Halo 4 is now number #5 on XBL Good Job 343

Jaw

It's very sad to see the XBL activity charts showing Halo 4 as the number 5 spot.  When are you going to realize you killed the game by taking out numbered ranks and the ability to speak to the other team?  Why don't you get it?  You should have figured after Bungie lost most of it's fan base after Reach was released that you would smarten up.  Bring back a couple of playlists with visible ranks for the competitive folks. Give us a non-loadout classic playlist. Nobody cares about the visible rank in waypoint you gave us. That's why there still playing COD.  More people are playing soccer than Halo lol for peats sake. Give us what we want and restore Halo.  

Sincerely,

The Tens of Thousands of Lost Gamers

• Like 1

Cool, you're speaking for tens of thousands of gamers. Are you like, Legion or something from the bible? Like, a bunch of angry gamer souls in one vessel? I can only imagine all the complaints and perspiration.

yes maybe he is not speaking for thousands in a way but thousands of halo gamers feel like this and I agree yes halo 4 was 343 first shot so I can forgive them on that but rember halo 3 it was the best fps out there before reach came out so I think we need to bring back ideas old and a bit of new for halo 5 so old players can enjoy visible 1 to 50 but casuals get something as well :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Actually, to be fair, the fact that Halo 4 is #5 on XBL is quite an impressive feat, considering how many "Tens of Thousands of Lost Gamers" are not playing the game.  :/  What people are failing to realize is for every gamer that decides he doesn't want to play Halo 4 and moves on to another game, somebody new is picking up the game.  In the eyes of the development team and the producers, what makes a game "good"?  The fact that it has a loyal fan base, or the fact that they made millions?  Is it a huge player population, or just the sales?

These types of threads pop up all the time, everybody claiming the same thing, that they're speaking for the community.  While the complain threads far outweigh the praise threads, that is just the nature of people themselves.  People are more likely to go on the internet to complain than they are to go on and praise, simply because those who like the game are actually playing it instead of talking about it on the internet.

I understand why people don't enjoy Halo 4.  It was a giant step away from what Halo has always been.  To be fair, with all of the hate that Reach received, people would have thought that 343 would take it to heart when developing Halo 4, but that obviously was not the case.  I personally enjoyed Reach, and I enjoy Halo 4.  Maybe not as much as I enjoyed Halo 3, but I enjoy it none the less.  Does this make me any less of a fan than somebody who thinks Halo 4 is crap?  No, it doesn't.  It just shows that everybody has a different opinion.

I posed this question in another thread, but I don't believe I ever got a response directly too it.  What would show 343 what the community wants more, people complaining on the internet or people taking action?  Right now, all we are getting is people complaining on the internet.  The OP claims that people are still playing CoD.  Is that the way to get the developer of Halo to change it back into what it once was, or is that a misguided sign to them that a CoD type game is what the community wants?  If people really wanted to make a statement, it is better done not in an online forum, but within the games themselves.  If all of these people want a game that plays and feels more like Halo 3, then why not show the developer this by staging an entire weekend or an entire week or longer, where all of those who are unhappy with Halo 4 actually go and fill the servers of Halo 3?  Personally, a statement of that sorts is more likely to catch the eye of 343 than anything that is being ranted about in a forum.

• Like 2

Guest Frogger24

I struggle to understand why I should care if it is in the top 5 or the top billion. It is a game. If I like it I will play it, doesnt matter if its "ranked" highly. And yes I do still play Halo 4, not as much as before but thats because of other games being released. So again, why should I care?

• Like 4

I'd have to say that the numbers speak for themselves. Several of the 343 staff were around since HaloCE and they know what the players/customers wanted and yet they chose to ignore it. Tired of hearing that same old "it's their 1st game" nonsense. It most certainly is not. If I recall correctly, none of the previous Halos with maybe the exception of Reach, NEVER came off #1 until the release of the next Halo. Go figure right.

I'd say 343 will be lucky if H4 is still in the top 10 by the end of the year. I could be wrong but mehhhh, I'm thinking not.

Edited by TRF BaDInTentZs
  • Like 1

I'd have to say that the numbers speak for themselves. Several of the 343 staff were around since HaloCE and they know what the players/customers wanted and yet they chose to ignore it. Tired of hearing that same old "it's their 1st game" nonsense. It most certainly is not. If I recall correctly, none of the previous Halos with maybe the exception of Reach, NEVER came off #1 until the release of the next Halo. Go figure right.

I'd say 343 will be lucky if H4 is still in the top 10 by the end of the year. I could be wrong but mehhhh, I'm thinking not.

mw3 beat halo 4 thats pretty funny and sad now. XD

• Like 1

1. People quit online play out of the COMPETITIVENESS 2. Ranking system made things WORSE 3. Game needs more CASUALS online if anything 4. The game is real good actually

If you didn't know Halo 2 was the best and number one played game on xbox for years?  It had a ranking system except  1-45 then there were symbols instead of numbers for 46 -50.  When Halo 3 came out it was the most popular xbox game for years.  The population for these games were insane.  When Bungie went a different direction with Reach the population plummeted.  Reach didn't have ranks they had the arena lol .  So most the population was lost at Reach because of the game changing elements such as no ranking system  and armor abilities...which sucked and most players didn't like.  Bungie changed the whole dynamic of the game and took out the competitiveness and added loadouts and unlockable items that mirrored COD. Why play a knockoff COD when you can play the real deal?

Some players  might of left the game because they weren't good at it but that's not why the majority left.  343 continued Halo's downfall by keeping out ranks and catering to the casual gamer.  Halo 3 had social and ranked why cant we have both?  If your not competitive play social why cant all players win?  Im sure MLG wants a no loadout ranked playlist also.  Save Halo 343.

i play mw3 only because.

3v3 is fun

i can talk to the other team

Its fun when they crap talk my team and realize we have a 60+ win streak legitly no quiting out and make over 5-7 teams quit out a match

It's Easy doesn't require  much with a headset i can do it all.

This to me is fun relaxing and easy.

Unlike halo 4.

all halo 4 needs is in-game working  ranking system and a better social enviroment and i beleive it will be good again.

1. People quit online play out of the COMPETITIVENESS 2. Ranking system made things WORSE 3. Game needs more CASUALS online if anything 4. The game is real good actually

thank you Halogeek99 for those 2 posts. well said