Twinreaper: Victim or Villain?

Twinreaper

Have I ever personally directed a rude vulgar comment towards you?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Does my behavior cause true mental harm to members?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I found it quite funny
    • Yes, I had to seek therapy for months
  2. 2. Have I ever personally directed a rude vulgar comment towards you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Truly Unsure
    • It happened once or twice, but I blew it off/
    • You did, but I over-reacted
  3. 3. Would you like to see Twinreaper change and become something he is not?

So over the past few weeks, I have been informed that numerous reports have been made against me involving my profile and how I use the Shoutbox.  In light of this, I feel it is necessary to call you all out on the reports, and set the record straight.  Additionally, I would like to hear your comments and poll how you feel about all of this.

Before I begin, this is NOT a thread to excuse my behavior or negate the rules of the site in any way.  This post is simply to inform the members, and gauge actual opinion.

For those of you that are lucky enough to know me on the site very well, as well as off-site in the "real world", my behavior comes as no surprise.  For those who know of me, or not at all and only see me once in a while, you are at a disadvantage and as such, your feelings and perspective of my behavior can easily be misunderstood.  I am a shock-jock of sorts.  I use visuals and language to shock people, and more often than not, use it to amuse people and make them laugh.  In fact 95% of the time, my behavior, posts and responses cause more uncontrollable laughter than hurt or bad feelings.  When you see me use foul language in the shoutbox, it is blurted out in the form of "****".  In essence you cannot truly know what word I used, or even verify that I used foul language due to the shoutbox's auto filter.  At times this can be both misleading and misunderstood.

But to clarify for myself, I never filter my own words, I allow the SB to do that for me.  One thing you will notice is that whenever I use profane language, I never use it to describe a person here, nor do I personally direct I it towards someone.  The whole point of the filter and the cursing rule is to protect members of this community.  Now I do believe in the rules, I really do.  But at the same time, if I am causing no personal harm towards members, I don't see what the big fuss is.

I'm glad my comings and goings on the site have everyone so pre-occupied, but seriously, I'm one guy.  What harm am I doing, and how important is my behavior really to you guys?  Have you nothing better to do than personally go around and monitor the site, reporting members like the 343i's own personal Gastapo?  I understand that not everyone wants to see what I have to say, and that's why we can block people.  Let me ask you one thing, and think about it logically and honestly.  Have I ever caused any serious harm either mentally or emotionally to anyone by what I have posted or said in the shoutbox?  Or is it an over-reaction to something you did not understand from someone you don't fully understand?

Lastly I want to talk about my profile.  The rules we have on certain content, do not apply fully to the profile system.  Our profile's are more like our own personal "batcaves", in which we have a greater flexibility of what we can and can't put up.  While my profile is not exactly "normal", it is a perfect reflection of who I am as a real person.  I have always told people that I am the same person off site as I am on site.  And my profile fits me 100%.  My profile at the same time may not be pleasant for you all to look at and read, but it was YOUR choice to venture onto my profile.  Do we blame cars for hitting people when they venture out into a busy intersection without looking?  No we don't, we blame the careless moron who darted out there.  Same rule applies.  If you don't know me and can't look at things objectively enough or don't have a sense of humor, then don't DO IT!

In the end, I'm just like everyone else.  I have good days, I have bad days, and I don't do anything that really harms the community.  While I may not go about things the right way all the time, I often again, bring a lot of humor to the site.  I cannot change who I am or how I go about doing things here.  I don't want to offend people, I don't want to change who I am, so how can we meet on the middle ground here?  Keep in mind that children between the ages of 10-15 are the biggest users of profane language, I know from experience as a parent.  The words I use (and they are filtered out to boot!) are slight compared to what I heard children use IN PUBLIC!

All I ask is that you examine yourselves and decide exactly how honestly to answer my poll questions.  I don't want to have to leave this great site because people here take themselves and the rules too seriously.  Again, I like rules and they all have their place and need to be followed.  But I cannot change who I am, and in the end I don't believe I hurt anyone.  So answer honestly, and please, leave some feedback posts.  I appreciate everyones candor and honesty in this matter. 

• Like 8

Honestly Twin. You have brought some joy to the nights usually with your "acts of violence" as some might say. I quite enjoy a laugh or two at how somebody takes their time out of their day, and makes them look like a fool. :) Not specifically calling you a fool, but that's the Twin I know, and that's the Twin I never want to forget. People need to get a hold of themselves, as they are mostly childish, and doesn't see what the fun and joy your putting to us forum users! :3

• Like 1

I've heard from others, or from you yourself that you have Multiple Personality Disorder (it's called something else now but I don't know what). I know that does bring into question the accountability of your actions due to you apparently coming in and out of control.

BUT The other you(s) have gone crazy in the Shoutbox. Sometimes towards innocent Forum dwellers. Just the other day I witnessed you calling for Rue, and when she wasn't here you called her some "Profane" names in censorship.

Now in order to "get" you we would have to know you personally, but most people here don't: including me. We do not know you in real life, and we can't gauge weither your fooling around or being serious.

Anyway If I had been Rue and seen what you've said then I would've been hurt. I don't know if she knows you personally, but it still is something that is uncalled for and needs to stop.

And you think that just because your words are censored that the younger kids will not be affected by it. On the contrary they could perceive them as cuss words, think of them as cool, and begin to use them excessively. Be mature.

And if you can't control your other selves, then I'm sorry to say that you should not be allowed to use the Shoutbox.

I like to think of myself as a friend of some level to you, but I can't let that get in the way if you can't control outbursts towards people here who didn't deserve it.

• Like 5

Well it is possible to follow the forum rules and still be yourself. If people are reporting you then you should just make your posts more mild.

Yesterday when we were talking about the tree and the stuff before that everything seemed fine.

I am going to agree with Wombat and Self

You can still be 100% yourself while still following forum rules. The truth is not all of us are going to get along. I know plenty of members that hate me and honestly I could care less. 

All I can say is you really can still be yourself while still following forum rules. Trust me I've done it,

I'm not that easily harmed by astrikses in the shoutbox and your profile is yours. But I still think your signature is quite gruesome and people don't have to go to your profile to see that. They see that stuff when they read a thread of someone and you commented on there. What I'm saying is that people can indeed stay clear of your profile and such, but you signature is displayed everytime you make a post and some people might not be prepared for that.

Also the poll seems a bit forced. Like your actually pointing us in the direction you want us to click by making the 'wrong options' seem like you would do a bad thing if you clicked it.

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 3

CABOOSE TIME NOW !

If I am 100 percent honest here.....

I really don't care as really it just seems normal for you, and so I accept you, are who you are < Tongue twister

But every now and again you do go a little overboard on certain things but apart from that you are a good member in my eyes.

Definitely useful for tech stuff anyway. :)

• Like 2

I find it funny, considering you recieve the same amount of stuff that you dish out. I'm fine with it, just because I understand it, and how you are using it. Keep up the good work, Lord of Trolls!

• Like 1

Even if you were the most retarded judge of character out there you'd be able to tell Twin is joking. I honestly don't see how the comments Twin makes - which are CERTAINLY mild comments, as he stated himself and as I understand. (Being a person who is within said 10-15 age range, and also frequents several other forums and communities)

@Peanut Asterisks*

• Like 1

I know both u on here and real life and it's understandable and read this I don't mind it I've had much worse but I believe u shouldn't have to change cause some people don't like it but like I said I'm here 24-7 day or night any time I'm here for anybody so I've been through it. :P so I don't want u to leave or change.. :D but that's me ur PIC sayin it.

Cory-......boo-hoo for other members......

Tyson-Get over the facts, no one can truly change who they are no matter what.

Jason-It doesn't matter who you are, just be you.

Mikail-You shouldn't change your self just because a select few don't like how you act.

Trae-You guys are cruel

Kyle-....

Drew-What Jason said.

Genny-I can't believe I am saying this. Just be you, if you change who you are I'll hate you just as much.

Haley-I only care for my self, I don't care what happens to others.

Sally-Be you!

So Twin reaper you're saying it's humorous that you're rude to people like me and you think its funny? I don't think so .I don't see any logic of you saying that apparently I have  ADD and it is funny ? (plus I don't even have ADD). So you say people shouldn't make judgements about you. Nor should you make them about others because believe me its tedious. So you want to inform me?  Well here's my informant to you :Just cut it out. You're a  great guy when you can be and many people in the forums have voted no because they care , make people care more not less.

I asked you if you jave ADD becuase you were seemingly not following the conversation and seemed confused. Yet again another example of sarcasm being lost on the internet. And by the way, I have ADHD and so does my son, so boo fricken hoo.  If you really thought it was rude, perhaps you need to a. Lighten up or b, develop a better sense of humor. Either way, i'll just avoid talking to you all together then. Funny how poking fun at people and cracking jokes becomes a one way street with a lot of you guys.

And you could have just as easily sent me a PM rather than bump an old topic.

• Like 1