What was the saddest Halo Moment for you?

What was the saddest moments you've experienced with Halo? They can be anything related to Halo; Books, Games, Cut scenes, "Movies", etc.

I have a few (I've been around since Halo: CE);

The first and major one was back when Halo 3 was coming out, from the way the trailers made it seem it was the end of Halo (thanks goodness it wasn't), I was so torn up over it. Halo 3 has to be one of my favorite Halo games.

The Second would Have to be Jorge's death in Halo Reach, he was a great spartan and died believing he had saved Reach.

The Third is, and it still hurts. Is Cortana's "death" (still hoping for her to come back in Halo 6). Cortana has always been there for us players. And to me one of the only people to always be there for the Chief.

And the final one (as silly as it may seem) was the Halo 5 teaser trailer. When I first saw it (and when Cortana's death was still a major thing for me) I felt as if Chief was now an old man, with all his friends dead and gone, no one left to turn to and nothing left to fight for, basicly, to me, he was portrayed as this being his journeys end, that he was no longer useful; No wars to fight, no friends and Cortana, no more useful for what he was raised for, just an old useless man who's journey was at its end. And it hurt, a LOT to me. It was like Halo was all over again (Like when I first saw the Halo 3 trailers).

Those are all my sad moments, what about yours? Any interesting stories to tell about it/how you felt?

• Like 1

This as of now was the second time I cried playing games ( I have only cried 2 times ) first time was the Mass effect 3 ending extended cut and the second was Halo 4s ending I cried a little nothing like ME3s ending but at least I can say it was a damm good ending Halo 4s was. :)

• Like 1

Saddest moment has to go to Halo 4s ending for me, but the second has to be the legendary ending of Halo 3

"I'll miss you..."

"Wake me... When you need me" *Pans out and then fades to black*

Those two lines signified the end of an era...

• Like 1

When I found out that halo 1 was being remade and I drove all the way to pax Seattle and found out they lied to us.

But it did get remade.... It's called Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

On topic though, I have a tie for saddest and most impactful moments in my Halo career. 

1. When Sergeant Johnson was killed by 343 Guilty Spark. I wish they gave us more weapons to kill him with after. He died a most noble death though and he wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

2. When Miranda Keyes was killed. Miranda was going to become a top military officer and a renowned one just as her father was but it was cut short Needler shots in her abdomen. I didn't get off the Ark until I killed every Flood form in the control room with the Arbiter. 

3. Cortana sacrificing herself to save the Master Chief and keep him drifting in space. This still makes me wonder whether this was the last time we'd be seeing Cortana in the Halo games. 

I love all Campaigns of Halo but I just felt like Halo 3 tied it all together the best. Halo 4 was a whole new adventure and could've done things differently even in Campaign to make it better but I still love it. Those above have to be the most emotional moments for though.

• Like 1

Well, Bungie's Halo games were the saddest, in my opinion.

Miranda's, Johnson's, each of Noble Team's deaths (With the exception of Noble 6's) and Cortana's death are said too much when a question like this comes up. They were sad scenes, sure, but in my opinion, they really needed more character development and other scenes could use more attention. With that said, here are my top five saddest Halo moments from least good to best.

(Including a video, in case you forgot the scene! So, to avoid using up all the space, I've enclosed it inside this "spoiler" box below)

5. Were You In The Middle of Something? (Halo 2)

Yes, nothing big really happens. But the music pushes the scene forward. Master Chief may have killed Regret, but he wasn't able to escape the Covenant Cruiser in time. He's pushed back into the water and held captive by a mysterious new entity. At this point, you really don't know what is to become of him. While the events aren't sad, the music somehow magically turns it into something sad. Think about it, a supersoldier in a hopeless situation. Despite all his power, he can't do anything anymore. You were seemingly able to achieve victory, but instead, a sour taste is left in your mouth and you fall into the abyss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEYqVigXU4o

4. Dust and Echoes (Halo CE)

A new threat arises far more viscous than a threat that you previously thought was the bad enough already. Each marine dies one by one. Others succumbing to a slow, painful, terrifying death by the hands of the Flood. You discovered mysterious new places and saw remnants of a long lost civilization. But now, you need to destroy Halo. And despite the possibility of survivng Marines still being on the Halo ring, you don't have a choice and you can't wait for them. Halo has to be stopped as soon as possible. It was a threat where Master Chief had no choice. Nothing was left but "dust and echoes."

3. Cortana Rescue (Halo 3)

Trapped, held captive for what feels like years. Alone with nothing but "a monument to all your sins". Broken slowly piece by piece until you are nothing left. Cortana's rescue turns into something sadder with all the Cortana moments that appear beforehand. "So much of me is wrong...Out of place. You might be too late."

2. Lone Wolf (Halo Reach)

Faced with a choice between a possible chance of escaping Reach or defending the Pillar of Autumn from a Covenant Cruiser threatening to glass the area, Noble 6 chooses the latter and is left behind on Reach to die a heroic death in a last stand. The speach from Dr. Halsey makes the moment even sadder. Reach fell and Noble 6 chose to die like the rest of his team. Just imagine that. All the efforts of every Spartan on Reach and still, the whole planet was annihilated.

1. Wake Me When You Need Me (Halo 3)

Think about it. You feel like you've done everything you could. Just when you thought you're going home, you're stranded in space. Here Master Chief is alone with Cortana. They've finished everything that started with Halo CE. A hero goes into a crytube, the very thing he came out of in Halo CE, to fall asleep. To be awakened when needed. The music is a throwback to Halo CE's ending, giving the same mood and feelings of nostalgia. It's sad because of that. A hero can't rest.

The part when Captain Keys died in Halo CE, then Foehammer was really sad... But the biggest shock to me was when Miranda died in Halo 3... I was still sad about it up until I got my mind off of it by the last level, only to have Johnson die and make me sad again... I didn't even have time to recover from Miranda's death, and now johnsons dead.. Then before I could even have time to mourn, Master Chief ends up alone isolated in space, presumed dead, aka MIA, Arbiter has to return home to a war that is killing millions of his people, and the UNSC had a memorial service honoring all the fallen soldiers... That combined with the fact that the game was over, a legendary trilogy that consumed my life and made up so much of my childhood was over, and that it was the last Halo game (at the time, that's what ever one said) was all really kinda depressing...