Halo 2 Remastered for 12th Halo Anniversary

Arbiter

Halo 2 Remake!  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake the original Halo online multiplayer?

• Yes, definitely!
    • It would be nice, but won't kill me if they don't.
    • Do not care either way.
    • No I do not see that it is necessary.
    • Just bring the original back online.

Halo 2 explained ALOT about how halo works and about the forerunners also lots of effort in campaign and weapons so yes they should make another

I agree, a remake is in order. Not that CEA crap where multiplayer was ruined, we need the real deal meal on H2 MP. 343 claims they don't want to split the community but that's exactly what they did with CEA. If they pull the same thing for H2 then they will have split off a sizable community when you add CEA and H2A together.

I think if 343 gives us the original MP, same feel, speed and music, coop online, give us a menu for the SAME skulls they will be making a smart move. It's up to them to do a great job on H4 and H5 so that an old game like H2 should not scare them.

This idea in theory would be cool in itself, but I think that remaking CE was an ode to the great beginning of the series and possibly to get the Halo community used to the idea of a new storyline starting in Halo 4. I realize this thread was posted before even CE was announced to be in dev, but for anybody else staying loyal to this thread at all or just first looking on it, H2: Anniversary would be sweet, but not likely

• Like 1

No they should just leave it.

I see what you'd like here, but i'm sure the only reason 343 even remade the first halo was infact because it was the first halo.

The game that started it all, don't you think it would just be kinda ridiculous for them just to start remaking everything? I'd personally like to see a new game, or an extra halo before another remake.

H2 was one of my favorite games of all time, but still doesn't change the fact to bring it back.

Thats just my opinion though.

• Like 1

No they should just leave it.

I see what you'd like here, but i'm sure the only reason 343 even remade the first halo was infact because it was the first halo.

The game that started it all, don't you think it would just be kinda ridiculous for them just to start remaking everything? I'd personally like to see a new game, or an extra halo before another remake.

H2 was one of my favorite games of all time, but still doesn't change the fact to bring it back.

Thats just my opinion though.

Who said anything about remaking everything? Halo 2 is the only Halo not on Live (PC or XBC is not good enough)?

Halo 2 was the first Live Halo MP and it sold with the new 360. H2 made Live what it is today but you would have no idea what that was about since you never played H2 Live.

They are coming out with a new game in 6 months...H2A would come out in 2014.

Not sure then what your point was except you don't want H2 remade. Even if I didn't care about H2 Live, I would want it back for others who do want it back. Why be selfish about something you don't care about one way or another?

Who said anything about remaking everything? Halo 2 is the only Halo not on Live (PC or XBC is not good enough)?

Halo 2 was the first Live Halo MP and it sold with the new 360. H2 made Live what it is today but you would have no idea what that was about since you never played H2 Live.

Not sure then what your point was except you don't want H2 remade. Even if I didn't care about H2 Live, I would want it back for others who do want it back. Why be selfish about something you don't care about one way or another?

Halo 2 never sold with the 360. Halo 2 was out for the original XBox, not the 360. As for a remake of it? I wouldn't complain, but it is not going to happen, at least not in the near future. Another 10 years down the road, perhaps, but not now, and definitely not in 2014, if you want the original MP experience as well. Too busy worrying about Halo 4 & the new trilogy to go back and worry about remaking H2.

Halo 2 never sold with the 360. Halo 2 was out for the original XBox, not the 360. As for a remake of it? I wouldn't complain, but it is not going to happen, at least not in the near future. Another 10 years down the road, perhaps, but not now, and definitely not in 2014, if you want the original MP experience as well. Too busy worrying about Halo 4 & the new trilogy to go back and worry about remaking H2.

Yeah, H2 did sell with the 360, I bought my first 360 when it launched in March 2005 and H2 came with it. yup, H2 came out before the 360 but when the 360 was launched, H2 was with it. I still have that copy of H2. H2 was on top for 2 straight years after launching at the end of 2004, so it was not a brainstorm to sell H2 with the 360 in March of 2005 when it was released. You had to be there.

So who told you it was not going to happen? Do you have info we don't? CEA came about because of the money to be made, the celebration of the 10 year anniversary was a tool to sell more. Microsoft is in the business of making money and that's exactly what they did. It will be the same with H2A and there are several reasons to do it as a promotion...10 year anniversary of H2 and the 10 year anniversary of LIVE. They would be stupid to follow any other path.

Microsoft can multitask, that's what corporations do. All they need to do is hire enough people, the offices would be separate and each would work on their own project. It's silly to think that MS cannot work on 2 projects...really lame.

Bottom line, you don't know any more about a remake than anyone else does. 343 will announce if H2 will be remade or not...not you.

Yeah, H2 did sell with the 360, I bought my first 360 when it launched in March 2005 and H2 came with it. yup, H2 came out before the 360 but when the 360 was launched, H2 was with it. I still have that copy of H2. H2 was on top for 2 straight years after launching at the end of 2004, so it was not a brainstorm to sell H2 with the 360 in March of 2005 when it was released. You had to be there.

So who told you it was not going to happen? Do you have info we don't? CEA came about because of the money to be made, the celebration of the 10 year anniversary was a tool to sell more. Microsoft is in the business of making money and that's exactly what they did. It will be the same with H2A and there are several reasons to do it as a promotion...10 year anniversary of H2 and the 10 year anniversary of LIVE. They would be stupid to follow any other path.

Microsoft can multitask, that's what corporations do. All they need to do is hire enough people, the offices would be separate and each would work on their own project. It's silly to think that MS cannot work on 2 projects...really lame.

Bottom line, you don't know any more about a remake than anyone else does. 343 will announce if H2 will be remade or not...not you.

Let's go through this, shall we? Paragraph by paragraph. Firstly, the only known location that Halo 2 was sold with the 360, as a bundle through Microsoft, was in the Phillipines, as far as I'm aware. Is that where you got your 360? Otherwise, show me the original packaging with it stated being sold with Halo 2, cause I can't find anything that agree's with your statement. If somebody else can prove this, by all means please do, I love to be proven wrong.

So who told you it's going to happen? Do you have info that we don't? Do you have knowledge that it will be released in 2014? This can work both ways, and surely it does. You stated your opinion that it will come out in 2014. I stated my opinion that it won't, and will more likely be within the next 10 years. Nuff said.

Yes, Microsoft can multitask. Just look at CEA. Oh how people raged that it was based on Reach's multiplayer.

Now! The important one! The one that I bolded. YOU don't know anymore about a remake than anybody else, either. Proven by the fact that we're both stating our opinions. No need to get snippy with people stating their opinions.

Let's go through this, shall we? Paragraph by paragraph. Firstly, the only known location that Halo 2 was sold with the 360, as a bundle through Microsoft, was in the Phillipines, as far as I'm aware. Is that where you got your 360? Otherwise, show me the original packaging with it stated being sold with Halo 2, cause I can't find anything that agree's with your statement. If somebody else can prove this, by all means please do, I love to be proven wrong.

So who told you it's going to happen? Do you have info that we don't? Do you have knowledge that it will be released in 2014? This can work both ways, and surely it does. You stated your opinion that it will come out in 2014. I stated my opinion that it won't, and will more likely be within the next 10 years. Nuff said.

Yes, Microsoft can multitask. Just look at CEA. Oh how people raged that it was based on Reach's multiplayer.

Now! The important one! The one that I bolded. YOU don't know anymore about a remake than anybody else, either. Proven by the fact that we're both stating our opinions. No need to get snippy with people stating their opinions.

I get snippy with a know it all, like you. I stated that I would wait until 343 announced as to whether H2 would be remade or not. I did not say they would remake it so you are full of hyperbole. If that is your important statement, the rest is ludicrous.

I know what I bought and when, it was in CA and H2 came with my box. No way for me to prove something that happened 8 years ago. No matter, it makes no difference, Halo 2 made the 360 and LIVE take off like a rocket, Halo 2 had already taken off like a rocket months before.

Lol, CEA MP came about because MS was afraid of 'splitting the community' so they incorporated the Reach MP, most people know that. It was not because they were not capable of multitasking.

Get it through your head, I did not say the 10 year anniversary was going to happen, I said I'd wait to hear from 343. Since you stated that H2 will NOT be remade, I ask again for your inside information.

You present your opinion as if it were fact and it is not.

I get snippy with a know it all, like you. I stated that I would wait until 343 announced as the whether H2 would be remade or not. I did not say they would remake it so you are full of hyperbole. If that is your important statement, the rest is ludicrous.

I know what I bought and when, it was in CA and H2 came with my box. No need to prove something so simple.

Lol, CEA MP came about because MS was afraid of 'splitting the community' so they incorporated the Reach MP, most people know that. It was not because they were not capable of multitasking.

get it through your head, I did not say the 10 year anniversary was going to happen, I said I'd wait to hear from 343. Since you stated that H2 will NOT be remade, I ask again for your inside information.

You present your opinion as if it were fact and it is not.

Let me rephrase my original statement for you. Because re-reading it, it's not what it should be. Minus the Halo 2 & 360 thing, I don't think it'll be in 2014. Within the next 10 years, perhaps. That was my intention behind the statement, not what was there. My bad.

As for the Halo 2 and 360 thing, I still don't believe it. Not calling you a liar, I just find it hard to believe, from a buisness standpoint, that Microsoft would market a new gaming system with an old game. Now, I could see a retailer doing something like that.

Microsoft and multitasking. Yes. They didn't want to split the fan base. True enough. Tell me, why did Certain Affinity, and not 343/Microsoft, make the maps for it?

You said you'd wait to hear. After saying Halo 4 comes out in 6 months... H2A would come out 2014.

So, to make a long story short, let's agree to disagree, shall we? Like I said in my original post, I wouldn't mind a Halo 2 remake. I just personally don't see it happening in the near future.

Let me rephrase my original statement for you. Because re-reading it, it's not what it should be. Minus the Halo 2 & 360 thing, I don't think it'll be in 2014. Within the next 10 years, perhaps. That was my intention behind the statement, not what was there. My bad.

As for the Halo 2 and 360 thing, I still don't believe it. Not calling you a liar, I just find it hard to believe, from a buisness standpoint, that Microsoft would market a new gaming system with an old game. Now, I could see a retailer doing something like that.

Microsoft and multitasking. Yes. They didn't want to split the fan base. True enough. Tell me, why did Certain Affinity, and not 343/Microsoft, make the maps for it?

You said you'd wait to hear. After saying Halo 4 comes out in 6 months... H2A would come out 2014.

So, to make a long story short, let's agree to disagree, shall we? Like I said in my original post, I wouldn't mind a Halo 2 remake. I just personally don't see it happening in the near future.

Halo 2 was only 4 months old when the 360 launched, so it was a new game as far as I'm concerned. Halo 2 was thee hotest thing around so it only makes sense that they would sell H2 along with the 360. Besides, that is a moot point. The 360 and Halo 2 were a perfect match regardless and they each helped each other out. The 10 year anniversary of that union is at the end of 2014, beginning of 2015. To me, it would make sense to market and sell it like that.

If Halo 2 is remade, it would logically be in 2014, not some far off date...that's 12 more years lol if you say a 20 year anniversary.

MS will make a bundle of money, no way to pass that up imo.

Who said I didn't play H2 Live?

That is the first game i started on live, and i was madly addicted to it.

I'm a huge HUGE fan of H2, Its just my opinion that it shouldn't get remade, simple brah.

Who said I didn't play H2 Live?

That is the first game i started on live, and i was madly addicted to it.

I'm a huge HUGE fan of H2, Its just my opinion that it shouldn't get remade, simple brah.

It wasn't your opinion that caught my attention, it was your excuses for H2 not being remade, so I pointed them out.

I would buy it for sure. I think Halo 2 would look great with updated graphics and it would be a preorder and day one purchase if the orignal multiplayer was left untouched. I really think there is a good chance of 343i doing this. Maybe in 2014.

Would be nice if they remastered it with HD graphics, but in my opinion remastering it with new graphics just so we can bring the game back to life would be an amazing idea. Would love to see Halo 2 multiplayer with better graphics and untouched gameplay to be back online. I miss the old days.

• 2 weeks later...

Multiplayer will have the Reach engine anyway.

No, it won't. When Halo 4 comes out, the Halo 2 Anniversary project will have to merge with Halo 4's multiplayer or if anything else, bringing its multiplayer back to life.

It would be nice but I believe they should leave it as it is, Halo 2 is at some point in the future going to be something kids will learn about in museums. Why alter it? make it new? it was made in a time when game technology was at a little low, Halo 2 paved gaming for today. We must understand it was made at an older date and to re-make it now would lower its value. If you had a 1972 Mustang complete with all the bells and whistles and still ran perfectly, would you get rid of and make these parts newer? lowering the value of the car tremendously?