Halo 2 Remastered for 12th Halo Anniversary

Arbiter

Halo 2 Remake!  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake the original Halo online multiplayer?

• Yes, definitely!
    • It would be nice, but won't kill me if they don't.
    • Do not care either way.
    • No I do not see that it is necessary.
    • Just bring the original back online.

Well, since this IS the Halo 2 remake, yeah. If Halo: Anniversary had one, why not Halo 2? I mean, i'm currently starting play the campaign now. And it's a pretty decent game for its time. People don't lie when they say, "this is prabably the best campaign Bungie's ever made." It deserves it, a remastered campaign of H2, possible multiplayer mappack and plenty more? This will definitely be a game to look forward to.

Halo 2, to me, is just a good game. I personally don't see it as anything great, but I do enjoy playing it from time to time. The things that, to me, keep it from being great are the amount of glitches, lack of polish, and the boring level design.

I voted for the second option on the poll.

What you're all forgetting is that they could, would or can make it but they'd have to see some immense backing from the community members and funding from Microsoft. The problem with a remake like Halo: 2 is that people, eventually would be asking in more years to come to remake all the game, maybe even re-write the story because to be honest Halo: 3 story was a massive disappointment. So, personally if they were to remake Halo: 2. I'd expect to see the same in 'all' Halo games. They done it to one, two more to go.

The community would never ask 343 to re-write Halo 2, or any other game. -and Halo 3 was amazing

You're forgetting opinions vary my fellow user. Just because of what I say does NOT make it the truth, it makes it MY opinion.

*Sigh* Look... Let me give you a quick run-up of all the Halo games and the opinions people have on them.

Halo Combat Evolved gets released... People who want to play it, buy it. People who dont, dont.

Halo 2 gets released... Fans of Halo CE buy it, people who hate it say: 'This has killed the Halo aura and is a big letdown'. Bungie seems to get this impression from the fans, and proclaims Halo 2 a failure. ...HOWEVER, Many fans are dazzled by the genius plot/story-line, and the ability to play as Covenant. Stating that Halo 2 is the best of the two (I being one of them).

Halo 3 gets released... Fans buy the game. Due to the fact that its released on the new Xbox 360. Players are amazed by the graphics, this seems to be its greatest strength. Many people say that Halo 3 was a redemption from the disaster of Halo 2. Others still rank Halo 2 as a success. A minority of people say that Halo 3 had a dry plot, and was boring and 'Go from point A to point B' styled plot.

Halo Wars gets released... Due to this being a different game altogether, and due to its strategic element of non-first person, many fans of the Halo trilogy were disappointed, and were reluctant to buy the game altogether. Often saying that 'Its not halo anymore, not without the master chief'. Others however, glad to have a small change in genre.

Halo 3 ODST gets released... Back to First person shooting, however, not in the eyes of the Master Chief. Many fans, again, disliked the game. Also complaining about it 'being too dark'. Thought most saying it was better than Halo Wars. Some people however, said that it tied in with the plot of Halo 2, and enjoyed the extra lore. These people being those who enjoyed Halo 2 in the first place.

Halo Reach gets released... After two 'failure games' in the eyes of most fans. Halo Reach becomes the newly loved Halo Game. Many saying that it 'reflects the awesomeness of Halo 3' and that its 'good to be playing as a spartan again'. Other people say that it was horrible, stating that 'features like armor lock, ruin the multiplayer'. I have even heared comments from people, saying that Halo Reach was a step up from the disaster that was Halo 3.

Halo CEA gets released... Most people saying they loved playing the first 'good old Halo game again, living the good old days once more' and ;its great to see this masterpiece in today's graphics'. Others say that remaking such a fantastic game was the biggest mistake in the whole Halo series. 'It should be left untouched'.

...Now, before we talk of a Halo 2 remake, take in what I wrote. ...What we have is a big mash of mixed opinions and thoughts. None are wrong, non are correct. If someone says Halo 3 was the biggest failure of the franchise... In their eyes, and their experience, they are correct. In your eyes they might be wrong. ...Those saying Halo 2 should be remade, are completely entitled for a opinion. It dosent make them wrong, thought it dosent make you wrong either, you have the same rights.

My point im trying to get across is... Its stupid to say a game was a failure. because for someone else its a success. Each game has great pros and great cons, these change depending on the person that is playing it. I feel very irritated when somebody sends a complaint to Bungie, 343 or just another player, about how they dislike the game and its a failure. Because for someone else, its the complete opposite. So in a way, every Halo game is more or less a success and a failure. Tying in with the famous quote... 'Nothing is perfect'

Im also saying this to give a heads up to all of you guys. If you see a comment saying 'Halo Reach is the best game ever!' ...It dosent make it hard fact, its a opinion. Theres no need to start a argument, though its perfectly fine to express your concerns or your own opinion also.

Anyways... I just wanted to say this to prevent any arguing. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon please bring halo 2 back online I just found my original Xbox Halo 2 but couldn't play online. Made me quite upset because it was one of my first Xbox games. Having a remastered version would be great I'd love to play Halo 2 again but I have no motivation to because the multiplayer is off and I don't achieve anything for finishing the campaign over and over again.

PLEASE 343 industries can you make a remastered 12th anniversary edition just like Halo CE because that's amazing!

Should they re-master another one of the best stories of all time or leave it alone untouched again it was one of the first game with xbox live.

leave it or change it? :thumbsup:

Do to numerous threads a poll has been added by a Moderator and this thread has been pinned.

I would say they should re-vamp the graphics for the campaign (keep it 2 player) just add CO-OP and also add the option to go back to the original graphics (like in CEA) instantly with just the back button.

As for the online. I think they should leave the OLD graphics. Also I think they should leave EVERYTHING EXACTLY THE SAME. Example, Super bounces, button glitches, sword canceling, butterflying, ways to get out of the map, etc.etc.

I actually DON'T want a forge mode, Theater would be nice, but I honestly don't care too much for it at all.

Actually guys, I know this may not seem like much, but remastering Halo 2 would take a lot of time. Because of this, if they did remake Halo 2 it would subtract from the amount of people that work on Halo 4 WHICH WE WOULDN'T WANT. Because of this, I say no.

Halo 2 would be nice with pumped up graphics and cool new environments. Why not remaster one of the greatest halo games? Halo 1 got it.

Halo: Combat Evolved got it because it was the first game in the series, and its ten year anniversary was coming up. It was the start of a franchise that would soon become (arguably) one of the most popular FPS franchises of the decade. Also, a remastering of Halo 2 might take away from the budget of Halo 5 and 6, and I personally wouldn't like that.

• 2 weeks later...

just like halo 1 we all wanted a anniversary the only thing that i feel as a letdown from halo anniversary is the multiplayer. if 343 did want to follow a pattern of halo 1 remake, halo 4, halo 2 remake, halo 5. like that, im sure they would but it is also very predictable. if there is a halo 2 remake im sure it would be a total surprise because 343 likes to keep secrets to build anticipation with there fans. halo 2 would be a great remake because achievements would be present and for once every halo campaign would be on xbox 360. whatever 343 does end up doing, will be just as good.