pelican in multiplayer

ODST Omega 117

I think having an actual scarab in multiplayer is too much, if anything just have a pelican that you can script to where it should go, but not as radical as an actual pilotable scarab.

yeah i agree with you about it being piloted, i meant a close range map that consists only of a free-roaming scarab that has a bigger platform on it's top. if you fall off you're dead. As for the pelican, I'd really like to see one that can be flown, maybe not outside of custom games. But one that has timed routes would definitely be cool on a map for matchmaking

I think...It would work pretty well on big maps...If other vehicles such as the banshee and hornet would go faster and teh pelican even faster than those...i always see in the cutscenes banshee go much faster than in multiplayer such as in halo wars

I would like to see a higher top speed on banshees too. By making the speed boost more sensitive to pressure and the battery draining responsive in kind, a faster banshee seems possible to me. The hornet could be like the same deal, a little more speed on the top end.

• Like 1

Guest Oakley HiDef

The pelican would be fun to play around with but I dont think it brings enough to the table at the moment to warrant adding it in

problems

1. Limited Use

The pelican is used as a transport vehicle with the ability to carry at least a dozen troops and possibly a warthog. To have this vehicle work in customs/multiplayer we would have to be playing on a map the size of all of forgeworld. This is highly unlikely for this upcoming iteration of Halo

2.Balance

The pelican is a huge flying vehicle with a lot of armor it can fly pretty quickly and has a turret. Not quite sure what its role on the battlefield would be other than transport which has been adressed as an issue. If not a transport vehicle then it would be an attack vehicle which seems pretty deadly.

3 Size

The vehicle itself is huge which would make using it on almost any map awkward. Consider if it were to be placed at a base, the monster would be basically the size of a hemmorge base. This would feel very out of place on the ground, much less lumbering around the battlefield. Also the vehicle couldnt really be boarded without an insanely rediculous board animation which goes back to balance.

Conclusion

Dont expect to see a pelican in typical custom games. The vehicle may find its way in as a placeable bit of scenery or perhaps as an AI controlled effect as seen in invasion. Perhaps we may even see it in some other game modes such as firefight.

When the Halo series moves onto the new xbox however that will be a new story all together. Who knows what they will be able to do with that kind of power. Maybe we will see increased destruction, huge maps, larger player counts. All this would lean towards a more battlefield experience which could certainly warrant the use of transport vehicles

In order to have the pelican, phantom or scarab the maps would have to be almost the size of forge world and that is something i would not want to be playing on. Current vehicles in halo are fine, other then bringing the hornet and elephant back i wouldn't suggest adding the troop transports other then to put you on the field at the beginning of the match.

not all the vehicles in halo are fine, the falcon is fun to drive but you cant shoot like when you fly falcons in the campaign

• 7 months later...

When i first saw reaches forge demo i was like holy sh t this is easily big enough for a pelican and phantom then at the same night i dreamt of forge world and me and my friends were dog fighting with pelicans and phantoms and when i dream about stuff like that im usually correct. i woke up the next morning thinking of map ideas to incorperate them into when i got reach i dived into forge expecting a pelican,phantom and what do i get a falcon that cant shoot by a main gun like in campaign and doesnt have a grenade launcher turret version in forge like the rocket hog and gauss hog SUCH A DISSAPOINTMENT.

• 2 weeks later...

How about an aerial battle gametype? Or something. Why not give us SABER battles in Multiplayer? It'd be boss. Maybe for Halo 5...

That would be pretty awesome. They could bring the basic concept used in Star Wars: Battlefront 2 to base themselves on and just build it up from that. Wow... that would actually be so cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...