Exile vs Ragnarok

Admiral Ackbar

When Halo 4 first came out it seemed like very Big Team Infinity Slayer match took place on Ragnarok. I know a lot of people liked the map because it was a classic. There has been a version of Ragnarok in every Halo game. That's common knowledge. Within the first week of the release, I had grown sick and tired of the map. Every single match was played on Ragnarok.

However in the past week or so. Maybe just the past couple of days, I've noticed that the new preferred map is Exile. I'm not sure why. To me Exile is just an overall obnoxious map. The majority of the time you spawn in the cross hairs of an enemy player. Or you just get blown up by the Scorpion.

Am I the only one who is wanting something new? Maybe to play Longbow on occasion or Meltdown, I'd even like to play on Vortex every once in a while. I know at the moment there are only a few maps available for Big Team matches, but am I the only one who isn't a huge fan of Exile.

See I'm the same way with Longbow. Some games I do terrible and have a negative K/D, and other times I do great. But I'd rather play Longbow over Exile. Just because Exile gets played so much. And the camping on that map can get pretty bad. And I'm not against camping, but it certainly changes the feel of the game.

See I'm the same way with Longbow. Some games I do terrible and have a negative K/D, and other times I do great. But I'd rather play Longbow over Exile. Just because Exile gets played so much. And the camping on that map can get pretty bad. And I'm not against camping, but it certainly changes the feel of the game.

Ditto, I'm not a fan of Exile all that much. Its not horrible, but its kinda weird... I prefer ragnarok over it. I wouldn't mind playing vortex or Meltdown every few hundred or so games though!

Exile has a Gauss Hog in it! Errbuddy leeervvv the Gauss Hog!

I hate when really good people use the gauss hog on exile. A little while ago dude sat in the back corner of the map and practically sniped people with it. Couldn't get close at all and the guy ended up going like 52-3 or something like that.

And yeah I dislike the voting system. I wish they would set the maps on a rotation.

I usually play on every map. Majority is on Exile and Rag though. I do somewhat like Rag but, I had enough of it in Halo 3 when it was known as Valhalla. Yeah it was a nice map but, I've just played it enough and prefer Exile and the other two maps over it greatly.

I hate when really good people use the gauss hog on exile. A little while ago dude sat in the back corner of the map and practically sniped people with it. Couldn't get close at all and the guy ended up going like 52-3 or something like that.

And yeah I dislike the voting system. I wish they would set the maps on a rotation.

You're team must have sucked to not be able to hit it with any of the power weapons like the Fuel Rod, Rockets, or Inc Cannon. Or even pick him off with the sniper.

Yeah I can see what the poster means.. its always the same 2 maps but being as the new age halo is camp, sit back and take long shots its no real surprise as the other lvl's force you to play somewhat.

Played Ragnarok (Valhalla was my favourite lvl ever in Halo 3) 3 times yesterday with different teams of players and each time I had the bad luck of playing with a team that never once tried to take the middle ground????? I know this is not always the case but in these games we had many chances to advance but my team never did.. I took the spartan at the start of one game and killed all but the enemy mantis which should have given us lvl superiority only to realise that my entire team were hanging around our base waiting for the enemy to advance. Of course we lost but a few campers got the psitive K/D which appears to be all people care for.

They need to design all new lvl's as the changes in the game can ruin what was good about old lvl's, I had wanted 'The Pit' to return but now see that it will be nothing more than players sticking to their sides of the lvl and anyone who advances getting DMR'd to death in a heartbeat.

I say more new lvl's where all the power weapons are spread out so they have to be fought for at the start, hell take the sniper from the base in valhalla and put them at the base of the hill on each side. Bring back the enjoyable mayhem.

By Camping in Ragnorok I mean sitting back and waiting for the enemy to come to you!!! Its more failing to advance something you payed for dearly in previous Halo's and deserved to pay for.

With the new loadouts it is prolific in this game and while there is nothing expecially wrong with it, it does ruin the old good natured in your face fun that was Halo.. The idea of pushing the enemy back to their spawn point and sometimes overrunning it was the best thing ever but has gone the way of the fairy's in this game.

In exile you get players that just hang back around the tank spawn in the hope it will be back soon, same for snipes in ragnarok. Not saying this did not exist in previous versions of the game but it is prolific in the new one.

There is not much 343 can do about player mentalities many of which have been warped by COD for too many yrs. and it is sad to see a good game being ruined not by the designers failing but by the players playing it!!!

I kind of like the new style with the Load Outs. The in your face halo was usually running at people with an AR. The new Load Outs make it interesting. You have the ranged weapons mixed in with the close quarters.

In the past overrunning the other team is still possible. However with the new secondary spawns you can'd do that as much. A lot of times the team that overruns the other base actually end up losing because the get pinned down.

I kind of like the new style with the Load Outs. The in your face halo was usually running at people with an AR. The new Load Outs make it interesting. You have the ranged weapons mixed in with the close quarters.

The in your face gamepley i was describing was more a case of endless advance i.e. when playing valhalla in the past players would go over the hill to attack those coming from the other side even with a BR yet now people never advance and why would you when a whole team with DMR's are sitting back waiting for you so they can pick you off long range.

I enjoyed the new game style for a while and yet find myself bored and endlessley in dominion just for some fast paced action I mean since when did BTb become a boring game mode??? sit back, wait, take a few shots, find cover, wait, take a few more shots, etc, never advance!!!!! THE NEW HALO!!

When I play Big Team it's usually pretty face paced. I'll admit Ragnarok can be pretty slow at times. But Exile, Longbow, and Meltdown are all really fast paced games. Maybe it's because there are no real "bases" on those maps?

Maybe that's what slows down the game. With a clear base you can just hang back there. Especially on Ragnarok when there's no way to circle around to the other teams base. You can only go straight up the middle. On Longbow, Exile, and Meltdown you can circle to the other teams base.

i kind of like the more strategic style ragnorock and the dmr it forces you to play with thought behind your movements. i also like the run and gun fun of the smaller maps such as haven and solice but i have to be honest longbow gives you both aspects and this for me makes it the most rounded map on the game so far

It seems to be about 48% Ragnarok, 48% Exile, 2% Vortex, and 0% Meltdown.

It's a shame because I don't like Exile at all and Ragnarok gets really old fast. Vortex is my favorite because I am a huge ghost fan.

take ragnarok over exile ANY DAY. hate that map.