Crazy Grunt's Riddle Challenge (Round 6)

Axilus Prime

Nuh-uh.

-

I am the first

The eve of the journey...

I don't want to see

The end of all strife?

Usurp the master

These beasts answer to me

It did something to me...

This inferior creation

Score:

9 - JL
7 - Butch Flowers
6 - Self Destruct
5 - Caboose the Ace
4 - Unease P34nut
4 - rrhuntington
3 - Starfire
3 - UNSC Spartan-II
3 - WonderWombat
2 - Twinreaper
2 - Zaguroth
2 - Ledgend1221
2 - Silent Alpha
1 - Bnus
1 - Total Mayh3m
1 - HollowPseudonym
1 - Uncooked Moa

Tartarus?

WINNER!!

-

Analysis

I am the first

- This references the fact that Tartarus was the FIRST Brute EVER SEEN in a Halo game (specifically Halo 2).

The eve of the journey...

I don't want to see

- Eve means "Right before a large event" as in The Great Journey. Before Tartarus attempted to activate the Ring, the Arbiter tried to reason with him. Essentially trying to get him to "see" his wrongdoings. But Tartarus decided to stay blind to his faith, and activate the Ring. He didn't want to see.

The end of all strife?

- This questions whether or not the so called "Great Journey" is actually the heaven the Covenant sought out. By now it's pretty apparent that The Great Journey pretty much destroys all life in the Galaxy: not just the end of all "Strife", but the end of any life forever (at least new lifeforms begin to evolve and take their place millions of years later).

Usurp the master

These beasts answer to me

- Maccabeus was Chieftain of the Brutes before Tartarus. Tartarus challenged Maccabeus to a duel, and defeated him: taking his Chieftain Rank for his own, which "Usurp" means to take by force. Now the Brutes "Answer to him".

It did something to me...

This inferior creation

- Early on in Tartarus' career during the battle of Tiara above Harvest, Tartarus was dealt an insulting blow by an "Inferior Creation": Dadab the Grunt. Dadab overcharged his Plasma Pistol and shot a bolt at Tartarus, who had to flee Johnson's militia (but not before blasting Dadab to oblivion with the Fist of Rukt). The Wikia says that this was "the most insulting wound of Tartarus' life" (I know the Wikia is derpy on some info, but for the most part it's correct).

Score:

10 - JL

7 - Butch Flowers

6 - Self Destruct

5 - Caboose the Ace

4 - Unease P34nut

4 - rrhuntington

3 - Starfire

3 - UNSC Spartan-II

3 - WonderWombat

2 - Twinreaper

2 - Zaguroth