Crazy Grunt's Riddle Challenge (Round 6)

Axilus Prime

We met as Children

we were good friends

you saved my life

you promised marriage

I thought you died

I was sad

we met again

face to face

I did not know you

but you knew me

for I had to go

to fight off covenant

never heard from again

who are we?

Hello, I'm new here.
This one's obvious to me! The answer is: Flip music!

Private Manuel Mendoza: "Why do we have to listen to this old stuff, Sarge?” 
Staff Sergeant Avery Johnson: “Watch your mouth, son, this "stuff" is your history.”
Mendoza: “Hey, if the Covenant want to wipe out this particular part of my history, that's fine by me.”
Private Bisenti: “Yeah... better it than us.”

"Shreddin' through time and space":

Origin:

Flip Music facts:

The "slam-bam" beat of flip music is descended from 21st century metal. Avery Johnson had an odd fascination with the genre. Those around him, however, were less interested in this genre of music. Flip music is popular at dance clubs, which are common destinations for Marines and Orbital Drop Shock Troopers on leave. Many people dislike flip music, including Captain Jacob Keyes, SPARTAN John-117, Corporal Locklear, Private First Class Wallace Jenkins, and Privates Riley, Mendoza, and Bisenti.

The flip music heard in the "Jenkins' helmet cam" cinematic is a song called "Shreddin'." This song was created for Halo: Combat Evolved, although it is not present on the retail soundtrack. It was later released as a free download on Bungie.net. The only time it is heard in any of the Halo games is through Jenkins' helmet recording device.