to cross secretly to another base without the enemy picking you off before your any where near the other side. if 343 is reading this take all or some into consideration he is mi vision in bad drawing.

(0) island

_------forerunner

-_____- ocean ##### ship/s

Here are some of my suggestions :fun:

1. I believe forge mode should play a very big part in Halo 4, it should have its own playlist that contains a large variety of user created maps.

2. I'm not too sure but I was told there is no official fire fight mode in Halo 4, so why not let players create fire fight maps with a large amount of control over the map. Like the paths in which enemy ships follow before dropping off enemies, round lengths, enemy types, full customization of the fire fight map, etc.

3. Night Time, by night time I mean REAL night time, not just a colour filter. At night lights can behave differently, the maps backdrop can change and maybe even tiny little fire flys can roam around the map to add to the atmosphere.

4. Last of all no instant death if you go to far down in water, it would be cool if people made some maps that utilised water on the map.