Coming From Behind 2015

Alrighty! Since we have already seen the assassination feature in the two latest Halo titles, those being Halo Reach and Halo 4 respectively, we can only assume that they will also make their oh so welcome appearance in Halo 5, indeed. The only question that we can ask ourselves is how they will look like... If you analyzed and compared the assassination movements and types from the two previous installments, you will notice that none of them are reused, even if they were, they were different I some areas of movement, approach, and of course player on player designation.

Now it is for you to decide and speculate... What fabulous assassinations will we see now? Which ones would you like the people at 343 to synthesize? And of course, what other ways would you want the assassination system to be changed, altered, or improved?

• Like 4

Alrighty! Since we have already seen the assassination feature in the two latest Halo titles, those being Halo Reach and Halo 4 respectively, we can only assume that they will also make their oh so welcome appearance in Halo 5, indeed. The only question that we can ask ourselves is how they will look like... If you analyzed and compared the assassination movements and types from the two previous installments, you will notice that none of them are reused, even if they were, they were different I some areas of movement, approach, and of course player on player designation.

Now it is for you to decide and speculate... What fabulous assassinations will we see now? Which ones would you like the people at 343 to synthesize? And of course, what other ways would you want the assassination system to be changed, altered, or improved?

Press Melee on their back, they fall down dead. That is with animations turned off.

Press Melee on their back, you grab their head and slit their throat. That is with animation turned on.

Yes. I want an option.

• Like 1

*Victim must be in crouched position, assaulter must have some type of precision weapon or pistol, but none that are forerunner.*

Once initiated, the assaulter will knee the victim unbelievably hard in the head, making him/her drop to a 1 arm/ 2 knees touching the ground position. You take whatever weapon you're holding, stick it in their ear, (hard enough to where you actually tilt their head) and blow their brains out from ear to ear. (I'd say this would look best with a pistol, but any precision weapon will work.)

*Assaulter must have shotgun type weapon equipped.*

Assaulter turns the victim around, crouches and puts the barrel of the shotgun into victim's stomach. (The shotgun is pointing upwards towards the sky, but against the victim's belly) When the shotgun fires the victim is flung backwards for a short distance in the air. If it is a forerunner shotgun, the victim disintegrates in the air.

*Gravity Hammer is required for assaulter*

Assaulter kicks victims leg in right behind their knee, and reels back for a hammer strike with the spiked end while the victim lies on the ground on a flat back. The spike breaches the visor, kills the victim, and is then pulled out. 

*No requirements*

Assaulter runs up behind victim, jumps, grabs the victim by the head while still in the air, slams their face into the ground, and then stomps on their head. (The first part of this assassination is called a "Bulldog")

*Victim must be a grunt*

Assaulter takes combat knife, stabs the grunt's methane take, pulls his knife out, and watches the grunt fly like a balloon that had the air let out of it.

*1/100th chance of happening, must be against hunter, must have grenade equipped.*

If you've seen Forward Unto Dawn, and Master Chiefs signature move on that Hunter, that's pretty much it.

Yes, I think the assassinations should be a little more gruesome.

• Like 2

I think I new one could be that you just grab on to the

players back and put the knife right between their eyes.

An added touch would be to discard their dead corpse

by throwing it aside. *Hopefully this isn't too graphic of

a description or anything*

If they have the assassination animations in the halo I hope they're more fluid. eg, kick the back of the players knee and then break their neck. something fast.

They look really cool in my opinion but they just slow you down too much having to pause there awkwardly hoping you weren't going to get assassinated yourself. So I just hope they are quick and effective.

I would like to see assassinations that are influenced by the armour you or your opponent is wearing or a weapon you or your opponent is wielding. (Like rrhuntington said with the weapon specific assassinations).

I somebody wears a knife on their shoulder (Halo:Reach style) you as the assassin can grab it from their shoulder and stick it in their head and leave it there or when you have the FOTUS helmet you can actually use that horn on your head.

Also first person assassination would be cool.

I think Battlefield 4 kinda nailed the knifing animations:

Although they sometimes glitch out a bit it certainly looks cool

@Mayh3m

Are you talking about an individual toggle for the animations or a playlist toggle for the animations? If it is based upon the individual would that not create an imbalance between those using animations and those who are not? One would come to the conclusion that those who do not use the animation would be able to assassinate far more quickly than those with the animation, thus creating an imbalance within the game.

If 343i then decided to keep the assassination length the same between the animated and non animated assassinations then what is the point in not having the animations?

The only way I could see this idea working is if the whole playlist turned off animations for everybody. Nobody gets the choice in game beyond choosing to be in that playlist. Since this would take up a whole playlist some people will probably be miffed that they are unable to play that playlist (lets say CTF) with out the animated assassination. Thus creating a new playlist in order to give those fans what they wish. In theory they would have to double the amount of playlists just so they could have one with and one with out the animations while still keeping playlists with different modes. That in turn will thin out the amount of players in each playlist and quite possibly overload 343i with maintaining that many servers.

Hmm...

Flood Assassinations:

1. Flood infected Spartan-IV sprints toward player, jabs the flood talon through the abdomen, and raises the arm splitting the victim in half

2. Flood infection form sprints toward the player, does a crouching slide and cuts their head off. (Much like a Halo: Reach spartan on elite assassination.)

Spartan Assassinations:

1. [Flag Kill] Spartan sprints toward player with flag in hand and stabs it through their head, kicks them backwards and regains his/her flag

2. [Oddball Kill] Spartan takes the oddball and throws it with a lot of power at another player, causing the ball to shatter against the helmet, if timed right, a teammate or yourself can then go in and stomp the stunned opponents head into the ground

3. [Vehicular Assassination] Spartan boards enemy vehicle, grabs the driver or passenger and tosses them under the wheels causing the to die of vehicular manslaughter.

4. [Vehicular Assassination Counter] Spartan attempts to high-jack the driver or passenger, if timed right you can click a button combo to fight back and kick them off into the dust.

5. [Vehicular Assassination Counter] Spartan attempts to high-jack the gunner, if timed right a specific button combo can cause the gunner to grab the enemy and stick them to the end of the turret while the gunner will proceed to shoot the enemy. (May jam any turrets)

6. [Vehicular Assassination] Enemy boards gunner section of Warthog and takes the turret and spins it at a high speed, getting a hit on the spartan's abdomen causing major bleeding, then death.

7. [Mag-sassination!!] Spartan-IV has gained enough fury (I'll explain fury in a second) in the match to be able to take the Magnum in the melee style that was new in Reach (The one with the melee and flip back) and thrust the weapon into the back of the helmet, puncturing their skull and leaving massive to fatal damage.

~~~~FURY~~~~

Fury is a new type of system that I created to give Spartan-IV's that have some anger issues the ability to let loose. Fury is built up when a near ally's death occurs that you could've saved or seeing an ally get assassinated, so on. The fury bar when full will give the player a three hit melee damage boost. This will allow players to use their own weapons - ones even without blades to puncture the armor and possibly kill them.

Although the system has a hint of overpower within itself, it still gives the victim a chance to retaliate since on most occasions the hit will only badly injure them. The third melee strike will have the most damage, being the "final blow" of them all. The final blow attacks will kill the enemy once in contact with the weapon. If the enemy does survive a final blow attack, they are rewarded with a medal called "Shrink", as they have survived the worst blow of the man/woman with fury at the full.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spartan Assassinations [Continued]:

8. [spik-sassination!!] The spartan takes a Spiker, runs up to an enemy and holds them up by their neck. He/she then smashed the spikes on the Spiker into the enemies visor, causing blindness if survived, or even death death if the spikes went far enough into the head to hit the brain.

9. [Needler Assassination] Spartan pulls out the last remaining needle in the needler and sneaks up behind an enemy and begins to rapidly start stabbing at the neck until the enemy is dead.

~~~~Hand-to-Hand-Combat~~~~

So, we've all seen it in rumors for Halo 4. But all we got a was a few quick-time events in the campaign. And what are Spartan-IV's to do when they run out of ammo? Spartans are not always dependent on weapons. As William-043 had taken on two hunters in hand to hand combat and killed one of them, and saved his fellow spartans. The Spartan-IV's are stronger than Spartan-III's, so they have more power and a better pain tolerance. They could take massive blows and get up unharmed.

We always run out of ammo, so instead of scavenging how about we have a choice to throw our weapons down and use our fists? It's not hard to use, LT/RT to punch, LB/RB to block. It isn't the worst concept. And although it keeps you vulnerable, it is better to go out in a blaze of fury with your hands rather than with a gun you can barely keep in your own control, right?

• Like 1

These are all great ideas wow everyone seems really invested in this and that is awesome!

I personally would love to see a weapon specific assassination for each weapon. Of course this would take up a ton of resources on 343i's part and probably won't happen but it would still be entertaining.  

what about with some weapons you could get the enemy int a choke hold with it like in AC3/4 and kill them with it or just knock out assassinations where they go down for a while but aren't dead and so they just watch what is going on around them there was a glitch like that in H4 lol

Surprisingly some good ideas in here(:

One thing I'd like to see is as soon as you initiate the assassination you get the kill. Otherwise it'll be a step back from the classic back slap and not useful. (Also people stealing kills is an issue as caboose stated )

Also I think weapon specific kills would be cool.

Examples like..

-pistol, one handed knife to the neck.

-shotgun, strange/ neck snap with gun.

Stuff like that would be cool I think, almost like the weapon specific executions found in gears of war3.

Maybe this could ad strategy to assassinatios. Meaning pistol assassinations would be faster than a sniper one but the sniper would be more elaborate?

I know a lot of people were upset when they somehow pulled off an assasination when all they wanted was a beatdown, and ended up in a bad situation due to the slightly longer time frame assasinations keep you imobile. An option to toggle them on and off for yourself in your own personal control settings would be ideal. To clarify, toggling them off would only disable assasinations for yourself. Opponents will still be able to use them on you if they are toggled on.

In terms of new assasinations I'd like to see, every brute weapon should have its own unique assasination (this is assuming brute weapons return). The spiker blades would be used to stab the user once or twice before pushing them aside. The brute shot blade would be used to slice an opponent in the chest area, likely cutting through vital organs. The small mauler blade could be used to slit an opponent's throat from behind, and the gravity hammer would force a victim to their knees followed up by a satisfying helmet-splitting axe chop to the head, ending with the wielder pushing thier foot on the body while slowly pulling the blade out of the skull of the corpse. If not the rest of the brute weapons, I'd at least want to see some kind of hammersasination implemented, since the sword has its own already.

I say this for brute weapons because they have other means of killing opponents through their attached blades and I dont believe using actual munitions to perform assasinations are necessary. This is mainly because it would be wasteful (and possibly useless if you're weapon is empty) if ammo is used for weapon assasinations, and unrealistic if no ammo is used at all. I think they should just keep it simple and stick with melee-based weapons.

• Like 1