Caboose The Ace

DMR or BR ?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer

• DMR
    • BR

What do you prefer ?

The good ol trusty Battle rifle

Or the fresh Designated marksman rifle ?

I prefer the BR overall as I feel it is the most versatile weapon or at least compared to the DMR.

The BR is good for short and medium range and isn't to bad for a Long range weapon in contrast to the DMR that struggles at close range.

( My opinion )

Sure a weapon maybe very good at a certain situation but in my opinion the best weapons are ones that are very versatile and allow you to be able to be a force to be wreckend with in many situations.

:)

• Like 2

Wherez mah DMBR?!?  Guess I'll just have to go with DMR.  Aside from it's operational perfection (my opinion only), I like the way it was done in terms of sounds, and firing.  The BR always just seemed...gimmicky?  Like it didn't really belong, at least the Halo 4 Storm BR anyway.

The BR is a great weapon, very, very versatile. It's extremely deadly at close range with its rapid rate of fire, 4-shot kill, and 2-shot pummel. 

The DMR is perfect for long range, and before the weapon update, it could pretty much hold its own in close range as well. 

I'm taking the BR over the DMR because I find myself in close range battles more often than not, and any skilled BR user will make quick work of a DMR user, making the BR a more favorable choice over the DMR.

Battle Rifle, as it was my baby back in Halo 2. Absolutely rekted the battlefield with that, and still do today. #1 choice of weapon 2014. :D 

But in all seriousness, BR, as I feel it's more powerful, but deals less damage afar. DMR is ok, but I feel as that weapon is used by the people that try to hard (NO OFFENCE TO THE PEOPLE THAT USE IT, MY OPINION). But yeah, BR all the way. 

To me the DMR feels better - I find that semi-automatic fire looks more awesome than burst fire, and of course the actual firing sound is much deeper and more powerful than the Battle Rifle. It also does have a bit of a range advantage, and of course there's less worry about bullet spread due to the tighter reticle, so provided the user's aim is good it's more reliably able to deliver on its optimum kill time.

But the thing is, the Battle Rifle is unquestionably the better gun in terms of performance. Being 4 trigger pulls to kill rather than 5 makes a huge difference in performance, so provided that a DMR-wielding opponent doesn't score two hits on you before you start firing back you're already at an advantage: it may not be a big difference in kill time, but it is an difference, and so unless you're engaging at long-range where the DMR's scope and precision give it the advantage, you're almost always going to be better off with the Battle Rifle.

• Like 5

Carbine eats you all for dinner.

In terms of these two though, I'd choose DMR for the sounds and feel, but I'd rather have the combat effectiveness of the BR. Whenever I play Halo MP, I try to make my kill distance relatively up close and personal all the time. I've never liked having a firefight across long distances, so I will attempt to flank you or find a shortcut to get closer to you 90% of the time. Even in that 10% firefight time frame, the BR still excels if my aim stays true. 

BR. 

I tend to stop using weapons I've gotten max commendations for, but previously I used to use the DMR all the time. After the update I started using the BR, but I used both for different situations. BR for close-mid, and DMR for mid-long.

Now I don't use them and have switched to the Carbine (which is pretty annoying), due to finishing the DMR/BR commendation, but if I had to choose between which was more versatile I'd pick the BR.

Both good in most situation for me. Of course when it comes to the big maps with not as many closed spaces, the DMR is great as it's the best long range weapon. Obviously with the BR, closed ranged maps, the BR comes out on top. But, that could be different for some people, but this is basically what my thoughts are on both weapons. I just pick one because I know they're both good, and do some work.

While I prefer the DMR, the 'muh 4sk br' community ruined the balancing so that the BR outclasses every weapon, meaning it';s the only rifle you can use to an effective degree.

While I prefer the DMR, the 'muh 4sk br' community ruined the balancing so that the BR outclasses every weapon, meaning it';s the only rifle you can use to an effective degree.

Well something had to be done because before the update the DMR was the almighty gun.

As I have said many times and will say now again the update made most weapons (I'm sorry storm rifle and supressor) effective at their designated range. AR at close range, BR at mid range and DMR at long range.

Before the update the DMR would outshoot every gun at every range and there was nasicly no use for the BR since 1 burst was equal to one shot of the DMR which is stoopid.

Well something had to be done because before the update the DMR was the almighty gun.

As I have said many times and will say now again the update made most weapons (I'm sorry storm rifle and supressor) effective at their designated range. AR at close range, BR at mid range and DMR at long range.

Before the update the DMR would outshoot every gun at every range and there was nasicly no use for the BR since 1 burst was equal to one shot of the DMR which is stoopid.

There's a diffrence between nerfing an OP weapon, and making it (Remember that most Halo encounters are close-medium range) so that all other weapons are outclassed by another.

The weapons weren't balanced, the BR just replaced the DMR because nostalgic H3 fanboys can't deal with having different gameplay.

The BR was the "one weapon to rule them all" in Halo 2 and 3. The thing seriously wasn't balanced at all. There was no point to using any other weapon, even power weapons.

I absolutely hated it. I made it a point not to use it at all.

The DMR started out that way in Halo 4, however that was corrected far better than any "balancing" that was attempted in Halo 2 and 3 for the BR.

Personally I enjoyed the DMR far better than the BR. Its semi-automatic single rounds were accurate and decently powerful. It "felt" (stupid to say that but its as accurate as I can be) like a weapon that was plausible and worth using.

There's a diffrence between nerfing an OP weapon, and making it (Remember that most Halo encounters are close-medium range) so that all other weapons are outclassed by another.

The weapons weren't balanced, the BR just replaced the DMR because nostalgic H3 fanboys can't deal with having different gameplay.

I'd definitely disagree with that. The Battle Rifle is a great gun, sure, but at close-mid range it's easily beaten by competent automatic users who know how to burst fire and control their recoil, and as long as the DMR is actually used at its proper range, you can easily take out a Battle Rifle user: for some reason people seem to insist on bringing the DMR to mid-range or even close-mid range fights against the other precision weapons and then wondering why they lost.

• Like 1

The BR was better when the game first came out, when it was destroyed by the DMR. The DMR is more versatile, but the weapons update gave the BR the advantage in damage, and made it OP with the ability to break shields and kill without requiring an extra shot. The DMR gets more aim magnetism and auto-aim, but the BR is unbalanced on a 3-bullet perspective.

...and I do equally well with both weapons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wherez mah DMBR?!?  Guess I'll just have to go with DMR.  Aside from it's operational perfection (my opinion only), I like the way it was done in terms of sounds, and firing.  The BR always just seemed...gimmicky?  Like it didn't really belong, at least the Halo 4 Storm BR anyway.

has a goddess spoken words of wisdom to you undeserving mortals (lol jk) maybe we should listen

I hate the BR with a passion remember those days when you held your DMR and scoffed in the faces of those with BR well they have ended for me

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My vote goes to the Battle Rifle.

I prefer it's play style over the DMR. I also enjoy using it more in Campaign and Firefight, not only Multiplayer. Now don't get me wrong, the Designated Marksman Rifle is a great weapon, extremely effective, but I personally prefer the BR.

The DMR isn't really the best up close and you'll get easily taken down against an enemy with a BR or AR if they're good enough. The Battle Rifle is great for close to medium range and can still do some damage at a far distance, although not as much as the DMR.

Final solution: Battle Rifle.