Looking For Game Dev Team For PC/Xbox 360 Indie Game!

Slenderman

I used to have a "pirated" copy of unity3d pro but decided the graphics were bad and it was a little to simplistic and can't export games to xbox 360 without a large license fee.

I think we should stick to computer games for now. We should use either Unity or gamemaker to create a little retro gamei have some experience with gamemaker..

• Like 1

Hey, so I came across this post and am wondering, do you guys have anything or anyone planned to do music? If you are looking for a composer I'm happy to help and can work with most genres and styles. Send me an email at [email protected] if your interested. (lower case "o", not zero)

Just what I was looking for!

I think we should stick to computer games for now. We should use either Unity or gamemaker to create a little retro gamei have some experience with gamemaker..

I think Doctor has the stick of it here. There's two advantages to doing something like this:

1) It gets everyone to know the team. If you're half way through the project and then find out your lead programmer has a perchance for not listening, doing everything his/her own way and crapping on ideas it is a bit late to find that out, especially if you have to go back and find someone else to do all that and fix it all over again.

2) It offers objective insight into where you've gone wrong. Creating a game in a format that enables putting it on websites where people can play is a great assest. When you're working on something one of two extremes tends to happen; you either think it is extremely good and there aren't any flaws or you hate what you're doing/believe it isn't as good as you think it could be. The opinions of people who aren't related to the project in anyway is a good way of ironing out things that need to be tightned up and improved.

All in all a small test game (doesn't have to be too long or too hard, but more a small attempt to forge a team and produce something to the best of our abilities) would be a great way to help find the path in an attempt to make something bigger. Heck, do it as a prequel to the idea of the large project; not only could this lead to a developing fan-base, and thus people waiting for the start, but it ties it in with the whole thing. Above all else it helps stick the team together and hopefully leads to a point where we trust each other to let everyone do their jobs and their jobs only. Otherwise it gets complicated quickly

As for myself I'd be happy to help write things; I'll send some links to things I've written when I get the chance to see if you approve of the style/writing ability.

However a bit more direction in writing might be welcome. Sure we've got the overview but I can do all types of nasty with an overview and take it in the wrong direction. For many a writer planning is akin to the lubrication a doctor would put on their fingers before a prostate exam; it makes it much easier but it still doesn't mean you enjoy it. What I mean by this is an idea is a great thing but it falls down unless you have some framework to plan off.

I get the aliens and time-travel but to what extent? Do you want purely just the humans and the aliens or a more fleshed-out background? How does the time-travel link into everything; i..e do you want it at the beginning, middle or the end of the story (with the latter being a way to link it on to further games)? Is it an intergeral theme, and if so how much, i.e. are they fighting for a way to time-travel back? The general questions can go on for a while.

I don't mean to sound like a Dbag and I'm perfectly willing to help but I think the idea behind the game needs to be discussed in a bit more detail. It is one thing to purely say "I want THIS and THAT, now chop-chop" but it will eventually end in havoc, especially if two or more people are trying to make up ideas from an idea. Essentially a bit of organisation is key; get the writers together and let them discuss of you're basic idea and it should work a smoother in the long run.